evilleMonkeigh

Bad Stats does not Mean a Bad Player: Having Fun in WoWs

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

145 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I hope you are not stats shaming. If so, begone from this thread!

Remember:

I'm practicing in co-op before I unleash my Hakuryu on the unsuspecting world!

Win rate, kills and damage are meaningless, due to RNG and MM - I contribute in other ways and have fun doing it.

This is the best troll thread thus far.  Well played Monkeigh Edited by bfk_ferlyfe

Win rate is relative.  If the best players in the world in ship X can manage a solo win rate of (fake number, just using as an example) 67%, then you now have a measuring stick.  I ignore division play because I don't have a clan and it is harder when you don't have teammates you can rely on, but it is for sure not meaningless.  I want to know what that guy/girl is doing that I am not, and see if there are skills or tips I can pick up.

Other people's opinions about how you as an individual are playing don't matter insofar as how you should view your own play.  However, you shouldn't discount the usefulness of statistics simply because some tool is measuring their EPEEN and trying to make themselves feel superior to you because of it.  Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

This scrub hasn't tried CVs once, ducks the hardest part of the game, and is very likely a rerolled (name changed) account.

Every part of the game is the hard part to you. You calling other players a scrub? Are you serious? 80% of the playerbase could drag you around by the hair in any ship class.

I hope you are not stats shaming. If so, begone from this thread!

Remember:

I'm practicing in co-op before I unleash my Hakuryu on the unsuspecting world!

Win rate, kills and damage are meaningless, due to RNG and MM - I contribute in other ways and have fun doing it.

Stat shaming? No. Just pointing out that you're a fraud. Edited by _Caliph_

Every part of the game is the hard part to you. You calling other players a scrub? Are you serious? 80% of the playerbase could drag you around by the hair in any ship class.

Nothing about this game is hard. I'm just not one that spends every game in the most optimal ship and position hoping to improve their stats so i'll be recognized by others on the forum. I do what's fun at that moment.

You're almost as bad as the guy who asked for a program to recognize famous players.

As you can see by the sig within the last week simply not playing CVs makes the color change. If I wanted your stats i'd simply stay in Kagero until they were purple. Or any number of other optimal ships that I own. But I don't need too. Because unlike you i'm not miserable enough in life to need praise from the forums or validate my worth by a crummy little generic signature.

Here's what you people need to know about stats and their importance.

When you wake up in the morning and login for your first game, if you were a low life loser when you signed on, even if you play unicum all day, when you unplug you're still just a low life loser with good stats in an obscure video game.

When you wake up in the morning and login for your first game, if you were a good person rich in family and life when you signed on, even if you play horrible all day, when you unplug you're still a good person rich in family and life with bad stats in an obscure video game.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Edited by _Caliph_

This scrub hasn't tried CVs once, ducks the hardest part of the game, and is very likely a rerolled (name changed) account.

i dont play CVs because i dont like their play style and they would cause me stress with how much they're relied on, does that make me a scrub too?

i dont play CVs because i dont like their play style and they would cause me stress with how much they're relied on, does that make me a scrub too?

Of course not.  But if you do,do not feel pressured by stats. You are not responsible for your stats as carriers are the biggest RNG fest. It's OK to have a 30% WR in a Harakuryu - you are actually contributing to the team in other ways.   Caliph is a great example of a player who has liberated himself from stats.   

I'd like to commend him as he will proves to many how little stats bother him, as he regularly posts in every stats thread. He will no doubt convert many others to the One True Way of playing.  He follows many of the precepts from this thread, although he does not realise what he calls "re-rolls" are in fact weeabo hackers.

Your opinion is equally valid as any other player.  Any time a player refers to your stats to dispute your tactics/loadouts on the forums, he is trolling and making a personal attack.  His 70% win rate does not mean he knows more about the game mechanics.   In fact your opinion is MORE valid as you probably represent the average player who is having fun.

Furthermore, it is important to often start topics explaining why stats are unimportant to you. Constantly posting on threads with stat references will help other players see the light and everyone will truly know how little your low stats bother you.  If a player asks for help, tell them relax and ignore the stats and just have fun. 

Brother Caliph  is a shining example to us all.

Stat shaming? No. Just pointing out that you're a fraud.

you know, the last time you started posting about stats and stuff I was "NICE".... you keep saying things like this to better players, I might start putting up comments about stats... but stat shaming is against the rules....

Maybe you should "RE_roll"

instead of insulting someone better than you...

Edited by pmgaudio

Of course not.  But if you do,do not feel pressured by stats. You are not responsible for your stats as carriers are the biggest RNG fest. It's OK to have a 30% WR in a Harakuryu - you are actually contributing to the team in other ways.   Caliph is a great example of a player who has liberated himself from stats.   

I'd like to commend him as he will proves to many how little stats bother him, as he regularly posts in every stats thread. He will no doubt convert many others to the One True Way of playing.  He follows many of the precepts from this thread, although he does not realise what he calls "re-rolls" are in fact weeabo hackers.

I am actually finding it hysterical that he is blaming his stats on laying CVs....

I know a LOT of CV players that have 65% plus stats...

No I'm coming after you because you're a fraudulent hypocrite. And I'm going to remind you of it every time you open your mouth about stats.  If stats matter then get your time in on CVs and show us how you actually play in all situations so everyone gets to judge you based on your full game ability like you want to do to others. I don't claim to be the best. I don't even try. I can give credit where credit is due. And you're due none. Because you don't play all of WoWs you play the easier parts. Edited by _Caliph_

you know, the last time you started posting about stats and stuff I was "NICE".... you keep saying things like this to better players, I might start putting up comments about stats... but stat shaming is against the rules....

Maybe you should "RE_roll"

instead of insulting someone better than you...

Hey dude listen. You pathetic sock puppet. I don't give three "f" about your opinion. If you want to interject yourself into the argument to win cool points with them be my guest. I'll add you to ignore and you can jerk them off at your leisure. If you do a good job they might acknowledge you later on in a "who have you seen thread". Maybe they'll let you join their clan too. Aim high bro. Edited by _Caliph_

Hey dude listen. You pathetic sock puppet. I don't give three "f" about your opinion. If you want to interject yourself into the argument to win cool points with them be my guest. I'll add you to ignore and you can jerk them off at your leisure. If you do a good job they might acknowledge you later on in a "who have you seen thread". Maybe they'll let you join their clan too. Aim high bro.

KxIfQ2x.gif

No I'm coming after you because you're a fraudulent hypocrite. And I'm going to remind you of it every time you open your mouth about stats.  If stats matter then get your time in on CVs and show us how you actually play in all situations so everyone gets to judge you based on your full game ability like you want to do to others. I don't claim to be the best. I don't even try. I can give credit where credit is due. And you're due none. Because you don't play all of WoWs you play the easier parts.

so wait, playing CVs is hard???

I don't LIKE them all too much.. I started playing them ONLY because some combat missions require CVs...

NOT playing CVs is not EASY MODE...

YOU need to stop blaming CV play for your stats being what they are.. (THAT seems to be your theme in this and all stat threads as of late) NOT to mention insults, so enjoy that part of your vacation...

As for you calling people frauds, perhaps you should look in the mirror...

I have already stated that there are some very AMAZING CV players... I just do not find them as interesting to play... it is not HARD, just not interesting..

Maybe you should work on your CV play instead of telling people they are FRAUDS because they don't play CVs, oh,, and STOP BEING A [edited]and insulting people.... especially those that are better simply because they are better, even on cruisers and BBs and DDs.... still better...

YOU turned this into a stat shaming/blaming thread,,, and you should feel badly about that..

Nothing about this game is hard. I'm just not one that spends every game in the most optimal ship and position hoping to improve their stats so i'll be recognized by others on the forum. I do what's fun at that moment.

You're almost as bad as the guy who asked for a program to recognize famous players.

As you can see by the sig within the last week simply not playing CVs makes the color change. If I wanted your stats i'd simply stay in Kagero until they were purple. Or any number of other optimal ships that I own. But I don't need too. Because unlike you i'm not miserable enough in life to need praise from the forums or validate my worth by a crummy little generic signature.

When you wake up in the morning and login for your first game, if you were a low life loser when you signed on, even if you play unicum all day, when you unplug you're still just a low life loser with good stats in an obscure video game.

When you wake up in the morning and login for your first game, if you were a good person rich in family and life when you signed on, even if you play horrible all day, when you unplug you're still a good person rich in family and life with bad stats in an obscure video game.

but what if you are both.... a bad player that is a good family guy, AND an insulting jerk who calls people out for things they know nothing about???

there are MORE people who are not unicums, that have worse attitudes than a lot of them....hint hint

Please calm yourselves.  This thread is a safe space to celebrate having fun in WoWs without being driven by stats, by people who have ascended beyond them.

No stats shaming allowed.  Remember there are no bad players - just bad MM, RNG, and weekend teams.

Please calm yourselves.  This thread is a safe space to celebrate having fun in WoWs without being driven by stats, by people who have ascended beyond them.

No stats shaming allowed.  Remember there are no bad players - just bad MM, RNG, and weekend teams.

I come across bad players everyday.

No, this entire game is a struggle for you. You are in the very bottom brackets for average performance, and it's because basic game mechanics are still a mystery to you desire thousands of battles played. In another thread, Kalashnikat wized up, and I gave him props because props were due. Why can't you wise up too, boy?

I have played damn near ever single ship in the game at this point, with the exception being the newest lines, such as German DD's and French cruisers. I don't have any sort of criteria when selecting a ship to play other than "have I gotten my bonus multiplier in this today yet?"

However, I chose my positioning on the map to optimize my chances to *win* the match for my team, because *winning* is the goal.

I have never received praise on this forum, and never asked for it. It sounds like you're projecting your own fear of inadequacy there.

You bring up real-life a lot. No one else really does that. It makes you look crazy.

You could play nothing but the kagero every single match for a year and I would still be able to play with you like you were food before I held you down and [edited] you. Do you know why? Because you scapegoat instead of improving.

This game has nothing to do with my real life other than I spend a couple hours a day playing it. It really is insane how much you focus on it. 

No, this entire game is a struggle for you. You are in the very bottom brackets for average performance, and it's because basic game mechanics are still a mystery to you desire thousands of battles played. In another thread, Kalashnikat wized up, and I gave him props because props were due. Why can't you wise up too, boy?

I have played damn near ever single ship in the game at this point, with the exception being the newest lines, such as German DD's and French cruisers. I don't have any sort of criteria when selecting a ship to play other than "have I gotten my bonus multiplier in this today yet?"

However, I chose my positioning on the map to optimize my chances to *win* the match for my team, because *winning* is the goal.

I have never received praise on this forum, and never asked for it. It sounds like you're projecting your own fear of inadequacy there.

You bring up real-life a lot. No one else really does that. It makes you look crazy.

You could play nothing but the kagero every single match for a year and I would still be able to play with you like you were food before I held you down and [edited] you. Do you know why? Because you scapegoat instead of improving.

This game has nothing to do with my real life other than I spend a couple hours a day playing it. It really is insane how much you focus on it. 

this guy