You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralObsidian

Inspiring Element Water

28 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
68 posts
8,217 battles

Team Water of the Clash of Clans competition, We may have lost the first round, but lets not bring ourselves down by that one defeat, we can kick fire back hard, Right now we're heading down that path again, so let's show the fire what we're made of and put out their flames, ARE YOU WITH ME?!

[FYYFF]
Members
648 posts
16,734 battles

We lost the first round because Team Fire has more players, or least more active players.

And we'll lose the second round.

• Cool 1

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

We lost the first round because Team Fire has more players, or least more active players.

And we'll lose the second round.

Probably more players. Water was locked out Friday when the majority registered anyway, it would also explain why Fire was so easily able to retake the lead in all 5 categories this time around. Last week, it took until Friday for Fire to gain the majority of categories(3 of 5). It's only ~11pm EST and Fire has all five already...

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,615 battles

Probably more players. Water was locked out Friday when the majority registered anyway, it would also explain why Fire was so easily able to retake the lead in all 5 categories this time around. Last week, it took until Friday for Fire to gain the majority of categories(3 of 5). It's only ~11pm EST and Fire has all five already...

Well, it's not like the rewards matter for this event anyway. The camo is junk and the flag is nothing.

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

Well, it's not like the rewards matter for this event anyway. The camo is junk and the flag is nothing.

That's not really the point though. I imagine for a fair amount of players, the competition between two teams is fun. I know I certainly enjoy a good clean competition, otherwise I probably wouldn't be playing this game. What's the point of having teams compete, if there's no real competition and it just becomes a personal grind of sorts? Can we even really qualify that as an 'event'?

But this event isn't even a competition. Last week showed us that. Water got locked, Fire pulled way ahead, and there was no way for Water to recover. This event would be infinitely more interesting if there was a fair bit of push and pull, back and forth between Fire and Water, in my opinion.

• Cool 2

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,143 battles

Them locking water was just proof that it shouldn't have been anything but random anyways. If you want to keep it balanced, just RNG it. Not like allegiances are so strong they will test friendships.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,883 battles

I was looking for one of the rule I thought I read at the start of the "challenge," but cant find it - so I will ask here.

I thought the challenge ended when one team won two rounds. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

[BOTES]
Members
311 posts
9,615 battles

I was looking for one of the rule I thought I read at the start of the "challenge," but cant find it - so I will ask here.

I thought the challenge ended when one team won two rounds. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

One team is declared the winner and then the event continues, so you can continue to sell your soul for the kamikaze

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

Them locking water was just proof that it shouldn't have been anything but random anyways. If you want to keep it balanced, just RNG it. Not like allegiances are so strong they will test friendships.

Or, WG could have opened registration one week before the event started, then closed registration a few hours before it began, pretty much how any other competition or event is handled in the world. Sure, you'd probably still have a bit of stacking on one team or the other, but at least it'd be because players managed to 'stack' a team rather than it feeling... artificial...

That, and there also wouldn't have been any bandwagon-ing to one team or the other because they were winning, which is what got us to where we are now.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,883 battles

One team is declared the winner and then the event continues, so you can continue to sell your soul for the kamikaze

I already have the ship in an earlier version but was just curious if one team could be a victim of their own success.

Personally I agree with most of the options about this "challenge" - poor thought thru.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Only way to do something like this is "blind assignment". Let the system build the teams randomly and tell the player what team they are on. I will say I am sooooo glad I got he Kami R in the pearl missions... ah, those were the good old days... :smart_fish:

Just checked 4.20.2017 11:46pm EST Water is losing every category. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,511 battles

It really should have been you just get randomly assigned. RNG for the most part but more likely to get assigned to the team that has fewer members currently. Would've been more fun to see who we got assigned with afterwards. Kind of like how teams are made in game. There could even be more teams involved. At this point, it seems water is going to get wiped all three rounds, and I'll go ahead and assume that even team fire is starting to lose the feeling of competition at this point.

Members
509 posts
14,519 battles

That's the most annoying part.   If it was a competition with some give and take that's one thing, but this is a clear and total slaughter because wargaming dropped the ball.  Is the flag a big deal?  Not really, it been nice to play for it though. Now many who will get it will go... "yay I got it?"  the value for it even drops for the winners.  At this point I feel the "winner reward" should just go to everyone as an admit, "We screwed up."

Mistakes happen, but they have to face their mistakes.

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

Choice.......

Choice.......

Choice.......

You call yourselves a team, yet your choices indicate nothing but self-destruction

What person, knowingly destined for failure, invites their so-called "friends" to come with them?

Make the correct choice.

Stop the fight now.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,110 posts
45,160 battles

Maybe someone should have told "TEAM WATER" they had to play Tier 5 or higher......

(seal clubbing is not going to work here)  :teethhappy::aqua::child:

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

Maybe someone should have told "TEAM WATER" they had to play Tier 5 or higher......

Someone must inform Team Fire that they are corporate puppets just like their "enemies".

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,942 battles

water being locked on friday ended any chance for them, even when they locked fire it was to late, since pretty much everyone was already in, there was probably hardly anyone left to fill water back up, should have just been random placement on a team when you logged in and then the event started the next week.

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

I'm fairly bothered that water got locked out by the auto balance system. Given the numbers, fire probably has thousands more players than water. That sort of number isn't what any group of organized lifeless player can actually offset. The sheer disparity between teams ended this competition before it started.

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

If this was between Wine and Coffee, or Tea and Coffee; I wonder which side would have more members? 

Members
509 posts
14,519 battles

I'm fairly bothered that water got locked out by the auto balance system. Given the numbers, fire probably has thousands more players than water. That sort of number isn't what any group of organized lifeless player can actually offset. The sheer disparity between teams ended this competition before it started.

Yup, its not self defeating when I could play damn hard and long as an above average player x my contribution by 100 and not make a huge dent in the tide.  Mind you that would mean there would be 99 more of me not registered who would have to be there for that to even show.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
30,536 battles

Team Water of the Clash of Clans competition, We may have lost the first round, but lets not bring ourselves down by that one defeat, we can kick fire back hard, Right now we're heading down that path again, so let's show the fire what we're made of and put out their flames, ARE YOU WITH ME?!

Yeah, nope. I was excited about the idea of competition signed on early to Water (because the camo looked cooler) but then read the details of the competition... Expected to be on a team of fellow Water players but wasn't the case. Lost interest quickly and could not remove my registration. It is the same old thing with a prettier wrapper, boring and repetitive and not all that interested in the rewards. Spending my time on other games until something interesting comes along in WoWS. IMHO April has been one big bust, looking forward to next month's Ranked battles.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

That's the most annoying part.   If it was a competition with some give and take that's one thing, but this is a clear and total slaughter because wargaming dropped the ball.  Is the flag a big deal?  Not really, it been nice to play for it though. Now many who will get it will go... "yay I got it?"  the value for it even drops for the winners.  At this point I feel the "winner reward" should just go to everyone as an admit, "We screwed up."

Mistakes happen, but they have to face their mistakes.

They could discount the grand prizes by ~40% as an admission of fault.

That would be nice.

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

If this was between Wine and Coffee, or Tea and Coffee; I wonder which side would have more members? 

When sides are chosen, everyone loses.

Members
66 posts
3,758 battles

I'll go for the coffee.