Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise

Game no longer fun; putting my wallet away

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

111 posts in this topic

You don't care about anything or anyone cave, that's the point. Let alone that lady in your avatar give a  $#*@ about you 

captain-kirk-neil-degrasse-tyson-bad-ass

I use both, trying dodging a tight BB spread at 17km with BOTH skills and rudder shift mod. Won't help, TBQH.

That about sums it up, even in a DD a BB can take 75% of my health well past 17k no matter what I do.

Take that tinfoil hat off, youre on tilt. Take a break from the game and come back.  As a German BB main I would like to know where this accuracy is at 19km.

i'm not tin-foiling. WG loves to point out how many cheaters they up and banned. It happens. You can deny it happens all you want, but the day man became competitive, was the day cheating began. It happens in EVERY single game I have ever played. Board games, computer games, whatever. Being server-side doesn't prevent illegal modding or hacking.

Its in our nature to cheat. Period.

Edited by Fox_Cruiser_Algerie

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharnhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling upward as range closes.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

So then, you want battleships to have historical accuracy, but you also want cruisers to hit whatever they want whenever they want.  Sounds legit.

i'm not tin-foiling. WG loves to point out how many cheaters they up and banned. It happens. You can deny it happens all you want, but the day man became competitive, was the day cheating began. It happens in EVERY single game I have ever played. Board games, computer games, whatever. Being server-side doesn't prevent illegal modding or hacking.

Its in our nature to cheat. Period.

Please explain to me how you hack a sever side game then please. You can't, while I'm sure there are mods out there that WG frowns upon the amount that actually use it are pretty slim. 

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km.

You should play some high-tier battleship, then speak on the matter.  Not trying to be rude, but statistically you don't have experience from the other side of the coin, whereas I have played both high-tier cruisers and battleships.  Higher accuracy means that drastic evasion maneuvers are more likely to result in misses, not less.  The shells' tighter groupings mean they cover less area, but if you're inside that area, you're more likely to get crushed.  French cruisers have one of the easiest times of performing radical evasive maneuvers: you guys have engine boost, which gives you something like a 250% acceleration increase.  Only UK CLs, which lose next to no speed in a turn, can compare with that kind of maneuverability edge.

If you're still getting clobbered, then it means you're dodging too predictably.  A lot of high-tier battleship drivers, myself included, have developed an ability to compensate quite accurately for basic evasive maneuvers like a turn away from the impact zone at full speed.  The question is: which one will we attempt to "read?"  Whether we are right or wrong in our prediction is up to the victim - more than one evasive option exists in many situations.  If that's not the case, then you got outplayed, and frustrating as it might be there's nothing you can do besides not fall into the trap next time.

Consider these two images:

bbMPGZc.jpg

vyAo2j5.jpg

The shells in the latter picture will hit at virtually the same location.  The shells in the former will spread out all over the place.  Which one is more likely to score a hit on some wildly-evading ship?

That about sums it up, even in a DD a BB can take 75% of my health well past 17k no matter what I do.

Have you considered at all why that might be the case?  Perhaps you're dodging too predictably?  I have yet to see a single DD driver who reacts to incoming fire in any way besides turning away at full speed without touching his throttle.  If it becomes a pattern, then I devise a punish: from there, it's a matter of RNGesus saying yes or no, not your skill.  Which is never a corner you want to back yourself into, because then you're gambling rather than playing the skill game.  Far be it from me to keep you from playing the game as you please, but the latter generally isn't a good way to go.

Edited by TenguBlade

Please explain to me how you hack a sever side game then please. You can't, while I'm sure there are mods out there that WG frowns upon the amount that actually use it are pretty slim. 

I thought the same thing until i started looking around.

I actually got warned not long ago when I posted a vid on one.

So then, you want battleships to have historical accuracy, but you also want cruisers to hit whatever they want whenever they want.  Sounds legit.

Nope. Witness the Solomons, where 6"-gunned cruisers pumped out thousands of shells and achieved......a couple hits in most scenarios. All I'm saying is sigma should be range-dependant, and it should be applied with an even hand across all the lines. No exceptions. Edited by Fox_Cruiser_Algerie

Not going to waste my time counting to answer such a stupid question, but if i need to link more...

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/120793-should-you-purchase-premium-ships/#topmost

It's stupid to think that a comparatively small handful of people "closing their wallets" to this game is going to force WG to bend to their wills. The only person getting hurt is yourself because you are missing out on some kick-a$$ premium ships with nothing to show for it.

McDonald's is not going to change their menu or go out of business just because one city in the entire country thinks that they shouldn't put pickles on any of their burgers and decides to boycott McDonald's until they make the appropriate changes.

Wargaming is not going to change the game just because a small handful of people don't like how the game is balanced. Newsflash! No matter what WG does, no matter who they cater to, there is always going to be a small handful of people unhappy with the game.

WG has access to more information than you do, they can see the whole picture while you can't even see half of it. It's petty to think that you know more about the balance situation of this game than the people who created and develop it. If WG sees that the game needs adjusting they will make appropriate adjustments.

Again, the only person you're hurting is yourself.

Edited by dseehafer

It's stupid to think that a comparatively small handful of people "closing their wallets" to this game is going to force WG to bend to their wills. The only person getting hurt is yourself because you are missing out on some kick-a$$ premium ships with nothing to show for it.

McDonald's is not going to change their menu or go out of business just because one city in the entire country thinks that they shouldn't put pickles on any of their burgers and decides to boycott McDonald's until they make the appropriate changes.

Wargaming is not going to change the game just because a small handful of people don't like how the game is balanced. Newsflash! No matter what WG does, no matter who they cater to there is always going to be a small handful of people unhappy with the game.

WG has access to more information than you do, they can see the whole picture while you can't even see half of it. It's pretty to think that you know more about the balance situation of this game than the people who created and develop it. If WG sees that the game needs adjusting they will make appropriate adjustments and player feedback plays only a minor role in that as, again, the players don't see the whole picture.

Cool. I never said it would change anything, I said "I and many others are doing the same".

You asked for proof, so I gave it to you. :)

WG has access to more information than you do, they can see the whole picture while you can't even see half of it. It's pretty to think that you know more about the balance situation of this game than the people who created and develop it. If WG sees that the game needs adjusting they will make appropriate adjustments and player feedback plays only a minor role in that as, again, the players don't see the whole picture.

But it took them how many years to finally fix arty in tanks? 

Have you considered at all why that might be the case?  Perhaps you're dodging too predictably?

This.  Can't tell how many times lately I've watched a cruiser in my sights making a full-speed turn, and I wait and fire a salvo as his nose crosses my viewpoint.  Most of the time the full salvo catches him as the turn brings his full broadside open to me, with predictable results.  No hack needed, just timing.

Another one of these threads. Sigh... they come back. They always come back.

Kick-[edited]premiums?  OK...MAYBE the Scharnhorst. The others are mostly gimmicky or have glaring weaknesses for the money spent. I have MANY, MANY premiums. Some I like, some I don't. But to say I'll be missing out on kick-a$$ premiums is overstating it by a large margin. Most premiums are Wargaming wallet-raids.

Nope. Witness the Solomons, where 6"-gunned cruisers pumped out thousands of shells and achieved......a couple hits in most scenarios. All I'm saying is sigma should be range-dependant, and it should be applied with an even hand across all the lines. No exceptions.

Well that is certainly better, at least you want it even.  Unfortunately, WG wants a game that is fun and fast-paced.  Hours long matches where you might not hit anything after a couple hundred shots sounds like a great formula for a game that no one plays.

And by no one, yes there'd be some die-hards who'll still play until WG pulls the plug.  Maybe even find a way to run a wildcat server.  But most players would be long gone.

Edited by kerensky914

Tengu:

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km. I even waffled between concealment mod and rudder shift. Even a six-second rudder shift and pre-manuvering results in deletion. I think alot of this is people using aim-mods which show direction the ship WILL manuver, and they can pre-aim. Again, its just not fun. Even a 17.6km range isn't enough to start shooting when I know the battleship can turn his guns are massacre me then go about his business.

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharnhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling upward as range closes.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

Wait there is a mod that tells people how ships will maneuver? How does that even work? Is a mod now able to predict the actions of people? 

I consider myself pretty good at this game and a lot of its based on predicting peoples behavior and yet people constantly surprise me by making moves I thought would be too stupid to do. How would someone create a mod that does it accurately? 

Funny, I was away from the game for a bit for personal reasons and just started playing last week.  Much to my surprise the game was a lot more fun.  Not that I had simply missed playing and it was good to be back kind of fun, but the over all demeanor of the players in chat was lighthearted and fun.   It was overall just more enjoyable.   Sure had some good games and bad and played with good players and not so good players, but most of the toxic was gone.  (still happened occasionally).    Maybe this is a bonus side effect of uptight people leaving because the game wasn't tailored specifically for their needs?

Wait there is a mod that tells people how ships will maneuver? How does that even work? Is a mod now able to predict the actions of people? 

I consider myself pretty good at this game and a lot of its based on predicting peoples behavior and yet people constantly surprise me by making moves I thought would be too stupid to do. How would someone create a mod that does it accurately? 

It's nothing more than an excuse for an above-average player's refusal to see where he can improve.  I believe there is an "aim assist" that gives the correct at-the-moment lead for a target (I don't see why not, the bots have to have some sort of aiming AI), but it doesn't work if your target changes course - of course, it has to be radical-enough to cause a miss, but as I said earlier it's only easier to do so as tiers go up because of the greater accuracy of guns across the board.  I got nailed for a double-cit by a Kawachi in a Jurien de la Graviere yesterday because a shell from his #4 turret and #1 turret flew half a kilometer away from the rest and butt-penned me.

Edited by TenguBlade

In Beta the famous aim-mod gave a really nice prediction showing the targets future course based on speed and direction. I saw a number of vids of it being used and it very nicely dialed up the accuracy for anyone using it.

Kick-[edited]premiums?  OK...MAYBE the Scharnhorst. The others are mostly gimmicky or have glaring weaknesses for the money spent. I have MANY, MANY premiums. Some I like, some I don't. But to say I'll be missing out on kick-a$$ premiums is overstating it by a large margin. Most premiums are Wargaming wallet-raids.

I'm not referring to in-game performance, I'm referring to big-name ships that WG is adding this year like Alabama, d'Aosta, Roma, Graf Zeppelin, Hood... ships that are significant/cool for varying reasons. Aosta is the first Italian ship, Alabama finally brings to the game the last missing class of USN fast battleships so on and so forth.

TLDR: Kick-A$$ as in "cool", not necessarily "good". Sorry for the confusion. 

Edited by dseehafer