Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdmiralHattori

Am I the Only One Getting Reported For Playing CV?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

38 posts in this topic

If there was one class of ship that I get reported the most for playing, it would be CV. Of course the report/karma system doesn't really affect me unless I abuse the chat but I find that I get reported by my team for being outclassed by enemy CV/AA or doing too well against my adversaries. I'm always out there doing the world a favor like helping the Iowa lower her citadel 10 feet under the water with my trusty torpedoes or provide news' coverage of a high speed destroyer chase.

In all seriousness, WG got to pick up the pace with reworking CVs...

Honestly, I didn't know it was a felony for sinking warships with a CV.

Just enjoy making all the nerds rage that they got sunk.

well. now you know. it is a felony. :trollface:

in seriousness though, just feast on the tears. it's good eats. just don't respond to their hate bait.

I do report Air Superiority CV's quite often for "plays poorly". Strike CV players are generally better players. Just simple statistics. 

If you did the best to your ability in a match, don't sweat the reports. I get reported in my CV, but I am not 100% sure why. Maybe salty teammates that think I can race my fighters across the map to save them in less than a second? :)

I actually get the most upvotes in my CV's. But I play AS on all my carriers, so the team loves the spotting and not having to worry as much about strike carriers.

I do report Air Superiority CV's quite often for "plays poorly". Strike CV players are generally better players. Just simple statistics. 

he's right you know, there's sky cancer.....and then there's "sky cancer"!:yes_cap:

I report CVs on my team that play poorly, but it is silly to report an enemy just because they sunk you. The biggest problem with the game is that CVs are so instrumental (especially at higher tiers) than having a potato CV on your team (when the enemy has a good player) generally means that you are going to lose, regardless of how well you do. 

It can get frustrating, and so I understand why someone would get salty. Here is hoping that WG can somehow fix the imbalance in CV play but I doubt it.

If there was one class of ship that I get reported the most for playing, it would be CV. Of course the report/karma system doesn't really affect me unless I abuse the chat but I find that I get reported by my team for being outclassed by enemy CV/AA or doing too well against my adversaries. I'm always out there doing the world a favor like helping the Iowa lower her citadel 10 feet under the water with my trusty torpedoes or provide news' coverage of a high speed destroyer chase.

People report you just for making it through queue.

Enemy CV parks on top of me for half the match while im in a DD? I never considered reporting until now. :teethhappy:

If you think about it, everyone can see what a CV is doing the whole battle. It makes sense for that ship type to be complimented/reported more often

Edited by Wulfgarn

I find I'm usually the opposite, because those strike CV players don't do **** to help protect their team.  I find them useless stat buffers who don't do much and most times end up at the bottom because their planes were blown out of the sky in useless attacks against strong AA ships.

I'll report a AS CV if they circle their fighters over their CV and don't do anything.

I find I'm usually the opposite, because those strike CV players don't do **** to help protect their team.  I find them useless stat buffers who don't do much and most times end up at the bottom because their planes were blown out of the sky in useless attacks against strong AA ships.

I'll report a AS CV if they circle their fighters over their CV and don't do anything.

Unfortunatley, double edged sword. As a CV player, matches where I run AS it's either redundant (out tiered so often it's frustrating) because of insanely OP AA or I eviscerate the enemy planes, but still lose because I can't do enough damage with DB's. I run strike, well, that's where most of my win% comes in them and, because I'm out tiered often meaning AA obliterates my planes unless the RNG gods deem my enemy unworthy, I need the extra freaking planes just to not be useless inside of 5-10 minutes. And that's not going Full Potato and attacking groups or cruisers, that's attacking solo BB's and destroyers.

To the OP - You either have to be like, as the CinemaSins guys would say "like a Ghostbusters demon, hate only makes us (or in this case you) stronger"

This guy :

394.jpg

Or some combination of both... preferably both.

I've seen people say they're reporting their team's USN CV simply because they were up against an IJN CV and therefore the team will lose.

While their team did lose, it wasn't because of their CV, more so in spite of their CV.

I've seen people say they're reporting their team's USN CV simply because they were up against an IJN CV and therefore the team will lose.

While their team did lose, it wasn't because of their CV, more so in spite of their CV.

There are people who will outright teamkill a USN CV on sight if there's an IJN CV on the other team at high-tiers, and people who will kill IJN CVs on sight, period.  It's utterly ridiculous how little respect players of that class get, especially nowadays.

Edited by TenguBlade

There are people who will outright teamkill a USN CV on sight if there's an IJN CV on the other team at high-tiers, and people who will kill IJN CVs on sight, period.  It's utterly ridiculous how little respect players of that class get, especially nowadays.

Tengublade isn't lying has happened to me alot.  

shot-16.06.29_13.09.48-0394_zpsisyyyn3q.

Guess whats LET ME link you a video MY CV > YOUR SHIP GET THAT EMBEDDED IN YOUR BRAIN  

If people are salty about your CV, congrats.  You not only did your job, but you did it well and did your part for the team.

Just helped win a match in my AS Ranger, got damage when I could vs another strike Ranger, our DD capping, enemy sending waves of DBs at him and he was low health, the enemy CV never touched him. 46,949 damage and burned a Bayern, don't underestimate AS loads, they can spot, pester DDs, spot torps, and deny an area from strikes, while that damage is low I earned second place due to the spotting and air area denial.  IJN however, by all means, strike that baby up, it's what they do best. Love it or hate it, is what it is at the moment and you shouldn't report someone for playing what they think is best suited to them or their play style.

Personally I like giving fighter cover, not a huge fan of TB squads, that's what the IJN CVs are for, US I like being "sky cancer 2.0." Not being a CV Main perhaps you can say "it's easy mode" but I enjoy doing it in my ranger and strike makes me frustrated more then satisfied so whatever :P

If people are salty about your CV, congrats.  You not only did your job, but you did it well and did your part for the team.

Disagree, although I wasn't even aware this was possible within my viewpoints until today.  I got really mad at a Shokaku because he threw his entire air wing, fighters included, at a Des Moines in an attempt to kill him.  Fool gave him a free Clear Sky and 56 plane kills - the DM lived and ended the match with ~35000 HP, a Kraken in addition to the Clear Sky, and over 3000 base XP.  Not to mention the enemy Lexington actually managed to snipe our Shokaku and still do damage on the side.

Edited by TenguBlade

Disagree, although I wasn't even aware this was possible within my viewpoints until today.  I got really mad at a Shokaku because he threw his entire air wing, fighters included, at a Des Moines in an attempt to kill him.  Fool gave him a free Clear Sky and 56 plane kills - the DM lived and ended the match with ~35000 HP, a Kraken in addition to the Clear Sky, and over 3000 base XP.  Not to mention the enemy Lexington actually managed to snipe our Shokaku and still do damage on the side.

Getting mad at stupid people for being stupid is like getting mad at water for being wet.  

I have been noticing a huge increase in the number of "Wow" bad CV players.  One I even tried to explain that at T7 he needs to learn to strafe and he responded with something to the effect of "They removed Strafe noob".  As he was getting strafed left and right, oh sure RNG has you losing multiple squadrons at once because "Reasons".

I have been noticing a huge increase in the number of "Wow" bad CV players.  One I even tried to explain that at T7 he needs to learn to strafe and he responded with something to the effect of "They removed Strafe noob".  As he was getting strafed left and right, oh sure RNG has you losing multiple squadrons at once because "Reasons".

This thread is for you.  I promise you, you will absolutely L-O-V-E it.

This.  I like team playing AS CVs on my team.  Strike gets a report nearly every time I see them.

CV players need to learn and accept:  you are hated by your own team and the other one.

Edited by crzyhawk

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0