KalishniKat

Upper Tier Jerks

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

98 posts in this topic

Why are you trying so hard to make him out to be the issue?

I think we found the dead MO driver that was yelling at the OP

*not You, Hiroe, but the guy you were replying to. Internets don't make that clear.

Edited by Noone_You_Know

You don't understand. He has refused to admit that he did anything wrong at all. Instead, he thinks he was right to shoot the carrier and that the guy who yelled at him was wrong. And yet, the more we find out about the actual situation them more we find out that he indeed most likely was playing the battleship very wrong and deserved the yelling that he got. This isn't about trying to point out his mistakes. It is about trying to get him, and everyone else, to stop seeing himself as the victim here and admit that he indeed probably caused the entire episode to begin with. 

I understand completely. Perhaps,just perhaps he didn't do anything wrong.

Now that would be a novel approach to the OP's post.

Regards

Mike

Yes he does, you just did not read between the lines. Here is what he said:

"Why would I ask if I did something wrong? I'm in the slowest ship on the team by a long shot. I have an Iowa facing me how on at about 18km and a Saipan showing be her broadside at 12km. It took 2 salvos, 1 minute, to sink it with a citadel on first salvo. So, I should NOT have killed it? I should have vainly tried to keep up with the rest of the fleet who left me behind?  I'm not a BB baby who hides at extreme range. So, the whole dressing down by a jerk in a MO who was already sunk seemed quite dooshy.  Anyhoo that's my 2 cents..Ymmv."

The Iowa was 18 km away from him he says. He also says that the rest of the team, "Left him in the dust". Obviously they were up front fighting the Iowa and wanted him to help them. But instead, he says he was only 12 km away from the carrier and focused the carrier down instead of helping the rest of the team fight another battleship. Now where do carriers go? I am betting that if he was 12 km away from a carrier then he was at most only 3 squares away from the extreme edge of the map, close to a carrier. He refuses to show a replay that defends his actions. Instead, he most likely did everything wrong while playing a battleship and refuses to even acknowledge that possibility. Instead he demands to be painted as the victim of verbal abuse instead of the player that caused the entire frustration of his own team by his own actions.

No one was fighting the Iowa, I was left because I make 20 knots tops in my 2nd time out base stock Colorado, I continued to engage the Iowa after I sank the carrier, I eventually got deleted by a Fletcher. But, you go ahead and read between the lines all you want, you seem to have a talent for writing fiction. Oh, and I was actually firmly in "B", I don't know why the enemy CV was so close but he paid. Any more assumptions you want to discuss??? Also, almost forgot, I wasn't the sole recipient of the MO drivers abuse, he thought the entire team was beneath his lofty standards.

Edited by KalishniKat

No one was fighting the Iowa, I was left because I make 20 knots tops in my 2nd time out base stock Colorado, I continued to engage the Iowa after I sank the carrier, I eventually got deleted by a Fletcher. But, you go ahead and read between the lines all you want, you seem to have a talent for writing fiction. Oh, and I was actually firmly in "B", I don't know why the enemy CV was so close but he paid. Any more assumptions you want to discuss???

like I said, show the replay

I would have no idea how to do that at this point. Not that I have anything to prove to you. Chose to believe what you want, my suspicion is you are one of those players who think his excrement doesn't stink so I'm done talking to you.

Edited by KalishniKat

Lol got your stats set to private. I think i know the reason people are not happy with you.

Stats set to private=/=bad player. 

I would have no idea how to do that at this point.

Do you play on Windows? If so, just do this

Once enabled, you don't have to do anything other than maintain the replays folder. 

I would have no idea how to do that at this point.

You'd have to have them enabled manually. There is a guide on how to do it, and it's quite fun to go back and watch some battles, but really more useful for self-review, YouTubers, or watching replays uploaded to WoWsReplays.com.

Honestly though, just stop replying to Roune, you've already won, and you're not going to convince him by any logic and reason that you did the right thing.

You're such an odd individual. 

OP made an observation (a rather common one). You then make accusations and demand that the recipient of your accusations acquit himself via replay? 

It's like accusing me of murder and demanding that I prove my innocence. In the absence of ANY evidence for EITHER verdict, you just assume I'm guilty. 

Trolls gotta troll I guess. 

KkgrmwI.gif

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

I am average most days but I am still not I am not adverse to some poor chat, mostly when a team is doing everything it can to lose a game that I thought was won, but then I try to recall the times I have made some really stupid decisions and contributed jack. That fails to help if I am honest, we all get frustrating days and sometimes you just can't help but be vocal, poor players are more vocal because they probably have more frustrating days.

You're such an odd individual. 

OP made an observation (a rather common one). You then make accusations and demand that the recipient of your accusations acquit himself via replay? 

It's like accusing me of murder and demanding that I prove my innocence. In the absence of ANY evidence for EITHER verdict, you just assume I'm guilty. 

Trolls gotta troll I guess. 

KkgrmwI.gif

I took that stance because without providing any evidence at all he painted the picture that he was doing everything right and there was no cause at all for the other player to yell at him for shooting the carrier and not something else. The OP did not explain the situation at all and at this point I doubt that what he is saying is actually what happened since it has taken many pages for him to slowing paint a picture and that picture now has conflicting statements in it.

You all are assuming that the OP did nothing wrong. I am assuming that because someone yelled at him, and because he complains that people yell at him a lot that he indeed IS doing many things wrong in his play. But you assume that people yell at him a lot for no reason whatsoever.

Yes Wombat, everyone must be yelling at him because he is a perfect player who hid his stats and never does anything ever wrong. Everyone as he says in the title is just a upper tier jerk. Is that what you expect me to believe? I think you are pandering to the "poor little me he yelled at me" player whining just to win points with safe place crowd. 

Edited by Rounne

This past weekend was classic for chat crap. Playing Kiev in B cap on Trap, teammates dying quickly, HP dropping fast I dump torps a moment before getting sunk by a Neptune. My CV starts jeering at my "unbelievably bad torp spread" and proceeds to tell me how I should have used them. No, I didn't sink the Neptune. No time for anything more than desperation. Before responding to CV I check his stats. Fewer than 300 battles in DDs and overall won rate barely above 50% for DDs. Good CV player but talking out of his rectal aperture.

Konig on Fault Line for n 5-7 match Gniesenau is ranting at me to take a cap. I was rounding an island as fast as possible to do just that while shooting at a Kongo. He's much farther from any cap than I am. Hmmmm... then I figure it out. He's mad I might "steal" his T7 kill of a T5 BB running off to the map edge but he still wants to win. I already had 3 kills and had taken B earlier so just how useful was his "input"?

My favorite: Ai!kizuki on Neighbors standard battle. 4 DDs spread out nicely ahead of fleet. I drop smoke for fleet then go kill Kiev. Move back toward center and closer to enemy base and ships to shoot at. Smoke for BBs again. Say I'm going into base to pull emery back. Sink another DD in Base then get sunk and finally look at chat. Bismarck has been ranting at me for "abandoning him". Here's the best part - he's back IN our base and he's pink. I point out that I sank 2 DDs and smoked for fleet twice. More vitriol.

All that said, I almost always stop and ask myself "does he have a good point?" Sometimes I even apologize for screwing up without being hosed by a teammate.

And sometimes when I delete a red I type "Oops!" all hands chat.

I would have no idea how to do that at this point. Not that I have anything to prove to you. Chose to believe what you want, my suspicion is you are one of those players who think his excrement doesn't stink so I'm done talking to you.

Let me paraphrase your opening statement better for you so that you understand what I see in your post.

"Boo Hoo, everyone at high tiers always yells at me!" Everyone in high tiers is a total jerk. I never do anything wrong and people still yell at me. I want to go to my cave and find my power animal"

Yes, everyone at high tiers MUST just be a jerk as you say. :facepalm: 

It obviously has nothing at all to do with you. Go back to your little safe cave now.

Edited by Rounne

I took that stance because without providing any evidence at all he painted the picture that he was doing everything right and there was no cause at all for the other player to yell at him for shooting the carrier and not something else. The OP did not explain the situation at all and at this point I doubt that what he is saying is actually what happened since it has taken many pages for him to slowing paint a picture and that picture now has conflicting statements in it.

You all are assuming that the OP did nothing wrong. I am assuming that because someone yelled at him, and because he complains that people yell at him a lot that he indeed IS doing many things wrong in his play. But you assume that people yell at him a lot for no reason whatsoever.

Yes Wombat, everyone must be yelling at him because he is a perfect player who hid his stats and never does anything ever wrong. Everyone as he says in the title is just a upper tier jerk. Is that what you expect me to believe? I think you are pandering to the "poor little me he yelled at me" player whining just to win points with safe place crowd. 

I get yelled at on occasion. I must be doing something wrong too. 

Haters gonna hate. 

EDIT: Here's a perfect example

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

let me paraphrase your opening statement better for you so that you understand what I see in your post.

"Boo Hoo, everyone at high tiers always yells at me!" Everyone in high tiers is a total jerk. I never do anything wrong and people still yell at me. I want to go to my cave and find my power animal"

Yes, everyone at high tiers MUST just be a jerk as you say. I obviously has nothing at all to do with you. Go back to your little safe cave now.

Tone it down a little, okay? 

We get it—you feel like OP is whining, and that he must have done something wrong to warrant the words from that Missouri player.

However, I've also been yelled at in situations where I was doing absolutely nothing wrong. It happens.

If you go back to page one, you'll see that most of us were just telling OP to ignore this player.

This is not because that Missouri was unfairly going after OP for something, or even because the Missouri was criticizing him. Hell, I'm all for listening to people, and not discounting anyone's opinion. 

However, in this case, there's a caveat—And really, there's only one reason I'd ever ignore what someone's saying. 

I recommended ignoring the player because of the way the Missouri was doing all this.

If someone feels the need to insult another in order to try and teach a lesson, then whatever they're saying is not worth listening to, in my opinion.   

Edited by RivertheRoyal

I get yelled at on occasion. I must be doing something wrong too. 

Haters gonna hate. 

Hey, I only yelled at you because you kept eating all the food. I was Hungry, you know what happens when I don't get my snickers!

:hiding:

I'd pay WG 100 bucks to see no higher than Tier 7 in a Tier 7...

Just to get this straight, you're offering to pay money so you're always top tier?

LOL!

The one and only thing that gets under my skin is when a player on the enemy team has a nice match and proceeds to go in all chat to gloat.

"150k damage 5 kills we totally slaughtered them"

That is dooshbaggery at it's worst IMO, keep those comments in your team chat sheesh. If any of you reading this is guilty of it, please stop, no one on the other team is admiring you, they all think ur a pendejo.

Yeah.. If I push your crap in, I'm gonna gloat. If you don't like it, play better.

push my crap in...sounds like something guys do to other guys in prison. Not judging you tho to each his own. Gloat away. 

I think we found the dead MO driver that was yelling at the OP

*not You, Hiroe, but the guy you were replying to. Internets don't make that clear.

It's a possibility. It would explain where his animosity came from.

Excellent decision.

Edited by Hiroe

push my crap in...sounds like something guys do to other guys in prison. Not judging you tho to each his own. Gloat away. 

Why were you in prison?

In general, the higher tiers does have bigger jerks than lower tiers. Will you find this in all games, no, each game is different, but in general its this way.

Having played several on-line games this one is actually mild compared to some of the others.