Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xero_Snake

First impression on French cruisers abstract

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Eldars in WoWs!

My take on the overview of French cruisers:

In overall, honestly, they're the most fragile ships I ever seen - especially when comparing with Tier III - V. Emile seems to be the weakest, even more so than Kirov. Still, it don't discourage me from playing them. Because other than its guns' mediocre reload times, the ballistics parameters are actually pretty good, which is a redeeming quality about their guns that I was expecting on them. So as their torps as well. Despite being glass cannons, they're considerably maneuverable until top tiers.

And last of all... I actually think both French & Russians can become good buddies when I notice they got some things in common. Honestly, tagging Henri with Moskva would indeed make an ideal treat.

On side note: I like the bronze emblem on the French, with twin Gallic roosters & most of all, the ICONIC lily flower (fleur-de-lis)!

Edited by Xero_Snake

I think the French ships get better the farther you go up. I am love the Charles Martel 

They're certainly the most fragile ships in the water these days. Didn't think anything would top the British CLs, but then I got 2 cits through the bows of a Emile at medium range from one Konigsberg turret. It's a good day to be playing something with reliable AP. 

Another thing I like about them is that they got good HE shells, sometimes they light up other ships reliably (RNG love them, does it?). Some have their HEs slightly faster than APs.

I can see why a couple of devs are fond of French ships...

Their CAs are wonderful.  Algerie and Charles are looking to be pretty solid for their tier, though I'm struggling to adapt to Charles (mainly because I play her too aggressively thanks to her flexibility).

I'm probably going to keep the T7-10 and buy their Permacamo for regular gameplay until the French BBs come over (for Richelieu, that sexy Alsace N3, and some speedy 450mm "Super Alsace").

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0