You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Parliament_Funkadelic

Round 2, coins and what if....

15 comments in this topic

Members
7,122 posts
26,800 battles

What if fire wins again and that would make the contest over and they scrapped week three... no Kami's for anyone. ( I got that idea in game from a very very respected wg player, who was either pulling my leg or god forbid has insider knowledge).

295 for week one and horrified at the prospect of putting in the time I did last week for the next two weeks. Lets go team water! pretty sure the fix is in for water as they are already up.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,176 posts
10,855 battles

Why would they scrap the contest if Fire won again? I don't think anybody cares all that much about that.

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

I don't think people would care.

At this point I doubt that we still have players aiming for the Kamikaze, the hours that you have to put on for that are ridiculous.

Edited by ShiroDNL

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

It's not best 2 out of 3.

If fire wins all 3, will water turn so salty people can float in it?

[D-DAY]
Members
7,617 posts

IMO: The challenge is in winning the coins, this is an individual challenge.

The Fire/Water competition added a great theme to the challenge and added a bit of fun/rivalry. A great idea; it's a pity so many have found the negative in it.

Members
33 posts
1,633 battles

It's not best 2 out of 3.

Pretty sure it was never even remotely implied to be a best of three. 

"The element that is the best in the most categories wins the round. After every round, team results are reset and the competition in all categories starts again. The element that wins two out of the three rounds will win the Clash of the Elements event!" (emphasis added)

source: https://elements.worldofwarships.com/en/about/

Edited by tutty29

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

"The element that is the best in the most categories wins the round. After every round, team results are reset and the competition in all categories starts again. The element that wins two out of the three rounds will win the Clash of the Elements event!" (emphasis added)

source: https://elements.worldofwarships.com/en/about/

Clash of the elements will be available for three weeks. 

Members
3,354 posts
23,386 battles

Let's be honest, most people want to win the kami R or the 2k dubloons. Once you realize that the math makes it nearly impossible unless you have no job, don't go to school and sit and play 24/7, the logical thing to do is just pretend the contest isn't happening.

​Just register and play as you have in the past. Whatever you win in coins at the end is just a bonus. Not worth stressing over this one.

Edited by STINKWEED_

[PSFL]
Beta Testers
21 posts
19,840 battles

Eh.    Not too concerned about the Kamikaze R.   As far as the rounds go, they are simply segments of the event.   Granted IF Team Fire were to win 3 of the five in the second round, then they would win the overall event as set in instructions from WG.   Might be a bit different if the contest was decided by cumulative scores in all five categories for all 3 rounds.

Members
2 posts
1,994 battles

what really sucks is that there is no way to recover if you have a bad  week.. i worked 50 hours the first week.. only managed to get 150 coins. so now even if i could get the full 300 coins the next 2 weeks there is no way ill be able to get 800 for the kami

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

what really sucks is that there is no way to recover if you have a bad  week.. i worked 50 hours the first week.. only managed to get 150 coins. so now even if i could get the full 300 coins the next 2 weeks there is no way ill be able to get 800 for the kami

Not true actually. There's a bonus for the crazy people who win 300 battles in a week or whatever it is.

Somebody posted this morning that he just about maxed out all the categories. He'll get like 250 coins plus probably another 500 bonus. Just from week one.

Members
276 posts
498 battles

Not true actually. There's a bonus for the crazy people who win 300 battles in a week or whatever it is.

Somebody posted this morning that he just about maxed out all the categories. He'll get like 250 coins plus probably another 500 bonus. Just from week one.

Which seems odd...

Why would you create an event with a ship that most top players should already have....:hmm:

[GLF]
Members
1,384 posts
24,712 battles

Which seems odd...

Why would you create an event with a ship that most top players should already have....:hmm:

It does grant a distinctly better camo though.  

I am kindof afraid of getting the camo however, because it will make it harder to want to play fujin and greenkami at less of a bonus :)

[X-PN]
Beta Testers
792 posts
13,573 battles

The MVP bonus only applies to the top players of each category at the end of the event. It's not a weekly reward.