You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheDefiantPirate21

A humble Pirate

35 comments in this topic

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

I am TheDefiantPirate21 as you can see in my signature....I am not the best...In fact i dont doubt i am probably one of the worst that being said I am not above asking for help So please people Help this humble Pirate understand what hes doing wrong and how to get better!

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

The first thing you can do is learn how to utilize grammar properly. For example, try putting in periods at the end of a sentence.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,232 battles

well what are you having problems with?

Punctuations. Maybe?

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

well what are you having problems with?

what isn't a problem! I experiment with my hull angle, but still get the crap kicked out of my Citadel! I am generally on the loosing team, I am starting to get the hang of leading targets, but still feel like I'm not doing as much Damage as i could. Torpedoes always miss, I somehow always end up the focused target! and keep in mind. that if its a ship that should hang back i do hang back and stick with the rest of the fleet! if its a ship that rushes the objective I rush the objective! but even still just looking at Warships today has left me quite depressed about my skill! 

AS FOR ALL YOU GRAMMAR NAZIS OUT THERE, YOUR NOT HELPING!!!!!

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

If you have any replays of a typical game, that can be one of the best ways to get advice tailored to you specifically.

@Soshi_Stone but have you been to boston in the fall?

Edited by RipNuN2

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Argh don't be listenin to dem pansies and their periods

start here matey

work on your aim angling and positioning an watch a lot er youtube for the ship yer in

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Because I'm on mobile I can't get as much information as I'd like, but I suspect you're under a few misconceptions about gameplay mechanics.

When do you usually play? I can div with you and give some advice.

Edited by X15

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

If you have any replays of a typical game, that can be one of the best ways to get advice tailored to you specifically.

@Soshi_Stone but have you been to boston in the fall?

Let me find one and throw it up in here Probably in my Arizona because thats the ship i am best in...I think ether that or else its just the one i use the most....

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

so instead of setting up ways to help you people are going to just berate you perhaps because of grammar???

I think you would be better off going to YOUTUBE and looking up Flamu, Notser, iChase and others.... 

nothing good could possibly come from posting it here,,, apparently

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,730 posts
26,569 battles

iChase's captain's academy is a very good learning tool, but it seems to me that you're having trouble with the absolute basics.

Try not to be the one in the front. If you rush a cap, always have a plan of retreat, in case you meet resistance. If you "always somehow end up the focused target", that is because you are the easiest target for the enemies to shoot at. Maybe you're out in front, maybe you're showing your broadside, maybe you're the only one spotted.

Let others go first. Let others become focused. Angle towards or away from enemies shooting at you. There's no shame in withdrawing if too many people are shooting at you.

Stop making yourself a target. When you're shooting at someone, think about why you're shooting at him in particular, what he's doing that makes him the best target for you to shoot at. And then don't do that thing yourself.

I think you would be better off going to YOUTUBE and looking up Flamu, Notser, iChase and others....

Advanced tips for average to decent players aren't going to help the OP. He needs to learn the basics first.

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

Because I'm on mobile I can't get as much information as I'd like, but I suspect you're under a few misconceptions about gameplay mechanics.

When do you usually play? I can div with you and give some advice.

well usually in the evenings after my friend Talonrake who is By far a much better player than I gets back from work We are in Arizona and thus i dont know what the time difference would be :P but still man I will see if your on when me and Talonrake get on and we can go from there Thank you for the help :)

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

iChase's captain's academy is a very good learning tool, but it seems to me that you're having trouble with the absolute basics.

Try not to be the one in the front. If you rush a cap, always have a plan of retreat, in case you meet resistance. If you "always somehow end up the focused target", that is because you are the easiest target for the enemies to shoot at. Maybe you're out in front, maybe you're showing your broadside, maybe you're the only one spotted.

Let others go first. Let others become focused. Angle towards or away from enemies shooting at you. There's no shame in withdrawing if too many people are shooting at you.

Stop making yourself a target. When you're shooting at someone, think about why you're shooting at him in particular, what he's doing that makes him the best target for you to shoot at. And then don't do that thing yourself.

pretty much this, but I wanted to comeback and add... STOP PLAYING TIER 5... that is bad right now.. 

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

so instead of setting up ways to help you people are going to just berate you perhaps because of grammar???

nothing good could possibly come from posting it here,,, apparently

Apparently but i am still open to the offer of a Division later if its available :) 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,730 posts
26,569 battles

pretty much this, but I wanted to comeback and add... STOP PLAYING TIER 5... that is bad right now.. 

Good point, tier 5 is rough, I would recommend dropping to tier 3 and 4, which gets better matchmaking. Nobody's forcing you to move up when you grind out the next ship. There's nothing wrong with playing lower tier ships if you enjoy them. I'm on the verge of getting my 10th T10, but I keep ships of tier 2 all the way up to 10 in my port, because I enjoy them.

Another tip I can give you OP, is spectate good players after you die. Watch how they play, what they do, try and figure out why they're going what they do. Learn by observation.

Another tip is, don't switch ship types too often. You learn more by playing one ship 20 times than 20 ships once each, especially if they vary wildly in play style.

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

Actually I am more of the T6 area My favorite ship is Arizona :P for obvious reasons ((...I am from Arizona)) XD and to be honest Everything T7 and up i just suck even worse at 

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

Good point, tier 5 is rough, I would recommend dropping to tier 3 and 4, which gets better matchmaking. Nobody's forcing you to move up when you grind out the next ship. There's nothing wrong with playing lower tier ships if you enjoy them. I'm on the verge of getting my 10th T10, but I keep ships of tier 2 all the way up to 10 in my port, because I enjoy them.

Another tip I can give you OP, is spectate good players after you die. Watch how they play, what they do, try and figure out why they're going what they do. Learn by observation.

Another tip is, don't switch ship types too often. You learn more by playing one ship 20 times than 20 ships once each, especially if they vary wildly in play style.

Those are fair points and i do have a number of T3-4 ships i could use but still Arizona is my favorite and I cant stop playing her XD

Beta Testers
903 posts
8,366 battles

Listen to Lert.  I'd also have to agree you should drop down to tier 4 and get a better understanding of game mechanics before moving up.  This game is mostly about positioning and placing yourself in favorable situations.

I'll give you the advice I give all new players.

1. The mini-map is is hax.  Turn on last position and ALWAYS pay attention to where enemy and friendly ships are.

2. Zoom out of scope after every shot and look around.  Tunnel vision is very bad.

3. Avoid fair fights when ever possible.  If the situation isn't favorable, start retreating.

4. And most importantly, ALWAYS have an exit plan.

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

After looking at your stats, you have an overall survival rate of 12%. And that only goes down the more recent we get. I think this might be a large part of your problem, so I'm going to try and help you improve that. And given most your games are in BBs we will probably start with the good ole slogan: "Don't sail in a straight line." However I'm also going to add: "Especially towards the enemy." If you get too close, especially at the start of a match, you'll probably be flanked and unable to angle. And if the shells don't get you, the torpedos will. But, because your posting here, I doubt your a bot. So you probably don't just try to run straight in. What I'm betting happens is this: You push at a cap, you see lots of enemies pop up, you try to get close and shoot them, you realize your losing the fight, you start turning around, you see your ship explode suddenly and violently. The problem comes when you realize you'd be dead if you hadn't turned. Sound familiar?

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

Just power on through and get that Yamato, it will all work out.

[seriously, go have fun in Coop and learn how to shoot and dodge basically, how to work with your team. Reflexes have to get rather intuitive and that takes time and many battles]

Members
390 posts
2,764 battles

Don't always push just because you're in a ship built to push. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Basically, learn when it's good to push, and when it's best to hold the line or even retreat. I recommend once you have the basics down, maybe consider the armchair general approach and try to study tactics. Especially if you want to drive battleships.

Also, watch Jingles videos, like "How to Not Suck". Some of it may be a little outdated, but it's a good way to learn that broadside is a paddlin', how to identify a ram before you get rammed, a strong emphasis on sticking together and watching the map.

Members
59 posts
4,692 battles

After looking at your stats, you have an overall survival rate of 12%. And that only goes down the more recent we get. I think this might be a large part of your problem, so I'm going to try and help you improve that. And given most your games are in BBs we will probably start with the good ole slogan: "Don't sail in a straight line." However I'm also going to add: "Especially towards the enemy." If you get too close, especially at the start of a match, you'll probably be flanked and unable to angle. And if the shells don't get you, the torpedos will. But, because your posting here, I doubt your a bot. So you probably don't just try to run straight in. What I'm betting happens is this: You push at a cap, you see lots of enemies pop up, you try to get close and shoot them, you realize your losing the fight, you start turning around, you see your ship explode suddenly and violently. The problem comes when you realize you'd be dead if you hadn't turned. Sound familiar?

Yea I I think that might be part of it I do know how to use my rudder and i do actually turn and try to avoid showing the full broadside unless its to make the final blow or i am still far back and sniping from long distance/Have not yet been seen at the start of the match however i think you may have gotten to the crux of the matter It may just all and all be my positioning as far as my survival goes and the fact i may be to eager and push up a little to quickly :P 

Now onto another issue i know i have when im in a DD or a Cruiser/Scharnhorst/Terpitz that has Torpedoes and that is actually using my torpedoes While what im about to talk about is more for DD/Cruiser play its still valid i feel and that is Most of the time my torpedoes miss at range even though i aim with the white prediction marker I have even tried giving a little more or a little less to compensate for maneuvering but I never get any more than say maybe the occasional single torpedo hit if i am lucky

but i will probably have to turn to Ichase's videos to see if i cant figure out angling better