Blademaster95

French Cruisers

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

58 posts in this topic

The French Cruiser line is doing okay so far.  Hop onto a site like this and do a search for 1 week (how long the update has been out, i.e. released on Apr 18), and check things out tier by tier.  There is no bottom feeding French Cruiser so far.  The problem however is sample size as you go up the tiers.  Not many battles except for the low and mid tiers.  We'll get a clearer picture as the weeks go by in how they really stand.

So far, in terms of Damage average and Win Rate %, this is how the French Cruisers stand for their tiers after 1 week of release:

Tier I Bougainville - Okay I lied the French Crusier line has a Bottom Feeder and it's their Tier I ship.  Her damage average is stupidly bad.  The only Tier I that can't break 50% WR.  But then again, so many are playing her right now that they are basically feeding off each other.  Probably screws up her numbers.

Tier II Jurien - In an okay spot, she's in the upper half of the list as well as sporting respectable WR%.

Tier III Friant - She's average.

Tier IV Duguay-Trouin - Respectable WR% and eclipsed only by the ultra rare Iwaki Alpha for damage average.  Doing pretty well.

Tier V Emile Bertin - Decent WR%, 1 of 3 Cruisers of the tier to break 30k damage average.

Tier VI La Galissonierre - She's average.

Tier VII Algerie - Good WR%, beaten only by Flint and Belfast.  Has good damage average, again beaten by only Flint and Belfast.  These three are the only Cruisers of the tier to average at least 40k damage.

Tier VIII Charles Martel - Highest WR% so far of Tier VIII Cruisers, surpassing even Mikhail Kutuzov.  2nd only to Mikhail Kutuzov but is close in average damage.  MK averages 59k, CM averages 57k.  These are the only 2 Cruisers of Tier VIII to average past 50k damage.

Tier IX Saint-Louis - Best WR% and the only Tier IX Cruiser averaging at least 60k damage.

Tier X Henri IV - Hey, I'm not using her dreaded nickname because this is a sort of celebration for her.  In WR%, she is in the bottom half with HIndenburg and Des Moines but middle of the pack overall.  In damage she is in the realm of Moskva and Zao, i.e. that's good.

Again, I stress that stats will stabilize with more weeks as more people climb up the tiers and play these things more.  More battles played and we see a better set of averages.  Right now, the French Cruisers drop off in battles played starting with Algerie at Tier VII who is barely over 1k battles.  The VIII-X ones have wayyyy less battles than even Algerie.  So with few battles there's way too much leeway in the hands of fewer players.

But for me, the very early, 1 week word is the French Cruiser line is looking decent so far.  Tier I Bougainville is the bottom feeder of the entire line and the rest are at least okay.  The line seems to be like RN Cruisers in that they really pick up after a certain point.  Tier VII seems to be that threshold, whereas for RN CLs it was Tier VI.  So far.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

I love her. Created a custom skin for her, representing La Gloire in 1943.

La%20Galissioniere.png

Whaou !!!

Please, where can I download this skin ???

I'm sorry for bringing down Henri IV's performance stats (33.33% :D).  I'm still getting used to her over Zao and Hindenburg.

I think I have the idea now; rather than trying to be Moskva at range, I should getting a bit closer and just tear heaping chunks of HP off ships.

She still feels a bit squishy than Hindenburg or Zao for some reason though, despite her size.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Whaou !!!

Please, where can I download this skin ???

I would be honored to send it to you. Just send me a private message and tell me where to email it. I have used your mod for as long as I have played WoWs, so you asking for a skin I created is awesome +D

I also built one for the Charles Martel, which I would be glad to provide, as well. After experimenting a bit I figured out how to create the skins for both ships, without having to repaint the turrets, which are shared with other ships.

New%20Picture%205.png

Edited by USNA_76

Very beautiful Charles Martel !!!

My idea is to use your Galissoniere's skin to transform it into a type 5 camouflage for my mod. Are you agree with that ?

Of course. I would be honored. 

Edited by USNA_76

You are most welcome. I sent you two versions for Galissioniere and one for Charles Martel.

You are most welcome. I sent you two versions for Galissioniere and one for Charles Martel.

I receive it. Thanks.

I will try to transform your Galissoniere's skin tomorrow.

Perhaps I will add some grey patterns like that. But before, I need to know if these grey patterns are historical.

CL%20Gloire%201940.png

Edited by Wawan25

I'm sorry for bringing down Henri IV's performance stats (33.33% :D).  I'm still getting used to her over Zao and Hindenburg.

I think I have the idea now; rather than trying to be Moskva at range, I should getting a bit closer and just tear heaping chunks of HP off ships.

She still feels a bit squishy than Hindenburg or Zao for some reason though, despite her size.

The belt is rather low. I think belt should be raised to provide more effective armor against HE, but that means raising the citadel...

Salut Wanwan,

The T9 cruiser is an monster, he didn't have utilitary but is great damage dealer like  IJN ship.

Salut Marcanzi  !!!

Thanks you for this marvellous picture !!!

It's hard to see if gray patterns existed. But I can see a big difference between gun (white) and deck house (grey).

If you look closely, you will see the very small amount of gray on the prow, directly below the jack-staff. I may be a retired United States Naval Officer with 27.5 years of active duty service, but I love my French Cruisers and the tradition of cooperation and a love of liberty that is shared by our two countries! o7:medal:

Edited by USNA_76

Thank you.

French love liberty !!! YES !!!

About the grey shape below the jack-staff, I think it's a shadow ?

The limit is not clear.

PS: sorry for my poor english ...

I average about 10 K damage with my T5, always up tiered to t5-7 matches. Today lots of 3 to 7k damage totals. Either hide or play, so I go out there and don't last long in it. Much better play in my T6 Cleveland. Just played a match and did 67K damage with it, lost about 5 k health.

Edited by Ericson38

I have worked my way up to the T6, and while the sample size is fairly small I have yet to be able to make the French line work for me.  The shells just seem unreliable to me - AP is so-so and I have had the HE shatter on a broadside DD (wish I had saved the replay).  They are unreliable as fire starters and I feel like they need to start fires to turn in decent damage numbers.  I keep trying with them to see if I can find something that will work with these, but I haven't hit on it yet.

I  have it.....

Compared to Cleveland, very low DMG output. Pretty, though. Engine boost puts it to about Cleve speeds, AA will never be Cleve grade.

Why does the T6 have such low stock speed? Like the speed boost is supposed to make you faster than other cruisers - not make you as fast as other cruisers. LOL. What is great about the speed boost is it allows you to do some great throttle work around islands to stealth-fire.

Why does the T6 have such low stock speed? Like the speed boost is supposed to make you faster than other cruisers - not make you as fast as other cruisers. LOL. What is great about the speed boost is it allows you to do some great throttle work around islands to stealth-fire.

That's the thing with French Cruisers.  It's like WG balanced the line as if they had Engine Boost running, not without it.  Hell I remember Notser commenting about that while playing HIV, but the ship has been buffed since.  Regardless, this is a recurring, actual theme for French Cruisers.  Algerie, Charles Martel handle like pigs without Engine Boost.  Only with that consumable active do they sail any decently. Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

That's the thing with French Cruisers.  It's like WG balanced the line as if they had Engine Boost running, not without it.  Hell I remember Notser commenting about that while playing HIV, but the ship has been buffed since.  Regardless, this is a recurring, actual theme for French Cruisers.  Algerie, Charles Martel handle like pigs without Engine Boost.  Only with that consumable active do they sail any decently.

That's why the engine boost mod 1 is a great thing to have. 4:30  running time.

Some games, no damage at all (T6-8). Try your engine boost against the T6 Perth popping smoke. Game is over for you. In fact, once set on fire with HE, Perth works on other targets while you burn and cant return fire.
Edited by Ericson38

The new camouflage type 5 for  La Galissonière :

4smxwo.jpg

I'm definitely loving the Emile Bertin right now.

One of the fastest cruisers in the game, good torpedoes, good guns, good AA.

The only negative I can think is her armor and rudder shift.

Other than that, she's a gud bote.