evilleMonkeigh

Bad Stats does not Mean a Bad Player: Having Fun in WoWs

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

145 posts in this topic

Always read before you jump. 

I did. But with the amount of people who have been posting stuff like this seriously, it took a while to realize that this particular OP isn't the type.  

I did. But with the amount of people who have been posting stuff like this seriously, it took a while to realize that this particular OP isn't the type.  

Its what makes it a great troll thread, it actually seems legit. I like these kind of trolls, the ones like Mr_alex and kyogre are not funny.

Also you dont get to laugh at people who get tricked :teethhappy:

River, if it makes you feel better, I agree with your points on the first page.  There are significant and useful reasons to keep stats shown and it has nothing at all to do with allowing other players to judge your play.  Frankly, the fact that people allow some random unknown person represented by only a username to get under their skin by using their stats against them, is as preposterous as it sounds.  The magic bullet here is to simply ignore those players and realize that they are just as frustrated as you are at how the game is going for them.  

Leaving your stats visible though allows you to utilize MANY of the stat webpages out there to look at your stat trends.  Maybe you've decided to change how you play a certain class.  How do you track that with the in game stats provided by WG?  You don't, at least not easily, but you can easily do this on warships.today.

In fact this was a key point to this video:

edit: never post tired, kids..

upon further inspection.. i should have caught the troll smell when i entered the thread.

very well done, too. i'll admit, you got me. tired me. but me nonetheless.

Just troll the responses instead.....:trollface:

Troll post though this may be... you gotta admit... it's very well written. Smooth and well-flowing, correct use of grammar and punctuation, and excellent use of paragraphs and spacing. :happy_fish:

Troll post though this may be... you gotta admit... it's very well written. Smooth and well-flowing, correct use of grammar and punctuation, and excellent use of paragraphs and spacing. :happy_fish:

It has my approval. 

Wasn't sure this was bait until OP overplayed the "play 4 funz!!1!!1111!" angle. Then it became low quality bait and I was sad. :(

This is the most elaborate (and LONGEST) troll post I've ever seen. 

It's a lot better than most trolling, but he doesn't toe the line between believable and absurd well enough for it to be more deeply interesting.

​this saddens me. I have worked long and hard on long, elaborate posts, and was directly quoted on several of the OPs major points. even sadder, most of the responses indicated nobody figured out most of mine were troll posts. one of the reasons I write long, elaborate posts is because it's way more fun than playing lately. perhaps I shall go back to the grind with a vengeance, and SLT.

God no, do not send the idiots my way, please.

I'll trade ya... I'll take the bots you play against in coop as my teammates, you can play against the idiots I want off my teams.

I think we'll both be happy with the results of that trade.

It's a lot better than most trolling, but he doesn't toe the line between believable and absurd well enough for it to be more deeply interesting.

Like you're a f*cking troll post connoisseur. "Hmm, this badposting has a pleasant fruity accent but the legs are a little dry for my liking."

Like you're a troll post connoisseur. "Hmm, this badposting has a pleasant fruity accent but the legs are a little dry for my liking."

I only said it because it's true!

It's too bad I find blowing up ships and winning games fun.  If I didn't I may find myself playing games like the complete potato I always wanted to be. 

I'll trade ya... I'll take the bots you play against in coop as my teammates, you can play against the idiots I want off my teams.

I think we'll both be happy with the results of that trade.

God please no, I'd rather take these bots, they are smarter than the average PVP idiot. 

Likewise, don't be a sheep with modules and loadouts - think how many players do not put Survivability Expert on their BB - they do not understand basic math - more HP > less HP. They just follow "the meta" blindly parroting what some Youtuber says. Unconventional builds show you are a independent thinker.

You lost me here...

Good Players can have Bad Stats; Having Fun > Winning

Play for fun.  Do not play for victory. Winning is not fun - it is an illusion.

First of all: You can be a good player despite a 42% win rate: it is meaningless, due to RNG, MM and team mates.   It is OK to do half the average damage in a ship - you are contributing in other ways.

Stopped reading right here,   Good god, the Liberal Hug everyone get a participation trophy mentality is just insane.

You can play just for fun.  but  being bad means you are bad regardless if you are having fun or not.    If I put you up to the plate and all you do is strike out time after time,  you are BAD at batting.   If you throw Ball after Ball and walk every batter, you are BAD at pitching.    You can't sugar coat this and have a happy feel good ending.  if you are BAD you are BAD.

Do not listen to advice from stat padders.  Play it your way.  Have your own fun - don't be a sheep -  (or a lemming) - fighting solo is honourable. Ignore the odds.  Anyone who will not follow you onto a cap is a coward.  Feel free to explore the islands at the back of the map - it's only a game, after all! Don't let anyone stop you from having fun.

Anyone having Goth flashbacks from South Park here ?        

Evil Genius I say!

Boy oh boy you are more trollish than German Turtleback armor or high as an Iowa's cits, until you want to play to win stay at the low tiers(1-3) or co-op....

Play for fun.  Do not play for victory. Winning is not fun - it is an illusion.

Wow.... that is a defeatist attitude if I have ever seen one.

This is a competitive game. The ONLY point to play this game is to defeat the team you have been pitted against. I have plenty of non-competitive multiplayer and single player titles that do not involve defeating a team as the main objective of playing, ask me if you are interested. 

I do not enjoy having players with no desire to win on my team, but, there is nothing I can do about it without looking like a complete and total elitist [edited].

Let me put it in a way you may be able to understand. First person shooters that have a kill cam.

A worse performance means that you are going to be dying more. Dying more means you are going to be spending more / most of your game watching kill cams.

Is it more fun to:

A) Be out there, capping flags and killing reds, or

B) Watching the kill cam and checking out the loadout screen?

Sure it doesn't.

It just means that you are a useless turd who really sucks at WoWS.

If you're having fun sucking at things you try and fail at badly, more power to you! I suggest you pick up some contact sport like basketball or football, it will do wonders for your popularity.

The goal of this game is to win.  Any stat other than win rate is secondary.

While you may not care to play to win, win rate is a very good indicator of how well you play.  The only exception would be if a good player were playing poorly on purpose.