Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phydaux42

Just unlocked Hosho

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

11 posts in this topic

So after grinding up the USN CV line I decided to try IJN CVs.  The grind up Cruisers  and then to Battleships was a royal PitA, but what can you do?

I just unlocked the Hosho, and spend all my saved up Elite Captain XP to make my CV commander a 4 point commander.  Not Unicrum by a long shot, but better than most other CV captains at Tier IV.  

I LOVE having two TB squadrons!  WAY better than the Langley's 1/1/1.  

Time to start clubbing those seals!

I just opened her as well.

I haven't had a chance to really take her out though.

Glad you like her.

Better than Langley huh?

Now I guess that just depends on who you talk to, doesn't it?

Any competent Langley driver will MURDER a Hosho.

Real seal-clubbing is a 10 point (at a minimum) Langley captain getting put up against a Hosho. The seven-plane fighter squad (with Air Supremacy) will crush even a five-plane Hosho squad with the same skill.

So after grinding up the USN CV line I decided to try IJN CVs.  The grind up Cruisers  and then to Battleships was a royal PitA, but what can you do?

I just unlocked the Hosho, and spend all my saved up Elite Captain XP to make my CV commander a 4 point commander.  Not Unicrum by a long shot, but better than most other CV captains at Tier IV.  

I LOVE having two TB squadrons!  WAY better than the Langley's 1/1/1.  

Time to start clubbing those seals!

​good luck and enjoy.  The IJN CV line gets even more fun as you move up.

Why would I put a 10-point captain in a Langley?  My 10-point USN captain splits his time between an Independance and a Saipan.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Why would I put a 10-point captain in a Langley?  My 10-point USN captain splits his time between an Independance and a Saipan.

Because after my first CV driver (who started in Bogue, because I originally skipped Langley,) moved on to Independence, (and eventually Ranger, Lexington, and Saipan,) I went back and purchased Langley, and put a spare captian in it.

That captain is now a FIFTEEN point captain, EARNED, not paid for with fxp, and I have no desite or intent to move him out of Langley.

As far as seal clubbing accusations are concerned, I use him in co-op 90-95% of the time anyway, so such complaints are moot.

So much fun trolling and murdering the stinking cheating bot squadrons with Lang's 7-plane Air Supremacy fighter squad. I'd love to do the same in Randoms, but the guilt... the guilt... It can get pretty strong; especially when I realize MM has put me up against a green CV driver...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

I'd love to do the same in Randoms, but the guilt... the guilt... 

69507353.jpg

I'm surprised anyone plays CVs at these low tiers without manual, I used strafe and manual drops all the time in my hosho when I started the line, it really helped.

I'm surprised anyone plays CVs at these low tiers without manual, I used strafe and manual drops all the time in my hosho when I started the line, it really helped.

I play CV's all the time at low tier, without manual drops its forces everyone to be a polite carrier.

Just seems like it would be less fun when your not setting up the drops yourself. I like the challenge when I get it right.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0