Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise

Game no longer fun; putting my wallet away

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

111 posts in this topic

is cheating a forum contest bannable?

No clue. Devs and mods don't talk about punishments and it's also bannable to discuss/state a punishment given to you by the mods. It's a strike if you state why you were given a strike for anything and state your punishment on here(likenif you were given a 1 day or 3 day strike). Still doesn't stop some people from doing it though.

Edited by renegadestatuz

I expect and will accept being deleted at 8-9km showing broadside, but 17km citadels are stupid. They promote a passive playstyle. I spend half my games in concealment rather than firing. Low tier games are much more fun, and the ships are nice, but I'm done until these things get fixed.

Would you be ok if the only way you can set me on fire is if I'm 8km away and showing broadside? Would you be willing to make that compromise?

Hello everyone:

After being really excited for the French cruiser line, and getting up to the Tier 8 Charles Martel, I have found the game really stinks anymore. Battleships are MUCH too accurate at long ranges, no matter how much I manuver I get beaten for half my health in one volley, it sucks. Battleship sigma needs to be massively nerfed at range. I expect and will accept being deleted at 8-9km showing broadside, but 17km citadels are stupid. They promote a passive playstyle. I spend half my games in concealment rather than firing. Low tier games are much more fun, and the ships are nice, but I'm done until these things get fixed.

I'll start believing you once long range HE and fires are nerfed, then come back here. Hey, you ask for nerfs on a class, then the class that's getting nerfs will also ask for some :)

Your doing it wrong mate. Probably getting to agressive at the wrong times. Lack of map awareness. 17km for any bb is not guaranteed a citadel. Remember frenchies are tissue paper armor. Stay moving and burn witches.

Your not going to be god every game. Ignore stats because this feels very stats driven.

Lol he went the hacks route. Lol did he really just say that? Welp his entire post is invalid now. Its amazing how people come up with this crap. Of course its everything but him. lmbo.

Oh and wg isnt fixing anything about frenchies armor.

Edited by Mackdi

OK, just checker OP's stats. Just another cruiser main asking for nerfs to BB's because he can't WASD. Now it all makes sense http://i.imgur.com/a9PTXfg.png

Tengu:

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km. I even waffled between concealment mod and rudder shift. Even a six-second rudder shift and pre-manuvering results in deletion. I think alot of this is people using aim-mods which show direction the ship WILL manuver, and they can pre-aim. Again, its just not fun. Even a 17.6km range isn't enough to start shooting when I know the battleship can turn his guns are massacre me then go about his business.

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharnhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling upward as range closes.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

Lol you don't want to go down the "historical accuracy" path.  BBs would get a lot more maneuverable, a lot tougher, and would have secondaries that reached out to 16km!

is cheating a forum contest bannable?

Not that I know of although rigging a match with members of the enemy team should be. 

Lol you don't want to go down the "historical accuracy" path.  BBs would get a lot more maneuverable, a lot tougher, and would have secondaries that reached out to 16km!

you mean a lot less maneucreable and a lot less tougher, potentially dying from 1 torp and needing like half an hour to begin moving

You can potentially die from one torp already if you get an unlucky flooding. I'd take the secondaries that can reach out to 18,000 yards.