You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Peacemaker100

What Type of Character is Missouri?

What Type of Character Is Missouri?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is Type of -dere is Mo?

• Tsundere
    • Dandere
    • Yandere
    • I don't give a crap about anime
    • Why are you posting weaboo stuff here? Get a life you moron
    • Other -dere (leave your answer in the comments below, may add to main poll if that gets enough votes)
    • Gun-dere

25 comments in this topic

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles

I've been meaning to add Mo to my character cast (signature), so I've decided to ask you wise forumites a very important question.  What do you think Mo would be if she was a character in a stereotypical anime?

Of course, if you hate anime and think I'm a piece of crap with no life for posting this, then why're you here?  :trollface:

Cuz you're the one who actually has no life, you otaku-hater.  :hiding:

Edited by Peacemaker100

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
17,448 battles

I always pictured her as being mellower than her sister (Iowa) but still so overwhelmingly and stereotypically American that it makes one step back and wonder "does the rest of the world really think of us this way?"  Which obvious means acting and dressing less like a [edited], but other than that it's really up to interpretation.  I might be slightly biased in my opinion by KanColle fan fics, but...it is what it is.

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles

Wait, votes are public?

Well, there goes my friends list...

I'm actually not sure what public votes vs private mean.  PM me if you know please

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles

I always pictured her as being mellower than her sister (Iowa) but still so overwhelmingly and stereotypically American that it makes one step back and wonder "does the rest of the world really think of us this way?"  Which obvious means acting and dressing less like a [edited], but other than that it's really up to interpretation.  I might be slightly biased in my opinion by KanColle fan fics, but...it is what it is.

How would that fit in the -dere scheme of things?  A combination of Tsundere and Dandere maybe?

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
17,448 battles

How would that fit in the -dere scheme of things?  A combination of Tsundere and Dandere maybe?

:amazed:...Does it have to?

[REVY]
Members
6,316 posts
5,165 battles

Since Douglas Macarthur ended the Pacific War on the Missouri since that was his home state, I would model Missouri after him.

Nothing more American then Aviator Sunglasses and corncob pipe.

Personality: Seriously stubborn and serious.  Born leader and shameless self-promoter.  Would have trouble getting along with other ships (because character conflict = drama)

7mDyyu7.jpg

ISSM's avatar, not sure where it's actually from.  Reminds me of Macarthur.

Edited by Sventex

[SYN]
Members
15,524 posts
12,778 battles

I would expect diligent, cool and sophisticated. Like Grace Kelly.

Members
4,034 posts
4,347 battles

Iowa's antithesis. I imagine she would be more professional and act respectful to the other nations. I can't assume personality so i'm just going to go with gun-dere.

[SYN]
Members
15,524 posts
12,778 battles

Iowa's antithesis. I imagine she would be more professional and act respectful to the other nations. I can't assume personality so i'm just going to go with gun-dere.

So... Marilyn Monroe vs. Grace Kelly...

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,868 posts
5,814 battles

7mDyyu7.jpg

Issm's avatar is fanart of Iowa from Kancolle.

Personally my favourite depiction of an anthropomorphized Missouri is from the guys from the Pacific group who do USN ship girl fanarts.

hGjf4XF.jpg

So I'd vote for dainty ojou-san. Depending on the setting of your hypothetical anime, I imagine she'd be the school idol and have her own fan club.:teethhappy:

Members
349 posts
5,412 battles

Issm's avatar is fanart of Iowa from Kancolle.

I had no idea.  And I thought his avatar was supposed to be a guy.  :amazed:

Well, I think I'm gonna go with gun-dere, if only cuz of the lols.  Though WG really needs to make the signature less restrictive.  5 lines for stuff, I mean, really???  So many -deres to put in.  :teethhappy:

[REVY]
Members
6,316 posts
5,165 battles

I had no idea.  And I thought his avatar was supposed to be a guy.  :amazed:

I think it's the pipe, you don't see a lot of girls smoking from those.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

Since Douglas Macarthur ended the Pacific War on the Missouri since that was his home state, I would model Missouri after him.

Personality: Seriously stubborn and serious.  Born leader and shameless self-promoter.  Would have trouble getting along with other ships (because character conflict = drama)

7mDyyu7.jpg

MacArthur was born in Little Rock, AR...because his father, an Army Officer, was stationed there at the time. They don't claim him, however, as his father was the worst sort of Yankee....a native of Massachusetts, though he moved to Wisconsin just before the Civil War. Missouri is named for the home state of the then President, Harry S Truman. From my experience, Truman's personality was fairly typical for a resident of Missouri..capable of being quite surly if challenged or crossed....as MacArthur found out during the Korean War.  

From the comments on this thread, you'd think you were talking about the personality of the New York or Texas. :teethhappy: People from MO and IA, like most Midwesterners, aren't prone to be pretentious.

[HIVE]
Beta Testers
514 posts

7mDyyu7.jpg

​*Salutes*  YOU HAVE RETURNED!  

[REVY]
Members
6,316 posts
5,165 battles

MacArthur was born in Little Rock, AR...because his father, an Army Officer, was stationed there at the time. They don't claim him, however, as his father was the worst sort of Yankee....a native of Massachusetts, though he moved to Wisconsin just before the Civil War. Missouri is named for the home state of the then President, Harry S Truman. From my experience, Truman's personality was fairly typical for a resident of Missouri..capable of being quite surly if challenged or crossed....as MacArthur found out during the Korean War.  

From the comments on this thread, you'd think you were talking about the personality of the New York or Texas. :teethhappy: People from MO and IA, like most Midwesterners, aren't prone to be pretentious.

Ahh, I must have mixed up the reason for the use of the Missouri for Truman's homestate, rather then Macarthur.

Beta Testers
570 posts
8,037 battles

Missouri is bordered by eight states, no state in the Union is bordered by more:

1. Iowa
  2. Illinois
  3. Kentucky
  4. Tennessee
  5. Arkansas
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Kansas
  8. Nebraska

But Missouri is schadenfreude because it prefers those eight states to be unhappy.  As everyone knows Missouri loves company.

Beta Testers
570 posts
8,037 battles

Missouri is named for the home state of the then President, Harry S Truman.

This is complete [edited], Henry Wallace was VP 1941-1945, and Missouri was laid down, as Missouri, in Jan 1941.  She was christened by Mary Truman, a year before Truman became VP, but the naming was selected long before that.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

This is complete [edited], Henry Wallace was VP 1941-1945, and Missouri was laid down, as Missouri, in Jan 1941.  She was christened by Mary Truman, a year before Truman became VP, but the naming was selected long before that.

We're talking about why the Missouri was chosen to be the site where Japan formally surrendered to the Allies...do try to keep up.

Members
667 posts
17 battles

Don't know about anime standarts but I think my vision of Missouri is the true one :) Straight, powerful, all-seeing yet vulnerable and can see its end every second...

FZpvb2u.png

and a little more screenshots of this symbol of war