Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fox_Cruiser_Marseillaise

Game no longer fun; putting my wallet away

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello everyone:

After being really excited for the French cruiser line, and getting up to the Tier 8 Charles Martel, I have found the game really stinks anymore. Battleships are MUCH too accurate at long ranges, no matter how much I manuver I get beaten for half my health in one volley, it sucks. Battleship sigma needs to be massively nerfed at range. I expect and will accept being deleted at 8-9km showing broadside, but 17km citadels are stupid. They promote a passive playstyle. I spend half my games in concealment rather than firing. Low tier games are much more fun, and the ships are nice, but I'm done until these things get fixed.

I work hard and spend a lot of money with Wargaming. But this is the end. No more hard currrency for WarGaming until they fix this. I feel like modding/hacking/cheating is also contributing and Wargaming needs to take a hard look at this. I know, server-based cant be hacked. Thats [edited]. This is a game. Made by men. There are cheaters. PERIOD. Also, team balance should be examined. There are too many battleships on the teams in general. Yes, I know, queue times. Thats a bunch of [edited][edited]and a cop-out.

Taking a break but will watch for improvements.

No more money, Wargaming. Fix your game.

/fca

Edited by Fox_Cruiser_Algerie

Being one of the BB players who sniped you, I can safely assert you either did not dodge, or you dodged upon seeing the shells coming at you, which is far too late for most cruisers at T8.  Ships get more health and firepower as you go up tiers, but their response time increases as well - you can't passively look for shells and input the rudder as you see them flying at you, you need to be maneuvering as soon as they leave the barrel.

Your points on high-tier gameplay are, however, valid regardless.  As I hinted at above, it does demand a lot more out of you than low-tier.  The skill floor goes up while the punishment for failure skyrockets on an order of 3 or 4 times greater (even more so for DDs and CAs), and because a lot of people either don't want to invest the effort into playing it well or can't adapt, the gameplay becomes passive due to people becoming scared.  BB population is another issue as well, but at this point I'm not sure why it's a complaint reserved only for high-tiers when the mid-tiers suffer from it just as badly.  I don't think I've gone a single Random match in the last 3 weeks that had less than 5 battleships per team.

Edited by TenguBlade

Good for you. Many of us are doing the same.:honoring:

Total I've saved so far is $107.97.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Many? Name 10 forumers that are "doing the same". Betcha can't.

I've saved about that much as well...for future premiums like the Hood and Kidd. 

I've saved about that much as well...for future premiums like the Hood and Kidd. 

Good for you. :)

Fox... cruiser... Algerie.

There's so much all over the place about your handle, I don't even know where to start. A French kitsune boat? Uh... okay.

Hello everyone:

After being really excited for the French cruiser line, and getting up to the Tier 8 Charles Martel, I have found the game really stinks anymore. Battleships are MUCH too accurate at long ranges, no matter how much I manuver I get beaten for half my health in one volley, it sucks. Battleship sigma needs to be massively nerfed at range. I expect and will accept being deleted at 8-9km showing broadside, but 17km citadels are stupid. They promote a passive playstyle. I spend half my games in concealment rather than firing. Low tier games are much more fun, and the ships are nice, but I'm done until these things get fixed.

I work hard and spend a lot of money with Wargaming. But this is the end. No more hard currrency for WarGaming until they fix this. I feel like modding/hacking/cheating is also contributing and Wargaming needs to take a hard look at this. I know, server-based cant be hacked. Thats [edited]. This is a game. Made by men. There are cheaters. PERIOD. Also, team balance should be examined. There are too many battleships on the teams in general. Yes, I know, queue times. Thats a bunch of [edited][edited]and a cop-out.

Taking a break but will watch for improvements.

No more money, Wargaming. Fix your game.

/fca

Meanwhile at WG HQ  

fUZewk4.gif

Doing the same here for sure. No more bucks until I start having more fun beyond just randoms. They need to start thinking about actually pushing out content, not just churning out ships only to nerf the whole thing every few patches. Balance is outta whack after a year's worth of nerfs now. 

I was watching Business6 stream last night with his Missouri and I was open-jawed amazed at his success with deleting enemy ships.  As I watched, I realized that he could consistently find targets that serenely drove broadside to him for easy citadels.  Business would often pass up potential targets that did even a small amount of preemptive dodging in favor of red ships that drove in nice straight lines.  Business was not doing anything that any other player could do.

The moral is don't drive in nice straight lines and always assume that you are a target.  

There's so much all over the place about your handle, I don't even know where to start. A French kitsune boat? Uh... okay.

That battlecruiser tiger also didn't have a weeaboo pilot either, so your lack of integrity is appalling! 

That battlecruiser tiger also didn't have a weeaboo pilot either, so your lack of integrity is appalling! 

This bit was good for about 30 seconds, and the clock started ticking the moment you created the handle. In fact, it was stale long before you even made the thread... let alone started trolling others. Nobody is laughing - nobody was laughing. And when you're the only person who thinks a joke is funny? Well, that's sad.

While not a perfect solution (and it depends on class), I use both Priority Target and Incoming Fire Alert to help from getting sniped at long distance.

I'm sure some will scoff at using IFA and wasting a point, but I find it to be very useful.

My 2 cents.

B

Typical for such a non professional and integrity level of a purplecorn troll

who're you and why should i give a *%$?  Edited by scruffycavetroll

So it sounds like the game is still fun but French cruisers are not.... or.... .you just need a break.

Tengu:

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km. I even waffled between concealment mod and rudder shift. Even a six-second rudder shift and pre-manuvering results in deletion. I think alot of this is people using aim-mods which show direction the ship WILL manuver, and they can pre-aim. Again, its just not fun. Even a 17.6km range isn't enough to start shooting when I know the battleship can turn his guns are massacre me then go about his business.

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharnhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling upward as range closes.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

Edited by Fox_Cruiser_Algerie

This bit was good for about 30 seconds, and the clock started ticking the moment you created the handle. In fact, it was stale long before you even made the thread... let alone started trolling others. Nobody is laughing - nobody was laughing. And when you're the only person who thinks a joke is funny? Well, that's sad.

Not surprising for someone lack such integrity and professionalism as a weeaboo piloting a british ship

I'm having tons of fun. Why? I've sold all my ships over tier 5 and bought a bunch of 4s and 5s. I no longer worry about XP, or credits, I just play and have fun.  I now never have to suffer through crappy tier 8 and 9 gameplay and the issues therein.  Mid and lower tiers are so much more fun, people actually battle and don't just hide behind islands or put out giant smoke screens or bow on BB camp.  I was able to afford many more ships in my fleet and the game is fun again. Most mid tier ships are based on actual ships too, not all the science fiction paper ships at high tiers. 

While not a perfect solution (and it depends on class), I use both Priority Target and Incoming Fire Alert to help from getting sniped at long distance.

I'm sure some will scoff at using IFA and wasting a point, but I find it to be very useful.

My 2 cents.

B

I use both, trying dodging a tight BB spread at 17km with BOTH skills and rudder shift mod. Won't help, TBQH.

who're you and why should i give a *%$? 

You don't care about anything or anyone cave, that's the point. Let alone that lady in your avatar give a  $#*@ about you 

I didn't feel using Fog_Cruiser_Algerie was appropriate, I'm not part of Fog Fleet, and didn't want to portray that I was in any way, so I changed a letter. It works well in chat, someone wants my attention they just call "Fox".

Tengu:

Right you are, I tend to rely on the the Tier 1 skills and common sense to start my dodge. But it doesn't matter to be quite honest. The accuracy is so high that I will get hit no matter what. WASD hacks are useless when battleships can squash a cockroach at 19km. I even waffled between concealment mod and rudder shift. Even a six-second rudder shift and pre-manuvering results in deletion. I think alot of this is people using aim-mods which show direction the ship WILL manuver, and they can pre-aim. Again, its just not fun. Even a 17.6km range isn't enough to start shooting when I know the battleship can turn his guns are massacre me then go about his business.

Sigma has to be a function of range. I base my assessment and gripes on historical, World War II scenarios. Witness Iowa versus Katori. She could barely hit that tiny, slow ship even at modest range. Duke of York fired HUNDREDS of shots at Scharhorst and couldn't affect her ability to fight or flee, except for one VERY LUCKY long-range shot. BB sigma should START at 1.0 minimum past 10km, scaling from there.

I don't understand why I should be punished for being a cruiser main, or even enjoying a certain line, regardless of performance characteristics.

Take that tinfoil hat off, youre on tilt. Take a break from the game and come back.  As a German BB main I would like to know where this accuracy is at 19km.