You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Terrible_Turtle

Count Your Blessings

20 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

These are definitely the craziest games to be apart of, especially on the winning side. I'm never against winning, but man it's still a mixed emotion when you've only got 7k damage and played for under 5 minutes and won.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

^ The enemy team was playing this at full blast, I'd wager.

I think my fastest game (lost I think) was 4-5 mins. What can you do when get steamrolled? Get steamrolled faster :medal:

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,510 battles

Especially when you are in a tier 10 boat - maybe used some camo, consumables, flags, and you lose credits on the battle on a win..

Edited by Panzer1113

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I LOATH those types of matches. They feel so incomplete and leave a sour taste in my mouth, even when I'm on the winning side. Sad part is, I've been seeing more and more of these types of games lately. Just one sided steam rolls where one team completely dominates the other. They're like a domino effect, one team loses 2 or 3 ships, and usually its the end.

I really miss those really close games where its down to one or two ships fighting it out, all of them on their last legs, where the game could literally swing either way. The last minute nail biters. Win or lose, I ALWAYS enjoy those types of games.

Beta Testers
903 posts
8,366 battles

I've been on both ends of those games.  They weren't particularly enjoyable.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

WTH!!!

Steamrolling has been pretty ridiculous lately.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

These are definitely the craziest games to be apart of, especially on the winning side. I'm never against winning, but man it's still a mixed emotion when you've only got 7k damage and played for under 5 minutes and won.

I had a battle yesterday over in 5 minutes in which I took 2k damage ina cruiser. I'm still rather shocked.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

That's like getting sucker punched for the reds. On the upside the pain was over mercifully fast and it's on to the next battle.

Members
5,202 posts

WTH!!!

Yeah, it has. Of the six games I played today, five of them were steamrolls. And I was on the receiving end of the butt-whoopin'. :hide_turtle:

That's my cue to stop for the day.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Actually been in a similar type of match... there was a sign of a comeback starting then bam - game over. Having been on both sides of those matches, I find neither side enjoyable. 

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,167 battles

The ones that always throw me are where one team loses points so fast from the start, (the usual base 300,) that they reach 0 and the game just stops... It leaves you all Huh? Wut?

Not even really a steamroll, though likely to be one, expensive ships just go bye-bye and that's all folks!

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

I've been noticing a big lack of playing for the caps. Two games in a row, Alabama and Aoba - my team ignored the caps and lost because of it. A third match, in Aoba, had me on the winning side - the three remaining BBs on my team beat four Battleships, a cruiser and a destroyer because their team ignored the caps until the end of the match.

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

I think my fastest tier 10 games was under 5 minutes on a loss. Enemy team zero'd us before I could get my damage in as a Gearing. It sucks when most of your team rushes a cap and gets annihilated while you're at another cap. lol

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

WTH!!!

Hear Hear!!!  Yesterday, EVERY game was over in under 6 minutes.  I think the longest Match was 6:45- and that's only because we had to chase down a CV that was hiding in a corner.  The match was effectively over by the 5 minute mark.

BOOOO- HISSSSSS!!!!   It's just so unsatisfying- the game starts; enemies are spotted, shells fly- and POOF! it's over.   Yeah, we won, but yippie skip- nobody earned much, and damage totals were just sad...  I feel like I just totally wasted that premium camo, Damage Control II;  and the signals I loaded.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

The standard mode has two caps, right... as opposed to domination which can have three or four... so there's less of a chance to get points from capping in standard mode... hence I think the dds go all out with their initial torp loads then hope they can run for the hills before anyone spots them. 

Members
248 posts
13,354 battles

Yea the quick lopsided matches have been going in full force as of late, it gets pretty frustrating sometimes.