tankkiller123453

what do you do if BB gets too close ??? and that arc.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

11 posts in this topic

Um how many of you guys notice during extreme close quarter combat, your main gun shoot at a very high arc ???

Does that happen in real life, or WG screw up on the shell arcs again. 

If you get so close that your guns can't aim you can either zoom out and aim for the super structure Or Prepare Boarding Parties.

:izmena: Ramming Speed. 

Personally the only Battleships I play that like to get really close to other battleships are Armed with Torps and Secondary Gunners who can hit the side of a barn. 

:trollface:

If you exit zoom, you can aim lower.

I think he is talking about a random bug that happens when two ships are too close to each other and the shells just shoot like a mortar.

I think he is talking about a random bug that happens when two ships are too close to each other and the shells just shoot like a mortar.

I've never seen that bug. 

However, I often try to avoid touching the enemy ships, because that's not often the best way to survive.

I've never seen that bug. 

However, I often try to avoid touching the enemy ships, because that's not often the best way to survive.

Its a game breaking bug. Your guns fire clear over a target. thats with-in 1 k.m

I've seen that bug before. It's saved me once when it happened to the enemy. Very frustrating when you're about to nuke someone and your guns derp out.!

At very close range, your guns may not be able to depress enough, or traverse fast enough. My guess is at close range with secondaries, very short shell travel times, the server may derp out, not have enough time to calculate everything properly or figure out where you were aiming. This can result in wacky things, like the bug described above. I have never had the bug happen to me, but I've had weird things happen with large caliber shells at point blank range (misses, overpens).

I see this happen mostly in full in zoom on a close in target.  Back out from full zoom a few clicks and it tends to correct itself.  (I aim almost exclusively at full zoom even close in and extremely rarely in 3rd person view)

If you are scoped in on a short range target, mouse wheel back and you can aim lower.  Insta-wrecking USN BBs like that is hilarious.

I have had it happen where I close to brawl with another BB and avoid them ramming me but when I go to shoot I am so close I shoot over them as OP talks of. Kind of frustrating to avoid the ram and then not be able to deliver that devastating point blank broadside. When I am that close now I hold the shot until I glide past a bit.