Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadow_1964

Torp Island

27 comments in this topic

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

I thought this happened to me before, but I brushed it off as complete nonsense. But now I know. I just got torpedoed by an ISLAND. I SAW it with my own eyes........... And no, there wasn't a plane anywhere near me. OR a sneaky DD. I saw the torps come out of the island. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't know whether to curse profusely or laugh. Actually, I laughed while I was cursing profusely. I want an Island- maybe a tier 6 or 8. Maybe even a 5. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

De-synch. Weird stuff happens.

I once had my ship stop and I could still see the battle. After my ship died, it took off and ran away from my position. It's still sailing out there today... a ghost ship. :ohmy:

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,102 battles

Let me guess.  You don't have replays enabled?

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

Let me guess.  You don't have replays enabled?

Lol. No one ever does when the weirdness happens. Like that time I saw a Yeti but had no camera handy.

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

De-synch. Weird stuff happens.

I once had my ship stop and I could still see the battle. After my ship died, it took off and ran away from my position. It's still sailing out there today... a ghost ship. :ohmy:

​Cool! Maybe it can't be sunk. Shells and torps just go right through it! And Blackbeard moons everyone from the mizzen mast.......

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

No. How do you do that?

Educated guess on his part, based on many previous instances of people seeing weird things (e.g. detonations with flag, carriers dropping torpedoes onto an island and killing someone, etc.)

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

Educated guess on his part, based on many previous instances of people seeing weird things (e.g. detonations with flag, carriers dropping torpedoes onto an island and killing someone, etc.)

​So, such occurrences are actually kinda normal? I'm NOT insane? Yet?

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

So, such occurrences are actually kinda normal? I'm NOT insane? Yet?

Its normal for people to not have replayes enabled when that weird stuff happens. No replay = no proof. 

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

Its normal for people to not have replayes enabled when that weird stuff happens. No replay = no proof. 

​And naturally, once I figure out how and enable replay, it will never happen again. And for the record, I could care less about proving it, I already KNOW what I saw. What I'm interested in is- has this happened to anyone else?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Finally WG is doing something to stop battleships from island camping.

Members
265 posts
5,991 battles

Once, I encountered a ghost island and was almost torpedoed through it. I didn't have replays on, but I did screen cap it.

My reticle is hovering over the apparition in question.

29muezn.jpg

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles

He was asking how to enable replays....

For the OP - a link to the instructions is here...  http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/123282-problem-enabling-replays/

I have had times that torps ran out before they got to me but if I turn and look to the other side of the ship I can see the trails of the torps past my ship.  Maybe the same type of thing happening...

Edited by CylonRed

Members
899 posts
4,261 battles

He was asking how to enable replays....

For the OP - a link to the instructions is here...  http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/123282-problem-enabling-replays/

I have had times that torps ran out before they got to me but if I turn and look to the other side of the ship I can see the trails of the torps past my ship.  Maybe the same type of thing happening...

Thank you, Cylon!
Edited by Shadow_1964

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

Clearly you were in a game with a tester trying out the new Submarine.  I heard they are not including them on the player list as well to add to the realism of not knowing they are even there.

[FEM]
Members
265 posts
16,470 battles

I have had torps continue on through islands and beyond the map border before. It was weird to watch after I was sunk

Sign in to follow this