Eisennagel

The Duke is now on sale!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

73 posts in this topic

Like clockwork at the specific time, she arrives at the shop.

I might have been the first to buy her on this server.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Duca looks fine. Gratz on your new ship. Edited by m373x

Congrats to everyone getting one, she's a pretty ship.

just tell me where to point ma guns and how much lead to give them... but yup, she's a looker... almost as good as ma Spee.... 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Duke? of York? :trollface:

But seriously, it is the "Aosta".

Edited by Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper

Ordered mine from work.  I wanted to get it before I left, but it wasn't in the shop yet :(

Just played my first game in this ship - what a looker!  Amazing that I got anything done in the game as I was so busy just oogling my new ship! Oooh and Ahhhh ......

Very slick, and she just skates on the water - and the torps are 12km!

Very impressive - this will be a popular ship to pick up.

Here's hoping that they do as good a job on the regular Regia Marina line as they did on this ship

Cheers,

Yorcke

$25 to be uptiered 75% of the time.... uh, no thanks. I'll stick with the Graf

Anyone running DE with IFHE? Since I seem to be detected 95% of the time thinking about switching from concealment to IFHE. Every time I start a fire it just gets repaired anyways. :D

I'm probably going to not bother with DE.  The low chance of fire is just not worth it imo, crap + 2% = still crap.  I'm not sure what I will take as a L3 skill though.  I can't imagine not having CE, I found it incredibly helpful on my Molotov, although I also want IFHE badly.

$25 to be uptiered 75% of the time.... uh, no thanks. I'll stick with the Graf

Dude, I would buy this ship just to stare at it with lust.

I think you will be missing out on a really nice ship with good qualities (and don't be so negative . . .)

I've had some great games in her already.

Sadly, the Mac client crashes after every game since the new patch, so I can't even capture a screen shot of them.

But seriously, it is the "Aosta".

No, Zoup named it "The Duca" and it sounds well memed. Most people don't know how to pronounce the real name properly anyway.

I've had some great games in her already.

Sadly, the Mac client crashes after every game since the new patch, so I can't even capture a screen shot of them.

IKR? Us poor Mac users always get shafted ;_;

I just got mine, I'm so excited to play! Gotta get through a day of school before I can though :D

DE seems to be one of the most solid choice, just for the boosted fire chance (especially if you're taking IFHE).

Other than that, SI could be useful for the extra charges (doubtful).

TAE for the extra torpedo reload time (from 71 to 63.9 seconds, so if you have AR as well at 50% HP your reload on the torps would be 56.8 seconds, or just under a minute.

Then there's always SE, which would raise your hitpoints to 31,800.

Vigilance could stack nicely with the fact she's got hydro all the time.

BFT is of very limited value, your secondaries aren't worth buffing, and your AA aura's would increase only to 23.8/55.7/19.7, which still is fairly meager.

BoS... Eh. I suppose that could come in handy?

What I'm curious about is how many other people are considering taking Torpedo acceleration? Your torps go from 12km @ 51 knots to 9.6km @ 56 knots. It also cuts the reaction time for enemy ships from 7.42 seconds to 6.75 seconds, which isn't very long at all if you look at the rudder shot times on most ships...

I hope Yuro does a video on this ship especially with it being the first Italian ship opening up plenty of new comedic material.

Damn, it's hard to be responsible when eye candy sails by, but I'm going to finish my meetings and work this morning, then treat myself to some Italian Stallion!  

For skills, here's my first 10pts:

• Priority Target
  • Adrenaline Rush
  • Demolition Expert
  • Concealment Expert

Then:

• Expert Marksman
  • Vigilance
  • and finally I'll be taking Radio Location for my 19th point.  I want to run down enemy DDs.

Those final 9 points are going to be a tough choice - one could go DD hunter, or torpedo boat with TA, or go for IFHE and be a quick strike ship ... decisions, decisions ...

I honestly like that a lot about her. Depending on which skills you choose to invest into, she can become many different styles of a cruiser.