Zeus_cat

Foul language in chat - seems to be getting worse

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

126 posts in this topic

Last night I was in  battle and our side was not doing well.  One guy just started berating the team.  "****[edited]", F-bomb this, f-bomb that.  ***holes, even "Jesus ****ing Christ", etc.  Then one or two more guys started in.  Then one of the enemy team joined in.  Good grief people, its a game.  A game kids might be playing.  And even if it is just adults, that kind of language serves no purpose.  Do you think people started playing better after that tirade???

And yes, I reported him for poor behavior in chat.  I'm not sure that does anything.

Don't expect much. If it was that bad, it's been suggested to send a ticket with the replay.

Tickets help a good deal... print screen(s), open and file a ticket. I have no doubt they are reviewed and dealt with appropriately. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

After seven straight losses in my Fletcher last night, I very possibly was the one you are referring to.  I know f-bombs were dropped, as were some JFCs.

Do not regret in the slightest, made me feel better.  Grow thicker skin.  sticks n stones, etc.

Edited by crzyhawk

Last night I was in  battle and our side was not doing well.  One guy just started berating the team.  "****[edited]", F-bomb this, f-bomb that.  ***holes, even "Jesus ****ing Christ", etc.  Then one or two more guys started in.  Then one of the enemy team joined in.  Good grief people, its a game.  A game kids might be playing.  And even if it is just adults, that kind of language serves no purpose.  Do you think people started playing better after that tirade???

And yes, I reported him for poor behavior in chat.  I'm not sure that does anything.

Because kids don't use that kind of language, right?

Welcome to the internet, Zeus.

After seven straight losses in my Fletcher last night, I very possibly was the one you are referring to.  I know f-bombs were dropped, as were some JFCs.

Do not regret in the slightest, made me feel better.  Grow thicker skin.  sticks n stones, etc.

Unnecessary words, and you want people to put up with your childlike public fit. It shows the kind of person you are with little control. 

Unnecessary words, and you want people to put up with your childlike public fit. It shows the kind of person you are with little control. 

<3 <3 <3

Sometimes it's just out of habit. I've caught myself swearing a few times while performing traffic stops(not in front of minors). Never had a formal complaint brought up about it though.

People can talk how they want. The notion that some words are inherently bad always sounded dumb to me.

P.S. there's a "mute player" button in the client.

Edited by Azemboz

People can talk how they want. The notion that some words are inherently bad always sounded dumb to me.

P.S. there's a "mute player" button in the client.

The ideas behind the words are vulgar, excessive, and disgusting and they have no place in normal conversation. That's the short version. Edited by Hiroe

And here's the funny bit, it doesn't make one iota of difference to the result if someone goes mega potty mouth in chat. All it does is convince the originator that they cannot be responsible for anything and are themselves above reproach in everything they do. Except for self control or perspective.....

Dude. If someone cusses, especially at you, don't take it personally. I use cuss words, but try not to go f__king crazy with them.

You're a (beep) (beep)in' no (beep) (beep)in' (beep) (beep)!

Couldn't resist and yes chat gets out of hand sometimes. Not much you can do other than block those that you don't want to hear from.

The ideas behind the words are vulgar, excessive, and disgusting and have no place in normal conversation. That's the short version.

So?

You and others like you are not the morality police (and thank the void for that). You don't have the authority to make such a judgement.

Edited by Goodwood_Alpha

The ideas behind the words are vulgar, excessive, and disgusting and have no place in normal conversation. That's the short version.

And that would be the case in a formal environment, which this isn't.

So?

You and others like you are not the morality police (and thank the void for that). You don't have the authority to make such a judgement.

It's about standards, decency, and self-control, not morality. It's true that people are free to behave like animals - to an extent, at least. It's only sad that that's what they decide to do. Of course, it will always be more pleasant to spend time with and more generally be in the presence of those who choose to behave decently.

And that would be the case in a formal environment, which this isn't.

Excess and vulgarity don't suddenly become preferable outside of the formal environment.

There isn't much you can do about people lacking maturity. Simply report them and sail on

I was taught vulgar language indicates an individuals word well has run dry. Lacking the necessary ammo, they load blanks.