KalishniKat

Why Stats Mean So Much

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

347 posts in this topic

Eastern European gangsters do it all the time, Liam Neeson made 3 movies about it :D

A buddy of mine has experience with Croatian 'ladies of the night' that nobody's been brave enough to ask about.

Funny thing is, he wants to be a priest.   

A buddy of mine has experience with Croatian 'ladies of the night' that nobody's been brave enough to ask about.

Funny thing is, he wants to be a priest.   

Lol!

I'm telling you flat out I don't care enough about this game to fret whether I can show everyone else on the forums how great I am when no one really cares to begin with. You might need that attention.

And because it perhaps shapes your reality you assume everyone needs it or they're lying. I enjoy billiards, i'm not great at it, but I don't sit at the bar upset that i'm not the best in the building.

This is a hobby for me. It's not even one of my favorites to be honest.

I don't value being the best in this game so i'm never going to be the best nor am I going to do unfun things to attempt it. Your particular excellence applies in a game that offers no tangible reward for doing so.

~

I no longer suffer from that delusion. Win or lose doesn't matter one iota as my life isn't based on success in this game, isn't justified by how well I do in this game and i'm happy.

~

It's ok to have bad stats, it's ok to not be good at this game, everyone suck at this game at one point. but it's selfish to be ok with a 45% WR and not do anything about it. This isn't billiards where it's a 1v1 competitive sport, you are dependent on the team and the team is dependent on you. If you can play at an average level then you aren't a burden on your team because that is what you are expected to be able to do. If you play 5% below average, this just means someone else will have to pick up your slack when you are put on their team. This is selfish because if you truly do not care about winning or losing or stats there is a gamemode where you can play and you are not a burden on your team even if you are a bad player; a game mode where stats truly does not mean anything and it's call co-op. You have an alternative to play your game your way and enjoy your hobby that wouldn't make you a burden on anyone else in competitive PvP, but you choose to be a burden anyways by insisting on bringing your 45% WR game into competitive PvP and choose not to improve; that combination is what makes you selfish. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's pretty easy to "activate" competitive feelings in a competitive game. 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/competition

Every battle has a winning team and a losing team. It is, by definition, a competition. 

My stats are like a golf score card. What matters to me is that I continue to improve or expand my skill set. 

I enjoyed the OP as a sarcastic commentary. However, the "this is just a game who cares" mentality is just as annoying as the Unicum who deleted my T7 French cruiser last night, jeered at me, then started bragging about his wonderful stats along with crude insults. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/competition

Every battle has a winning team and a losing team. It is, by definition, a competition. 

My stats are like a golf score card. What matters to me is that I continue to improve or expand my skill set. 

I enjoyed the OP as a sarcastic commentary. However, the "this is just a game who cares" mentality is just as annoying as the Unicum who deleted my T7 French cruiser last night, jeered at me, then started bragging about his wonderful stats along with crude insults. 

Agreed. Both ends of the spectrum are equally annoying. 

Agreed. Both ends of the spectrum are equally annoying.

Although, I find the elite end of the spectrum to be slightly more annoying considering they should know better.

Although, I find the elite end of the spectrum to be slightly more annoying considering they should know better.

That's understandable. 

Being a gym guy, if someone could squat more than me and took every opportunity to remind me of it, I'd get pretty pissed. Same thing applies here. It's a bad look.... although I really think only a small percentage of the "elite" are actually elitists. At least that's been my experience with [-K-] Kraken. It's a collection of very good but very chill guys. 

Just like in WoT - stats mean nothing.

They don't block shots, they don't make shots hit/miss, they don't start/extinguish fires and they don't start/stop flooding.

Play the game in whatever way makes you happy; if others play for different reasons you do, getting all hurt about it only further reduces your enjoyment.

It's a game, Francis -- lighten up.

Healthcare, actually, but I had a B. Phil before that. I'm not smart enough for a STEM field.

Those bedpans don't empty themselves, someone has to do it.

Quality crappost my friend. Yes lots of elitist jerks take stats waaaaay to seriously. Jokes on them because they are the ones that stress out and get salty. If anyone is trying to be a WoWS pro and make a living that way, WG doesn't care about that or you. lol You'd be better off play another game with a company that cares about "pro's."

Just like in WoT - stats mean nothing.

They don't block shots, they don't make shots hit/miss, they don't start/extinguish fires and they don't start/stop flooding.

Play the game in whatever way makes you happy; 

It's a game, Francis -- lighten up.

You're putting the cart before the horse. Stats are a reflection of how well you, on average, can make shots, tank, cause effective fires/floodings, etc.

I agree with the viewpoint "have fun." However, you must also recognize that flaunting the fact that you don't want to learn how to play better can be annoying to others. Especially if you've got a crappy attitude on top of that. Imagine playing a game of basketball with a bunch of random dudes. Some of them might suck, and that's okay! But how would you feel about a guy that sucks, and keeps laughingly saying "Piss off, if I want to keep throwing the ball over the fence that's fine! It's only a game, chill out!"

I know that I would be irritated by that person. 

Someone certainly has to. I'm sure even you could do it, if that lucrative pizza hut job of yours doesn't 'pan' out. Actually, no, there's no way you could even get certified to work at a hospital. You'd get all triggered by the complicated words on the exam. Edited by Azemboz

That's understandable. 

Being a gym guy, if someone could squat more than me and took every opportunity to remind me of it, I'd get pretty pissed. Same thing applies here. It's a bad look.... although I really think only a small percentage of the "elite" are actually elitists. At least that's been my experience with [-K-] Kraken. It's a collection of very good but very chill guys. 

Honestly, judging from what I'm seeing on the forums, people that harras and belittle others over stats tend to be poor players. This thread (heck, even the last page alone!) are a good example of that. 

Honestly, judging from what I'm seeing on the forums, people that harras and belittle others over stats tend to be poor players. This thread (heck, even the last page alone!) are a good example of that. 

Good stats do not massive jerks make. Most of the unicums I've interacted with have been quite nice, and committed towards making the game better. Most of them are more than willing to lend a helping hand or give some advice.

The only one's who lord their stats over others aren't doing it because of the stats or anything, they're doing it because they're already an [edited].   

Ok, it was bad enough when he jabbed at working a pizza counter, now you're dissing nurses? 

So now it escalates, and somehow being an aerospace engineer will somehow be insult worthy?

Oh, I don't think I missed anything.

Exactly.  And that's the problem.

Good stats do not massive jerks make. Most of the unicums I've interacted with have been quite nice, and committed towards making the game better. Most of them are more than willing to lend a helping hand or give some advice.

The only one's who lord their stats over others aren't doing it because of the stats or anything, they're doing it because they're already an [edited].   

Exactly. There's probably plenty of good/great players that are only heard from by their friends on TS.

Just as there are probably lots of bad players who don't complain about the game mechanics.

You're putting the cart before the horse. Stats are a reflection of how well you, on average, can make shots, tank, cause effective fires/floodings, etc.

I agree with the viewpoint "have fun." However, you must also recognize that flaunting the fact that you don't want to learn how to play better can be annoying to others. Especially if you've got a crappy attitude on top of that. Imagine playing a game of basketball with a bunch of random dudes. Some of them might suck, and that's okay! But how would you feel about a guy that sucks, and keeps laughingly saying "Piss off, if I want to keep throwing the ball over the fence that's fine! It's only a game, chill out!"

I know that I would be irritated by that person. 

Exactly.  They are a measure of how well you do; they do not help you do well, and do not mean you -will- do well.

Telling people to have fun in no way says a thing about -my- desire to improve at the game; as far as that goes, I think I've done pretty OK.

How -you- play the game and what motivates -you- to play that way means nothing to -me- and so long as you do not actively try to lose or impede me, I don't care what you do or why you do it. 

Edited by sPzAbt505

Someone certainly has to. I'm sure even you could do it, if that lucrative pizza hut job of yours doesn't 'pan' out. Actually, no, there's no way you could even get certified to work at a hospital. You'd get all triggered by the complicated words on the exam.

You are really quite the bumptious buffoon.

I'm sorry that you failed to learn anything at all from this tumor of a thread.