You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_Amagi

Tirpitz/Mogami Hell

45 comments in this topic

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Yeah yeah, the French Line is also being released.

BUT! It won't be just them that the game will be filled with in the coming weeks. No siree, no. It will be the dawn of the Mogami and the Tirpitz! Expect to see 2-3 Mogamis, or 2-3 Tirpitz per game, at tiers 6-10. :child:

As many of you know, the Mogami will be able to spin those 155's at 25~ seconds! With IFHE and flags, that 10% fire chance per shell. At 10 seconds reload, that's about 1.5x fires per volley! And IFHE will ensure a constant stream of 10k damage salvos. Scary. :ohmy:

Further, the Tirpitz is getting a huge buff in secondaries. Bismarck-level secondaries! But that's not all. Through third party website offers, the Tirpitz is at 50% discount! Expect many players to buy into the buff hype, not just a bargain. :coin:

Who cares about a measly new ship line, when two of the biggest monsters are making a comeback?! :popcorn:

Edited by Excield

[VVV]
Members
341 posts

Through third party website offers, the Tirpitz is at 50% discount!

It had limited numbers. The dozen or two they sold will have no effect.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

I have the valid excuse that I'm actually doing the Mogami grind at the moment :)

But yeah, gonna be a gazillion Mogami & Torpitzes out there to start :(

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

I have the valid excuse that I'm actually doing the Mogami grind at the moment :)

But yeah, gonna be a gazillion Mogami & Torpitzes out there to start :(

Don't worry my Ryujo has been hard at work taking out those Tirpitz running around lol when players are spamming those ships I swoop in to give them some gives delivered by planes... :trollface:

Have seen some players running Tirpitz that obviously had no clue how to use her and they are easy to Torpedo broadside and only takes couple full air waves to sink those if they don't have the proper Captain skills to shoot me down  or the skills as a player to be able to dodge most or all my Torpedoes. But at least such players are giving me a ton of XP lol.

A good BB Captain will dodge all or maybe just get hit with 1 of the Torpedoes out of the 8 dropped and usually cost me some planes too.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Don't worry my Ryujo has been hard at work taking out those Tirpitz running around lol when players are spamming those ships I swoop in to give them some gives delivered by planes... :trollface:

Have seen some players running Tirpitz that obviously had no clue how to use her and they are easy to Torpedo broadside and only takes couple full air waves to sink those if they don't have the proper Captain skills to shoot me down  or the skills as a player to be able to dodge most or all my Torpedoes. But at least such players are giving me a ton of XP lol.

I never feared T6/7 CV's on my Tirpitz. It has decent AA to counter those. What IS scary, though, are T8+ CV's... :amazed:

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

Yeah yeah, the French Line is also being released.

BUT! It won't be just them that the game will be filled with in the coming weeks. No siree, no. It will be the dawn of the Mogami and the Tirpitz! Expect to see 2-3 Mogamis, or 2-3 Tirpitz per game, at tiers 6-10. :child:

As many of you know, the Mogami will be able to spin those 155's at 25~ seconds! With IFHE and flags, that 10% fire chance per shell. At 10 seconds reload, that's about 1.5x fires per volley! And IFHE will ensure a constant stream of 10k damage salvos. Scary. :ohmy:

Further, the Tirpitz is getting a huge buff in secondaries. Bismarck-level secondaries! But that's not all. Through third party website offers, the Tirpitz is at 50% discount! Expect many players to buy into the buff hype, not just a bargain. :coin:

Who cares about a measly new ship line, when two of the biggest monsters are making a comeback?! :popcorn:

The good mogami players weren't really affected all that much by the turret traverse tbh, it's not hard to position yourself so you dont need to be turning the turrets.

Only place it'll help is the more aggressive play, but that kind of play often ends in a blaze of glory when that weak citadel takes a few too many. I don't think we'll see that many more mogamis tbh.

I never feared T6/7 CV's on my Tirpitz. It has decent AA to counter those. What IS scary, though, are T8+ CV's... :amazed:

^ That, for them to take advantage of the secondary buff you can bet that they'll be running AFT and BFT, those tier 6 planes wont last, you'll probably lose half your torp bombers before they even drop, and a few more on the way out.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Not to worry I just just researched the tier 7 so will not be too much longer lol. And I am not your average tier 6 BB player, Ai take the time to organize my squadrons and use Good attack patterns, at least on any stragglers that stray from the groups they should be in. If you have specced your ship well and sail in a group I will not be devasting to you and usually have to wait until your thinned out. Always targets I can hit so never a need to go charging into heaviest AA defense formations. :)

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

The good mogami players weren't really affected all that much by the turret traverse tbh, it's not hard to position yourself so you dont need to be turning the turrets.

Oh trust me, no one with a common sense would've used 38 second rotation turrets on a squishy and clumsy light cruiser. But those able people with common sense, AND those wanting to play a powerful ship will start playing the Mogami way more after this patch... Hell, it might even make it as a staple choice for competitive matches.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

I honestly care more about 155-Mogami and Tirpitz buffs than the French Cruiser line.  Nothing in that line has enticed me.

• Cool 1

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Oh trust me, no one with a common sense would've used 38 second rotation turrets on a squishy and clumsy light cruiser. But those able people with common sense, AND those wanting to play a powerful ship will start playing the Mogami way more after this patch... Hell, it might even make it as a staple choice for competitive matches.

Yeah I have seen one of those be last ship left alive and my team had like 8-10 ships left on it and that lone Mogami was a handful to deal with since he would spam some good fire and then go behind an island and vanish them appear some place else and do same thing so we had to stretch our forces out in long line and comb through to find him since map was well suited to him sneaking around since it was one of the maps with decent size islands and zillion smaller ones, perfect for cruisers and DDs.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Unless you're me; someone RNG obviously hates; because it seems like I'm firing water bottles instead of gas cans when it comes to starting fires.

100 HE hits from a Cleveland? 2 - 3 fires.

I average more fires with fewer hits per battle with my dive bombers...

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

I honestly care more about 155-Mogami and Tirpitz buffs than the French Cruiser line.  Nothing in that line has enticed me.

Lol same here to be honest only thing that comes to mind is potential to seal club the new ships since AA appears weak and do dies their armor so CVs and surface ships will have a field  day 

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

Oh trust me, no one with a common sense would've used 38 second rotation turrets on a squishy and clumsy light cruiser.

Wait.... are you saying I have no common sense!?

I never got the 8 inch guns on my Mogami :\

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I think I'm one of the only players in the game who isn't happy for either the Mogami or the Tirpitz being buffed.

Tirpitz was fine and didn't need to be improved, and as for the Mog - those 155s got the bejesus nerfed out of them for a reason(something like 4 times over 20 months before they were finally made to be not insanely overpowered). The ship was insanely overpowered with them. Now they are back to where they were in the bad old days, except instead of a marginally useful ability to stealth fire (which was admittedly exceedingly annoying and meant that a good Mogami player was virtually invincible, but at least required a pretty decent driver to maintain the discipline and so on) they now have the utterly bullshlt combo if 6" IFHE with really good fire chance. They'll be back to burning every single person on earth to a charred lump of twisted metal from the fires, but they'll also be HE penning with every goddamn shot now because IJN HE and CL HE spam in particular is known to be extremely weak and needed to get improved.

Edited by Captain_Dorja
  • Cool 1

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

Anyone who claims tirpitz was fine can't see the yawning gap between the bismark and the tirpitz. Torps will never make up for better AA, better secondaries and better defenses in the form of hydro. I will agree however that the secondary buff was TOO much. 6 km would have been perfectly fine as a base. 

• Cool 1

Members
429 posts
13,027 battles

Or if you want spam HE you get Cleveland, but is little less powerfull than Mogami,

What is a best ship between Cleveland and  Mogami ?

Members
12 posts
7,913 battles

The increase number of Mogami is a double edged sword for the BBs. It's gonna be fckin annoying being spammed with those 155s but its a big juicy floating Cit if u are able to hit them.

[-K--]
Members
663 posts
7,529 battles

I've been looking for excuses to take my Bismarck out again, but I couldn't pass up on that Tirpitz. Now I can keep my 19 point captain on the FDG and turn the Tirpitz into a Bismarck. I'll wait for the hype to die down at least. 

[YARRR]
Members
735 posts
5,955 battles

I'll be bringing my Mogami out of dry dock now a bit more.

I've always liked the Japanese cruisers, long before I ever played them in a video game, and still play my lower tier CLs quite a bit, but now I have better reason to bring the Mogami out again.

It is a difficult ship to play because of the tough environment she lives in. 15 and 16 inch guns erase it pretty easily, but when you have a good match in her it makes up for all the uptier pain you live with in an IJN "CL".

Edited by ElAurens

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I think I'm one of the only players in the game who isn't happy for either the Mogami or the Tirpitz being buffed.

Tirpitz was fine and didn't need to be improved, and as for the Mog - those 155s got the bejesus nerfed out of them for a reason(something like 4 times over 20 months before they were finally made to be not insanely overpowered). The ship was insanely overpowered with them. Now they are back to where they were in the bad old days, except instead of a marginally useful ability to stealth fire (which was admittedly exceedingly annoying and meant that a good Mogami player was virtually invincible, but at least required a pretty decent driver to maintain the discipline and so on) they now have the utterly bullshlt combo if 6" IFHE with really good fire chance. They'll be back to burning every single person on earth to a charred lump of twisted metal from the fires, but they'll also be HE penning with every goddamn shot now because IJN HE and CL HE spam in particular is known to be extremely weak and needed to get improved.

Since when was the turret traverse the reason the Mogami was considered overpowered? The ship got nerfed because of its AFT enhanced range, which gave it an insanely large stealth-fire window, and BFT enhanced RoF - not because its turrets turned to fast. Such a huge turret traverse nerf was not necessarily to make the ship balanced, nor was it justified. If you think giving the Mogami better turret traverse will turn it back to the old Mogami with 19.km range, 4 kilometers of stealth-fire, and 9 second reload, your judgement is being compromised by your bias against the ship.

Also, it is not true that Mogami has a "really good fire chance". It only has 10%, compared to the 12% found on other light cruisers like the Chapayev and Cleveland. Since all three ships fire 90 shells per minute, overall, the Mogami actually has a below average fire starting capability. Meanwhile, the Mogami's turret traverse is still poor by light cruiser standards, and it also has the lowest gun range of the T8 cruisers with the exception of the Edinburgh. 

I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that you should at least get your facts straight if you're going to complain and exaggerate so much. 

Edited by Aduial

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Since when was the turret traverse the reason the Mogami was considered overpowered? The ship got nerfed because of its AFT enhanced range, which gave it an insanely large stealth-fire window, and BFT enhanced RoF - not because its turrets turned to fast. Such a huge turret traverse nerf was not necessarily to make the ship balanced, nor was it justified. If you think giving the Mogami better turret traverse will turn it back to the old Mogami with 19.km range, 4 kilometers of stealth-fire, and 9 second reload, your judgement is being compromised by your bias against the ship.

Also, it is not true that Mogami has a "really good fire chance". It only has 10%, compared to the 12% found on other light cruisers like the Chapayev and Cleveland. Since all three ships fire 90 shells per minute, overall, the Mogami actually has a below average fire starting capability. Meanwhile, the Mogami's turret traverse is still poor by light cruiser standards, and it also has the lowest gun range of the T8 cruisers with the exception of the Edinburgh. 

I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that you should at least get your facts straight if you're going to complain and exaggerate so much. 

Yeah, old Mogami was way too OP. Now that OWSF isn't a thing, and that turret traverse isn't an issue anymore, we're just talking about reliable HE spam at 15.7km. We'll see how things turn out!