TheScaryGuy

FPS drop since update.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

29 posts in this topic

See title.

Updated drivers, no effect.  Game starts out fine, but zooming in on ship shows initial fps drop from 100+ to 30, then when the action starts the game is in the mid 20's (unplayable).  Dropping settings seems to have no effect.  Never had this issue until the update.

980ti

16GBRAM

Windows 10 64bit

same here lagging like crazy, and update has turned off either manual targeting for secondaries on my Izumo or my secondaries completely. Since I have manual firing control on it I'm not sure which is occurring, but either way my secondary build Izumo has been completely neutered.

I have been having similar issues. i get about 35-45 fps on medium settings while just sailing but when I bring the camera close to my ship it drops down to 10-15.

I'm in the same boat as you folks.  I used to drift along at the maximum frame rate of 70-75 fps prior to the update, but since the update it's all over the place.

Exact same specs as the OP.  Latest drivers.

980ti

16GBRAM

Windows 10 64bit

Stronk update, get same effects with plenty of stutter in game even on other server.

Add me to the list as well however mine is occurring at the beginning of the game whether zoomed in or not. Have had frame rate drop from 35-40 fps to 7 fps and all kind of lag. Have changed settings, reset router and every other trick I can think of but no luck. It would be great to get some kind of a response from Wargaming on the issue.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have had this issue before with low fps but I thought Wargaming had fixed it as the last few update didn't cause any issues.

But I'm having the same issue with my framerate again as others are. Before the 0.6.4 update I had 70+ fps all the time, but after it drop to low 20's. 

I tried dropping the graphics setting to low with no difference so I was at a loss.

Next I did a WOWS reinstall yesterday & got FPS back to 70+ then went to play today & I'm back to low 20's again. FML

My system is a i7 6700k, 16gb of DDR4 Ram, MSI GTX 980 video card & a samsung 950 M.2 ssd running Win 10 1607.

I don't think it my system as no updates have been install since yesterday yet my FPS is in the toilet. 

Any Ideals as I'm not going to have reinstall this game every time I want to play WOWS

Edited by Mach3ca

Posted (edited) · Report post

getting the same issue.. making game near unplayable

routinely get 100+fps with two 980Ti

Edited by MrSoLiDIcE

Having a similar issue since the last patch, as well as abnormally long load times that further make the client completely unresponsive while loading. I get the severe FPS drops whenever I hit CTRL to get the mouse active (like for manual AA/Sec).

Win7 64bit

i7-5930k 3.5

16gb ram

GTX 1080 Strix w/ updated drivers

Client installed on SSD

Hi all, yeah, since 6.4, my FPS' have been straight outta wack.  Before, 76 was the norm with dips into the 60's, 50's and a 40 here and there but 70+ for the majority.  Now, my 70's are few and far between...

I called my ISP to check my connection and it's all good.  I figured as much since my streaming shows and other games, like BF1, don't see any changes in FPS....

I thought it might be an issue with Sleep Mode... no dice, FPS still wack...

Thought with 6.4.1 I'd see a change... nope....

Win10 64

32gb

980ti

SSD

Have you guys checked to see if you're dropping packets?

How'd we test it against the game?

Count me in as well, watching FPS drop as low as 8. Dropped all settings to low with now effect. Not going to play until something changes. Heck, can't really play unless something changes.

I was having this same issue on a 6800k @ 4.4ghz, 980ti, Win10 Creators prior to my processor getting fried by Asus OC socket. RIP Broadewell-E.

I built a new Ryzen 1700x based system and upgraded to a 1080ti. Load up wowships... and to my dismay the same issue posted above. I fired up some monitoring tools and noticed GPU usage was at like 30%. I play at 3440x1440 with the very high preset. I decided to lower the settings to the bare minimums and the problem still existed and GPU usage went even lower. 

At this juncture I decided to go into the Nvidia control panel and set the power plan to maximum performance profile with no net change in game. 

I then decided to see if I could get the GPU utilization up. So I maxed out every setting including AA.  The crazy thing is the game runs better. No more FPS drops for no reason etc. I think this has to do with the game not putting a strain on our high end cards due to the 75 fps limiter and GPU utilization is low.

Try cranking the settings up instead of lowering (the common sense path to take when experiencing low fps) + prefer maximum performance and let me know if this works for you.

UPDATE:  I posted this in a separate FPS drop thread but in case y'all missed it, I sent in a Support Ticket and my FPS problems were resolved.  I was instructed to download WGCheck.exe and send the Report back through the Ticket process.  However, during the Check, at about 98% completion, I was notified by the Check that I had several "Damaged" files that I need to download.  I hit okay and the Report finished.  I couldn't wait 15 min so I jumped in game and my FPS issues were gone!!!  While in game, my Ticket helper told me to turn Off my Post Processing, from High to Off that is.  I did for the next match and my FPS issues were still fixed!!!  However, the color with PP Off looked a little too faded so I turned PP back on to Low....  so...  Here's to Low working!!!  

Hopefully this might help y'all remedy your FPS problems straight up or, at least, give you hope that a remedy exists.  :honoring:

I don't watch my frame rate that much, as I like to charge in when I battle. I see drops/lags and slow starters when the Spanish speaking folks join a match. I have also noticed that when I'm zoomed in on a ship it will "jump" left OR right once in a while. I am also noticing on my shots when I miss, the shells are side by side. When I hit, they are spaced much farther apart, especially when I use my BB's. That is kinda strange as ballistics won't change that much from shell to shell (I've seen this personally in the Navy and in the documentaries). I know there's the "4% camo" setup but is seems that's a pretty far stretch I've bee getting.  

UPDATE:  I posted this in a separate FPS drop thread but in case y'all missed it, I sent in a Support Ticket and my FPS problems were resolved.  I was instructed to download WGCheck.exe and send the Report back through the Ticket process.  However, during the Check, at about 98% completion, I was notified by the Check that I had several "Damaged" files that I need to download.  I hit okay and the Report finished.  I couldn't wait 15 min so I jumped in game and my FPS issues were gone!!!  While in game, my Ticket helper told me to turn Off my Post Processing, from High to Off that is.  I did for the next match and my FPS issues were still fixed!!!  However, the color with PP Off looked a little too faded so I turned PP back on to Low....  so...  Here's to Low working!!!  

Hopefully this might help y'all remedy your FPS problems straight up or, at least, give you hope that a remedy exists.  :honoring:

What are your system specs?

This?

/facepalm. Sorry was multitasking at work. I will give WGcheck a shot as well.

lol, no worries, 2sl0w_  :teethhappy:  Yeah, I didn't know about WGCheck until I went through the Support Ticket process.  If/when you do, I was instructed to check all three boxes - something like, Basic, something, and Network.  

Hopefully it'll help you out!  :honoring:

Fetchez....glad you found a solution but geez, with a 980ti you should not have to settle for anything less than ULTRA graphics settings.  I tried the same thing, even put all graphics settings to Low and still had issues in port with UI lag. 

Sorry, missile, that you're still having issues mate :(  I was hoping that my solution would've helped. 

Yeah, she runs Warships on Ultra/High/Very High.  The Post Processing, that I've been running on Low, doesn't look all that different to me when changed to Very High.  But then again, I'm not sure what it does in the first place other than make everything look bland when Off :unsure:

In any case, missile, I hope you find a solution for your FPS woes :honoring:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/125622-poor-server-performance-will-kill-any-game/

Definitely issues. San Jose is one of the hops I take to get to the NW server and it drops a ton of packets.

Curious, What server you guys that are having lag FPS issues connecting to?

But as you can read it always is the players issue and not the route you take to get to the server.

Download the WGCheck.exe from here and check your lost packets.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/125622-poor-server-performance-will-kill-any-game/

Definitely issues. San Jose is one of the hops I take to get to the NW server and it drops a ton of packets.

Curious, What server you guys that are having lag FPS issues connecting to?

But as you can read it always is the players issue and not the route you take to get to the server.

Download the WGCheck.exe from here and check your lost packets.

Downloaded and running as we speak, as 6.4.1 was running fine, updated today and have had nothing but on and off lag all day and all night???