You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zim_Xero

Dunkerque nerfed?

26 comments in this topic

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

• In concert with the French Cruiser release and Dunkerque going on sale in the tech tree,  the minor release notes stated this:

•  
  •  
  • Dunkerque: adjusted conning tower aft bulkhead armor from 300mm to 250mm

Nerf or Insignificant?

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

As insignificant as it gets. The conning tower on actual ships is where the command staff and admiralty were stationed during battles to keep them safe. In the game itself, it serves zero purpose.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

As insignificant as it gets. The conning tower on actual ships is where the command staff and admiralty were stationed during battles to keep them safe. In the game itself, it serves zero purpose.

:great: Literally this. Nothing is ever hitting the conning tower typically in-game, so it's throughly irrelevant to our ship in combat.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles

A nerf so insignificant I wonder why they bothered.

47JxR59.jpg

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

One could theoretically get pens easier in that spot.  Assuming you can hit it, which would be pure luck.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

Perhaps a pen on the conning tower should disable your captain skills? :hmm:

Eeeeennteresting...

[LMNA]
Members
531 posts
6,862 battles

Unless they moved the citadel to the conning tower, which would be stupid, this means nothing.

Edited by Zero_Kelvin

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Your a Dunkers, why would you rear end be exposed to the enemy anyways? There aren't any main guns back there!

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Perhaps a pen on the conning tower should disable your captain skills? :hmm:

Hmmm. I've never thought of that. I've thought of it counting as a hit to the citadel, but not as disabling your captain skills. It's worth musing about, I guess.

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

Your a Dunkers, why would you rear end be exposed to the enemy anyways? There aren't any main guns back there!

Because letting a naive underaged ship a full dose of secondary goodness is fun?

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Because letting a naive underaged ship a full dose of secondary goodness is fun?

While I admit to having gotten a secondary kill in just a handful of Dunkers games, I can't really praise them too much. They're not especially remarkable by any means.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I'm wondering the same thing.

Historical accuracy, I guess?
  • Cool 1

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I'm wondering the same thing.

Testing the waters to see if the community accepts slight nerfs to premium ships for the upcoming future. This thread is indicative that the community is fine with it.

"adjusted " Subtle, WG, very subtle.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

Testing the waters to see if the community accepts slight nerfs to premium ships for the upcoming future. This thread is indicative that the community is fine with it.

"adjusted " Subtle, WG, very subtle.

Perhaps but why though? Is the Dunk doing so well that it needs a nerf? 

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

95% certain it's a historical accuracy thing. Not really anything to do with gameplay. 

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

Seems a bit random for just "historical accuracy" after all, how many threads are made a day about historical innaccuracies over USN BB armor?

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

Seems a bit random for just "historical accuracy" after all, how many threads are made a day about historical innaccuracies over USN BB armor?

Meh. I'm betting a Dev noticed that the conning tower armor was slightly off, and randomly decided to correct it. There's probably no deeper meaning here, besides whimsy. It could also be that someone noticed it, and that it bothered him/her enough to change the conning tower armor to reflect reality.  

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Stick to the formula:

Non-USN ship armor error? Fixed for historical accuracy.

Massive USN armor error? Seems like balance to me comrad.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Hmm... If it were insignificant it would not be worth allocating the resources to "adjust" it.... not until the worldwide communities were in an uproar about it. 

Members
858 posts
1,811 battles

Well, it is insignificant enough that I could see this happening:

WG employee 1:  "Hey boss, I happened to notice an error on Dunkerque's armor today.  The back side of the conning tower is X mm too thick, and it's bugging my OCPD-ness. Mind if I fix it?"

WG Boss 1:  "Huh?  Oh, ... yeah, that won't affect anything.  If you fix that on your lunch break, you can make the next build.  Knock yourself out."