KalishniKat

Upper Tier Jerks

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

98 posts in this topic

Top tier does not = anymore pressure than low tiers. How the game affects people is different for everyone.

I don't know anyone that doesn't want to do well. A player who may not be as good at the game as another, should not have that used as a measure of how much they want to win. :amazed:

@Kalishnikat: some people are very good at this game, unfortunately it may be one of the few things they are good at. It becomes something very important to some, it makes them feel good about themselves. Of course this doesn't include all good players, but try and understand those poor individuals who measure their value through the game. :(

I am sorry but you can't be more wrong. Success is not an event, but a process. As earl nightingale explains in his series "Lead The Field" successful people often go from one field of success to another because being successful is a process of attitude, discipline, determination, planning, and all the other factors that make anyone successful at anything they choose. People who are good at the game are often good at many games, as well, they are often good at whatever they choose to spend the time on. Why? Because success is not based on RNG.

Instead, it is the "poor individuals" who never try to break through their own barriers and simply accept whatever life dictates to them that never rise above mediocrity no matter what they choose to do with their time. These people often measure success by simply paying the bills and not being dead. I feel sad for people who think that performing to a casual, average, level in what they do should be the goal. The casual player argument is nothing but the defense mechanism of the weak minded, selfish, and lazy people who feel no responsibility at all to anyone else in a team based multiplayer game. Play solitair if you want to be a casual player who doesn't care about performance or the win. To join a multiplayer game and not care about doing well only shows that you don't belong at all in a multiplayer team environment. 

I am sorry but you can't be more wrong. Success is not an event, but a process. As earl nightingale explains in his series "Lead The Field" successful people often go from one field of success to another because being successful is a process of attitude, discipline, determination, planning, and all the other factors that make anyone successful at anything they choose. People who are good at the game are often good at many games, as well, they are often good at whatever they choose to spend the time on. Why? Because success is not based on RNG.

Instead, it is the "poor individuals" who never try to break through their own barriers and simply accept whatever life dictates to them that never rise above mediocrity no matter what they choose to do with their time. These people often measure success by simply paying the bills and not being dead. I feel sad for people who think that performing to a casual, average, level in what they do should be the goal. The casual player argument is nothing but the defense mechanism of the weak minded, selfish, and lazy people who feel no responsibility at all to anyone else in a team based multiplayer game. Play solitair if you want to be a casual player who doesn't care about performance or the win. To join a multiplayer game and not care about doing well only shows that you don't belong at all in a multiplayer team environment.

success IS a process, but success may be defined different ways, and by different standards, by different players. you state that the game is a multiplayer team environment; I challenge your definition as working for every player. while the game may be that way for YOU, for others it may be nothing more than someplace to come, relax, enjoy releasing some stress by blowing things up, and having that little bit of joy cost a reasonable amount of money. by your standards, that person not only has no business playing (whether he can pay or not), but is actually detrimental to the game for "REAL" players like you.

I'm personally very sorry if I messed your gaming experience up, and I will be happy to not play any more, as soon as WoW asks me to personally.

Till then I think that I'll just keep giving them my quarters, and taking my chances, and clogging up the game for all you poor, underappreciated superplayers.

and it must really suck that you just have to live with that, huh?

(success!)

Edited by Umikami

Disabling the player's text works great. I use it often when I find someone to be annoying.

I am sorry you couldn't be more wrong. Where have I said success is an event, not a process? In fact I haven't even ventured into that area of discussion.

Wanting to do well in a competition is something I would expect most to want to do. People can be good at many games, or just one. If you think that is an incorrect statement, then again you are wrong (or 'couldn't be more wrong').

I also haven't stated success is based on RNG; so again, you are wrong.

May I suggest if you wish to comment about someone being wrong, at least talk to what they were discussing. I have no problem if you have words of wisdom to bestow, but introducing something new? Keep to the facts.

Even your last sentence: To join a multiplayer and not care about doing well..... You do realise I already stated most people want to do well in game. You seem to be saying if you want to do well, then you can, well as Umikami stated, it's all about how the individual perceives he does well.

Edited by _WaveRider_

What a complete load of [edited].

Get off your high horse.

How the [edited]do you get off judging what people are like in real life, based on a video game ffs..

Er...Hehe? 

W7NrGFk.gif

I mean, to be fair, it was only three times...

(Addition, since I feel like justifying myself a little more. All three were prompted by some sort of verbal abuse from a red player.) 

No justification needed. Talking a little bit of smack is fun sometimes.

Playing Kiev the other day. I evicted a red Benson from his (fresh) smoke and killed him. I then proceeded into all chat, and asked him how long his smoke was good for.

A clan mate the proceeded to say "So, this is why you only have a 30 karma."

And I am sure that you as well are a super unicom player that did everything right that game and contributed completely for the win. I mean why else would people ever yell at perfect little you right? And from your post I am guessing here that it happens a lot to you? Well, obviously it must certainly be that everyone else has a problem, a problem that they have whenever they are on a team with you i guess. Go figure that huh?

Are your stats hidden? You tell me how great you did that game that they yelled at you? Were you in the top 3 on your team? Or is there more of a possible reality that you are not the best player in the game and perhaps there are real reasons why everyone gives you flack. Perhaps if you want to actually talk about...

WHY

people are really yelling at you then we might be able to help you fix the....

REAL

things that you may be doing in games that set people off against you to begin with. But obviously you don't really want to talk about true cause and effect do you?

Most of the players that I see yelling and screaming like that are average or less. 

They seem to think they are better than they are. I used to do it all the time. I felt like I was the only one one my team not responsible for the loss. lol.... WRONG.

As I have learned more about the game, I do not rage like that as much anymore.

Getting into a top clan with requirements requires this.

Edited by twitch133

And I am sure that you as well are a super unicom player that did everything right that game and contributed completely for the win. I mean why else would people ever yell at perfect little you right? And from your post I am guessing here that it happens a lot to you? Well, obviously it must certainly be that everyone else has a problem, a problem that they have whenever they are on a team with you i guess. Go figure that huh?

Are your stats hidden? You tell me how great you did that game that they yelled at you? Were you in the top 3 on your team? Or is there more of a possible reality that you are not the best player in the game and perhaps there are real reasons why everyone gives you flack. Perhaps if you want to actually talk about...

WHY

people are really yelling at you then we might be able to help you fix the....

REAL

things that you may be doing in games that set people off against you to begin with. But obviously you don't really want to talk about true cause and effect do you?

So many folks at the upper tier are simply jerks who just want to feel better about themselves by ripping other people who are not as 'good' as they think they are.  Most I have run across do little to help players - they seem to get off on ripping them,

I'm one of those upper tier jerks, i admit it.

You don't have to admit it.

It is painfully obvious.

I'm not saying that he isn't. I am just trying to bring the point home that the only thing he posted about was complaining that people were yelling at him at high tiers. Well the standard logic dictates that they actually had reasons for yelling at him, especially if they do it a lot and a lot at higher tiers. But he didn't post saying, "Did I do something wrong here?". No instead he just denigrated "arrogant" (his words) players who yell at him. Well it is actually pretty arrogant of him to assume that they have no cause or just reason at all to yell at him, especially if it is happening a lot. 

In this post he is the arrogant pot calling the arrogant kettle black. So, I felt like pointing that out. 

imeter1-1.gif~c200

laff.gif~c200

Why would I ask if I did something wrong? I'm in the slowest ship on the team by a long shot. I have an Iowa facing me how on at about 18km and a Saipan showing be her broadside at 12km. It took 2 salvos, 1 minute, to sink it with a citadel on first salvo. So, I should NOT have killed it? I should have vainly tried to keep up with the rest of the fleet who left me behind?  I'm not a BB baby who hides at extreme range. So, the whole dressing down by a jerk in a MO who was already sunk seemed quite dooshy.  Anyhoo that's my 2 cents..Ymmv.

ignore and if the get too rowdy give them bad karma...do not engage with them in chat just let them spew I promise they will piss off more people than just you

Edit - and what gets me is it's usually the guy that's already dead blaming someone else for their failure.

Edited by nina_blain_73

Why would I ask if I did something wrong? I'm in the slowest ship on the team by a long shot. I have an Iowa facing me how on at about 18km and a Saipan showing be her broadside at 12km. It took 2 salvos, 1 minute, to sink it with a citadel on first salvo. So, I should NOT have killed it? I should have vainly tried to keep up with the rest of the fleet who left me behind?  I'm not a BB baby who hides at extreme range. So, the whole dressing down by a jerk in a MO who was already sunk seemed quite dooshy.  Anyhoo that's my 2 cents..Ymmv.

You're right. All the verbal abuse isn't necessary and these types only say what they say to selfishly vent their own frustration at the expense of others. If these types had a genuine interest in "educating" those with fewer battles they wouldn't use insults and degradation. They would use neutral or diplomatic language.

So you now admit that it was pretty much EXACTLY what I figured, that your entire team was in a big fight and instead of helping them out, you decided to shoot the easy shot at the carrier. As well, do you not see that despite you saying that you were "not hiding in the back" you admit that the main fight was far in front of you?

Provide the replay and I bet that I am right and you are wrong about how you SHOULD have been helping your team despite what you think you were doing. Was the dead guy being a jerk? Most likely. Were you really helping the team? Most likely not. 

The reason you don't ask, "What was I doing wrong" is because you don't care about what you were doing wrong. You don't want to know because then you would have to change the way that you play. The reality is that you are utterly selfishly playing a multiplayer team based game with ZERO consideration for actually helping your team out and then complain about everyone else complaining about you.

Like I said, this phenomena is something that YOU experience and I don't. They yell at you, not me, and to you it is a global problem for everyone and not just your problem because of the way that you play. You don't give a damn about what the real issue is that causes people to yell at you, which is the way you play. Instead, because you are utterly selfish in a multiplayer team based game you refuse to even consider the fact that you were not helping out as you should have.

Everyone is NOT getting yelled at in the higher tiers. But certainly, the players that play selfishly and poorly are getting flack a lot. You refuse to even see the possibility that you deserve it. Why? Because it's all about you now isn't it?

Edited by Rounne

I'm one of those upper tier jerks, i admit it.

You don't simply "admit" it. You take pride in it. You think you're so special that you have the right to abuse anyone you want for any reason you want. It's a bad joke.

So you now admit that it was pretty much EXACTLY what I figured, that your entire team was in a big fight and instead of helping them out, you decided to shoot the easy shot at the carrier. As well, do you not see that despite you saying that you were "not hiding in the back" you admit that the main fight was far in front of you?

Provide the replay and I bet that I am right and you are wrong about how you SHOULD have been helping your team despite what you think you were doing. Was the dead guy being a jerk? Most likely. Were you really helping the team? Most likely not. 

The reason you don't ask, "What was I doing wrong" is because you don't care about what you were doing wrong. You don't want to know because then you would have to change the way that you play. The reality is that you are utterly selfishly playing a multiplayer team based game with ZERO consideration for actually helping your team out and then complain about everyone else complaining about you.

Like I said, this phenomena is something that YOU experience and I don't. They yell at you, not me, and to you it is a global problem for everyone and not just your problem because of the way that you play. You don't give a damn about what the real issue is that causes people to yell at you, which is the way you play. Instead, because you are utterly selfish in a multiplayer team based game you refuse to even consider the fact that you were not helping out as you should have.

Everyone is NOT getting yelled at in the higher tiers. But certainly, the players that play selfishly and poorly are getting flack a lot. You refuse to even see the possibility that you deserve it. Why? Because it's all about you now isn't it?

Um, there is a lot of verbal abuse at the higher tiers. It seems that people take the game a lot more seriously there, and consequently their emotions are more involved. If someone doesn't meet the expectations of one of these "special" people then the "special" person unloads all sorts of insults on them. It's ridiculous.

It doesn't have much to do with team play either. It's simple: people get upset, mostly because their team doesn't meet their expectations in some way, and they then look to use someone to take their anger and frustration out on.

Edit: It's not only that. Some people get upset by their own play too and then find someone to take their anger and frustration out on. It's DISGUSTING.

Edited by Hiroe

The one and only thing that gets under my skin is when a player on the enemy team has a nice match and proceeds to go in all chat to gloat.

"150k damage 5 kills we totally slaughtered them"

That is dooshbaggery at it's worst IMO, keep those comments in your team chat sheesh. If any of you reading this is guilty of it, please stop, no one on the other team is admiring you, they all think ur a pendejo.

I do this to my team when Im bottom tier and probably going to outscore all the dooshbags on my own team, probably because we are going to lose.....LOL.

Um, there is a lot of verbal abuse at the higher tiers. It seems that people take the game a lot more seriously there, and consequently their emotions are more involved. If someone doesn't meet the expectations of one of these "special" people then the "special" person unloads all sorts of insults on them. It's ridiculous.

It doesn't have much to do with team play either. It's simple: people get upset, mostly because their team doesn't meet their expectations in some way, and they then look to use someone to take their anger and frustration out on.

Edit: It's not only that. Some people get upset by their own play and then find someone to take their anger and frustration out on too. It's DISGUSTING.

Of course they are. And who are they going to take that frustration out on? That's right the person on the team that they see as the weakest link. Do I feel for newer players constantly getting yelled at? Actually I do feel for them and I yell at them a whole lot less now than I did 1000 games ago. People who really want to help the team and learn the game and not drag every team they are on down want to know what they are doing wrong. However, the casual players, who are just here for their own amusement in a team based game at the complete expense of everyone else on the team, don't give a damn about doing better or causing everyone else so much grief.

Bad players never say, "I'm sorry that I am bringing you down folks I am learning and trying". Instead all they do is rage on the forums that everyone else raged at them. How can I feel for a bad player who is getting yelled at a lot but then doesn't give a damn about how to actually play better? I don't and I won't. Instead, I will blame them for causing the entire problem to begin with by never learning to play better themselves.

Are people wrong about who they yell at and why? Sure. But from what I have seen, more often then not the person deserved it, they just don't understand why they deserve it and don't care about fixing whatever problems they cause for everyone else. If you want to play casually and not help the team and not play for the win, then play bot mode and stay out of random games. Stop bringing down everyone else because you don't give a damn to play the game to your best (not saying you here, just in general). People are so selfish today that they don't give a damn that they bring 11 other people down every time they spam the game. Instead, like Slak posted, they just want to deny reality and stay in their little safe space and pretend as if everyone else is the problem and never themselves as being the problem.

Edited by Rounne

Of course they are. And who are they going to take that frustration out on? That's right the person on the team that they see as the weakest link. Do I feel for newer players constantly getting yelled at? Actually I do feel for them and I yell at them a whole lot less now than I did 1000 games ago. People who really want to help the team and learn the game and not drag every team they are on down want to know what they are doing wrong. However, the casual players who are just here for their own amusement in a team based game at the complete expense of everyone else on the team don't give a damn about doing better or causing everyone else so much grief.

Bad players never say, "I'm sorry that I am bringing you down folks I am learning and trying". Instead all they do is rage on the forums that everyone else raged at them. How can I feel for a bad player who is getting yelled at a lot but then doesn't give a damn about how to actually play better? I don't and I won't. Instead, I will blame them for causing the entire problem to begin with by never learning to play better themselves.

Are people wrong about who they yell at and why? Sure. But from what I have seen, more often then not the person deserved it, they just don't understand why they deserve it and don't care about fixing whatever problems they cause for everyone else. If you want to play casually and not help the team and not play for the win, then play bot mode and stay out of random games. Stop bringing down everyone else because you don't give a damn to play the game to your best (not saying you here, just in general). People are so selfish today that they don't give a damn that they bring 11 other people down every time they spam the game. Instead, like Slak posted, they just want to deny reality and stay in their little safe space and pretend as if everyone else is the problem and never themselves as being the problem.

You're pretending that casual players are here to sabotage the teams they're on. No, they're playing the game just like everyone else. They only play it less. That's what makes them casuals. That's the essential difference. They don't not want to win or whatever. That's ridiculous.

Thanks for the free psycho analysis determining what I do and do not care about.  You seem to be the one with the issues here, getting rather bent out of shape because, not just I but others have observed that there seems to be a higher percentage of high tier players who are jerks. If I make a mistake by all means point it out, but my mistakes, even if they were bad, are no excuse for blatant asshattery and dooshiness, things that in my opinion your posts are beginning to show signs of.

This is one of the reasons why I despise and shun anything above Tier 7. I see a lot more trash talk (and as much as I hate to admit it, when I get super frustrated I sometimes go down to their level) in Tier 8/9 games, add that with the extremely passive / cautious style of play and it's agony. I'd pay WG 100 bucks to see no higher than Tier 7 in a Tier 7, because I simply cannot stand high tier matches. I have also witnessed numerous times that there seems to be better play at mid-tiers than high tiers.

This. I have had some of the best matches ever in tier VIIs. That said, I don't have any tier 8, 9, or 10s, but on that same token, I don't really want any based on what I have heard/seen. 

Too much pressure, not a lot of fun, the wall of skill, jerks in top tier ships that think they know everything about the game. Just a whole bunch of things. It seems like a bit of a trap. 

Again, some of the best play I have ever seen has been at tier VII. Tier V and VI come in a close second. 

Top tier just doesn't sound very..... top. 

I may disagree with a lot of what you say in this thread, but this is so true. 

You are going to become much better at anything you devote time to, just by sheer virtue of doing it. 

Of course training helps, but you can watch all the replays you want, until you actually get out and DO something, there is no way you can actually improve.

That said, some people need to take a chill pill and just relax. 

This. I have had some of the best matches ever in tier VIIs. That said, I don't have any tier 8, 9, or 10s, but on that same token, I don't really want any based on what I have heard/seen. 

Too much pressure, not a lot of fun, the wall of skill, jerks in top tier ships that think they know everything about the game. Just a whole bunch of things. It seems like a bit of a trap. 

Again, some of the best play I have ever seen has been at tier VII. Tier V and VI come in a close second. 

Top tier just doesn't sound very..... top. 

Initially, I didn't particularly intend to get above ~T8 either (and I hit T8 mainly so I could division with clanmates who wanted to do T10 - of course, then division change happened so I'd need a T9). I did finally work my way up, and so far Zao has been worth it, but I think that depends a lot on which line you're grinding (Zao is nice because it's pretty much the quintessential cruiser: powerful but situational torps, powerful guns against other cruisers but won't win a fight with a battleship, both sufficient armor that being seen isn't a death sentence and sufficient stealth to disengage as necessary). There is definitely a very big element of high tiers being less forgiving than lower tiers, though, which discourages taking risks, which encourages more passive gameplay.

However, I haven't seen any greater toxicity from players in high tiers than I have at lower tiers (which is to say, I've seen very little of it at any tier)...in-game. On the forums, sure. In-game, nope.

so killing off a CV, a ship that can literally take out any ship with one torpedo run, isnt helping your team? what the actual **** are you on? Edited by tcbaker777