KinoMyu

[Voice Mod] Haifuri - Akeno and Mashiro voice mod

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

With the High School Fleet collaboration coming up, WG has already put up the sound files for HSF captains in the current patch. This voice mod will replace the Japanese voice over. Sadly TORIKAJI IPPAI and OMOKAJI IPPAI don't work as intended, so they weren't included (The game doesn't differentiate between left or right rudder, only half and full rudder).

Demonstration:

For 0.6.6 and later

Download (adds a new menu option for battle voiceovers named AkenoMashiro)

OUTDATED (0.6.5.1 and earlier)

Download (replaces in-game Japanese voices)

Download (creates a new menu option for battle voiceovers named AkenoMashiro)

Instructions:

Extract the .zip file into the WoWS\res_mods\CURRENT_VERSION folder such that the folder structure looks like ...\res_mods\CURRENT_VERSION\banks

Edited by KinoMyu

I love it, thanks. 

Hopefully they will add the rudder voices, or is that they exist but are not programed to work yet?

I love it, thanks. 

Hopefully they will add the rudder voices, or is that they exist but are not programed to work yet?

They do exist in the game files, but in the game's current state, changing the rudder to 1/2 on either side will trigger the left rudder voice and changing to full rudder will trigger the right rudder voice. It would be quite weird when setting the rudder hard to port only to have the voices say hard to starboard.

i modded it myself, i think they clearly told them apart :\ or my ear fail me :\

I might be doing it wrong, but here is what happens when I add the rudder voices in.

The same voice clip plays for 1/2 or full on either side. :(

This is fantastic! But do you think you could either disable the voice for increasing/decreasing speed or only have it play at full ahead or reverse?

They do exist in the game files, but in the game's current state, changing the rudder to 1/2 on either side will trigger the left rudder voice and changing to full rudder will trigger the right rudder voice. It would be quite weird when setting the rudder hard to port only to have the voices say hard to starboard.

I hope they fix it or you find if you did something wrong...Thanks for the no replacement.

No fix in 0.6.5 sadly. I'll have to try in the 0.6.6 Technical Patch to see if it works there.

Edited by KinoMyu

Bad news, 0.6.6 disables all telegraph voices, plus the files need to be updated to a later WWISE version. Good news is that gun voices and torpedo voices work flawlessly now. Though if the voices come in the game officially, there won't be a need for this mod.

Edited by KinoMyu

Bad news, 0.6.6 disables all telegraph voices, plus the files need to be updated to a later WWISE version. Good news is that gun voices and torpedo voices work flawlessly now. Though if the voices come in the game officially, there won't be a need for this mod.

That does not affect 0.6.5.1, right? I haven't tried to install it since the update

That does not affect 0.6.5.1, right? I haven't tried to install it since the update

That's correct, the mod still works for 0.6.5.1. I'm going to work on a version compatible with 0.6.6 and later. Edited by KinoMyu

With this patch the ships are beeing tested, so the voice over should be just to unlock... or is not that easy? 

On 5/25/2017 at 5:32 PM, KinoMyu said:

Aw, I really enjoyed those.