KalishniKat

Why Stats Mean So Much

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

347 posts in this topic

Everyone plays for fun. OP is just trolling or Butt hurt about something.

High expectations normally lead more to rage and frustration than "fun." That, and they seriously increase the "jobbiness" of it all. Work. Zzz.

Stats are very important. How else can your performance be rated when it comes time to pay the big money to the best players. I mean after all, this is serious. If you have bad stats how will you support your family? You may end up finding it hard to pay your bills if your win rate is too low and WG cuts your salary. So, to hell with fun, grow up, grind it out, live to win, play only to get better, don't relax, or you will NOT get that big contract with all the $$$ and perks. Remember too, the people you play with, whom you don't know and will never meet, are watching you. You dont want to let them down with your relaxed easy going fun style gameplay! So, remember, this isn't a game, it's a job and strangers are both judging you and counting on you so step it up!!!!

Stats are important but they are also easily misread particularly when a player focuses on one single stat such as survival above all never engaging unless the odds are securely in their favor.

He's not being sarcastic, Audioman. Not in the sense you think.

Edited by Hiroe

Stats are very important. How else can your performance be rated when it comes time to pay the big money to the best players. I mean after all, this is serious. If you have bad stats how will you support your family? You may end up finding it hard to pay your bills if your win rate is too low and WG cuts your salary. So, to hell with fun, grow up, grind it out, live to win, play only to get better, don't relax, or you will NOT get that big contract with all the $$$ and perks. Remember too, the people you play with, whom you don't know and will never meet, are watching you. You dont want to let them down with your relaxed easy going fun style gameplay! So, remember, this isn't a game, it's a job and strangers are both judging you and counting on you so step it up!!!!

Says the dude with hidden stats...

Who cares about stats anyway???

No, just mocking those who seem to forget that this is a GAME. A free game.  So many complaints lately about how un-fun the grind is etc. If it's not fun then why the hell are you doing it??? To get great stats? To grind to the next un-fun level? To get the big financial payoff for being "unicum?" Or is your payoff the smug feeling you get by putting you stats in your signature? 

Ahh yes. You are one of those - "it's just a game" types. Moving on.

And that's why they are hidden. My stats are not for you or anyone else. They are for me as an aid to the style of play I want. I don't care about your stats, nor anyone elses. Why do you care about mine? You obviously cared enough to try and look them up? Why? How do my stats effect your life in any way at all??

Stat's don't matter... except of course when they do.

Ahh yes. You are one of those - "it's just a game" types. Moving on.

It's not a game???? What is it then??

Because sometimes, after a good/bad/long/short/stressful/boring day, you log on an just FEEL like going Leroy Jenkins into a cap, guns blazing looking to see how much carnage you can put out before you sink.

Then comes the try-hards that moan and cry foul because you're not trying to WIN and you're ruining their Stats.  When the community demands you play at the top of your game ALL THE TIME, wherever that happens to be, that's when playing a game becomes a JOB.

You are either trolling or a complete idiot who just likes to make everyone elses time in game miserable by being bad on purpose. It is not a job trying to good at a game. It really does not take that much effort to be decent at this game... the game is easy. Also, for someone who says they have a tough long day job you seem to have a ton of time to defend your post where you could be spending this time getting better at the game!!!!!

Edited by SeaBreeze_

You are either trolling or a complete idiot who just likes to make everyone elses time in game miserable by being bad on purpose. It is not a job trying to good at a game. It really does not take that much effort to be decent at this game... the game is easy. Also, for someone who says they have a tough long day job you seem to have a ton of time to defend your post where you could be spending this time getting better at the game!!!!!

It requires different amounts of effort depending on the person. You may have some intuitive understanding of the mechanics, but not everyone does. It's much harder to improve for others. That, and having high expectations in general is very "jobby."

It's not a game???? What is it then??

I agree with the idea that it's more than a game, but in the sense that a lot of modern "games" are more than simple games. There's too much to them and calling them "games" reduces them. It doesn't do the reality much justice. I still don't take them super seriously though. I don't take anything - aside from my beliefs - super seriously. Edited by Hiroe

Yes, by all means NEVER use this game a means of fun or relaxation..you might let down the team of strangers you were randomly selected to play with and that would be terrible and cost them lots of money. Always play to grind, if you don't win remember that it's because you suck, are a horrible person, hate winning and never want to get better at anything in life. 

"Relaxing" and "Having fun" are not necessarily synonymous.

I don't play Warships to relax. I play for the competition, and I find THAT to be very fun. 

Different people play for  different reasons, there's no "right" way to play the game. 

Just fyi everyone, unless you dont care and just play to pew pew a little before you die you are hard core stat freak that drains all the fun out of the the game for everyone and earning a pay check from the game. There are no other options. 

I don't play Warships to relax. I play for the competition, and I find THAT to be very fun. 

Different people play for  different reasons, there's no "right" way to play the game. 

I've never understood how some people can "activate" their competitive feelings so easily. My competitive feelings only come into play when something substantial is at stake.

It was funny reading the replies, especially the stat freaks who freaked out at being made fun of.

I've never understood how some people can "activate" their competitive feelings so easily. My competitive feelings only come into play when something substantial is at stake.

It's pretty easy to "activate" competitive feelings in a competitive game. 

It's pretty easy to "activate" competitive feelings in a competitive game. 

Not for me! It's possible that mine are weaker.

I agree with everything but the last bit, but by just a little.

The game is supposed to be played, loosely, a certain way. The ultimate goal is to achieve victory through points, base capture, or sinking the entire enemy fleet before the time runs out. Some of the people who "just want to have fun" don't believe this. They believe this is Ship Simulator with weapons they get to use to humor themselves. They don't believe in winning, points, or sinking other ships. That is bad for the game as a whole, and that sort of behavior should be discouraged because it detracts from the game as it was designed. The 99% majority shouldn't have to put up with people that don't want to adhere to the basic principles of the game.

I maintain high stats for one reason and one reason only: it lends weight to my opinion on the forums. Yes, yes... commence hurling week-old fruit.

I agree with everything but the last bit, but by just a little.

The game is supposed to be played, loosely, a certain way. The ultimate goal is to achieve victory through points, base capture, or sinking the entire enemy fleet before the time runs out. Some of the people who "just want to have fun" don't believe this. They believe this is Ship Simulator with weapons they get to use to humor themselves. They don't believe in winning, points, or sinking other ships. That is bad for the game as a whole, and that sort of behavior should be discouraged because it detracts from the game as it was designed. The 99% majority shouldn't have to put up with people that don't want to adhere to the basic principles of the game.

Agreed. 

Stats don't mean squat, all of these so called stat [edited]and stat freaks are just that, they live for something that is essentially unimportant and if anyone thinks for one second that these so called ever unimportant stats are what will define you in the real world, then you just got smoke blown up your rear end.  Everyone likes to win, however, you can like to win without obsessing over useless stats.  Just go out there and have fun, win or lose and forget about stats, the stat [edited]and stat freaks.

Think about this, those that obsess about stats are part of one of two categories, they are either 1) pre adult that have not yet made their way in the real world and think that having good stats in a video game is going to somehow help them in real life, or the are part of group 2) they are adults that have generally failed in real life and have finally made their mommas marginally proud by excelling at something that is useless (video game).