Gene_Inari

Can we PLEASE do something about AFKs?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

100 posts in this topic

For what reason? So ban a player for something that might be out of their hands or they have no control over? Yeah, that makes no sense. Especially with how often this game crashes. Do you not pay any attention to how many threads we get about the game crashing during either on the loading screen or during a battle? We eat them at least twice a week. Not to mention no player has control of stuff that happens outside their house. Maybe you power company decided to work on the lines right outside your neighborhood one day and it cuts your power off while you're in a match, or a cable company does the same thing or some guy decided he wants to dig in his yard without calling 411 forstbto find it where the lines and cable are in the yard and severs the cables and lines for people on his street. Yeah, neither you nor WG can control the events that happen outside of the game and it's not fair to ban people for that since they have no control over it.

It's highly unlikely that two or three "unexpected events" will happen within a twenty four hour period, which is why I made sure to note that in my post; and if someone is aware of the fact that they won't be able to reliably play they shouldn't play a multiplayer game at all. They should play a single player game or something else that's suitable. No one is being forced to play a multiplayer game when they're busy with something else, and if they decide to play one when they're busy they're behaving in a very inconsiderate manner.

I can also say that you ruin the game for others or myself just because of the player name you chose. What if I don't like looking at it? You obviously should be banned because you're ruining the game for me.

What if you take a ship that underperformed into battle? You should be banned hen because YOU are ruining the game for the other players on your team because YOU are bringing a bad ship into battle.

Hahaha.

yeah their is a point to be base that if a person does not have the time thanks to events going on around them then they should not be playing until their lif calms down and they gave the time to play. So if you are cooking and stove might start boiling over don't hit battle until it's all settled and you have 20 minutes to debate to playing a good battle, since it not only hurts other people's games if you get distracted it hurts your own game too.

However a swift ban should not be hastily given out of it was truly unexpected mechanical or network problem that could not be avoided. Now a player needs to make sure things are worked no again before doing battle again though, but I would set the AFK ban threshold at 3 AFK games in a day have them not allowed for few hours snce not everyone in the world us smart enough to realize that they need to resolve problems before hitting battle again and again.

Well, three is better than what we have now.

It's highly unlikely that two or three "unexpected events" will happen within a twenty four hour period, which is why I made sure to note that in my post; and if someone is aware of the fact that they won't be able to reliably play they shouldn't play a multiplayer game at all. They should play a single player game or something else that's suitable. No one is being forced to play a multiplayer game when they're busy with something else, and if they decide to play one when they're busy they're behaving in a very inconsiderate manner.

Hahaha.

Well, three is better than what we have now.

Yeah like the common sayings no 3 strokes and you are out for a while, although think such bans should only be 12 or so hours which isplenty of time to get things squared away, now if such AFK incidents happen day after day after day then moderators need to look into the player and consider action because those players would more likely be ones trolling.

Solution

​If a player is AFK for more than 3 min in any one game, that ship transmutes to a BOT of some sort, and play continues.

No one AFK is doing it because they want to... I do see a few "screw you guys, I'm goin' home" but they are rare

Yeah like the common sayings no 3 strokes and you are out for a while, although think such bans should only be 12 or so hours which isplenty of time to get things squared away, now if such AFK incidents happen day after day after day then moderators need to look into the player and consider action because those players would more likely be ones trolling.

Makes sense. I think twenty four hours would be better for the ban, but it's more of a deterrent than a real punishment. It doesn't matter too much. Edited by Hiroe

About 6 patches back I was AFK a lot , when I loaded into game battle there would sometimes be no sound,the game would start,guns would not shoot and within 10 seconds or so game would freeze a computer reboot and game restart is the only fix .. those issues are gone now and it all works for me but the number of AFK I see in game at present is an indicator of not all players games are working as intended

Solution

​If a player is AFK for more than 3 min in any one game, that ship transmutes to a BOT of some sort, and play continues.

No one AFK is doing it because they want to... I do see a few "screw you guys, I'm goin' home" but they are rare

That's a good idea - not sure how WG would make that happen, but at least its not a total loss of asset to a team - and the real player who became a BOT would not earn any experience or coins from that match and once a BOT would have to stay that way for the whole match.  Also - I'd make it that when in BOT mode doesn't count as a battle to remove TK'er status!  

https://puu.sh/viJjS/cb2c64310c.png

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.

​Then stop playing, snowflake. I'm personally sick of self centered little crybabies like you posting stupid whiney crap like this, yet I guess I have to put up with it. This topic has been beaten to death over and over. STFU, and GFY.

For what reason? So ban a player for something that might be out of their hands or they have no control over? Yeah, that makes no sense. Especially with how often this game crashes. Do you not pay any attention to how many threads we get about the game crashing during either on the loading screen or during a battle? We eat them at least twice a week. Not to mention no player has control of stuff that happens outside their house. Maybe you power company decided to work on the lines right outside your neighborhood one day and it cuts your power off while you're in a match, or a cable company does the same thing or some guy decided he wants to dig in his yard without calling 411 forstbto find it where the lines and cable are in the yard and severs the cables and lines for people on his street. Yeah, neither you nor WG can control the events that happen outside of the game and it's not fair to ban people for that since they have no control over it.

​Exactly. I frequently have to reboot back into battles because of my crappy Alaska AT&T MyFy, or this server overloading. Why should someone be banned because WG's server crashes? They shouldn't. Why should someone be banned because their net is overloaded? They shouldn't. And again, why are we hashing this out again? And again. And again. And again.

https://puu.sh/viJjS/cb2c64310c.png

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.

How do you know they were Away From Keyboard or it wasn't instead due to a variety of other possible technical reasons?

Can you prove who exactly was to blame in each instance? 

OK..  Real problem here is the amount we are investing into each battle.

CAMO costs something

Premium Consumables cost something

Signal Flags are also worth something as well.

Yes.. emergencies will happen - to anyone.  Problem is that the other 11 players pretty much stress their P2W items for that battle.

My honest impression...  It's just a game.  That money is already spent.  These things have equal odds at happening on either side (I sincerely hope).  Do your best.

An AFK player is no worse than an early game Detonation.

Wonder how many of the AFK'er's are alts simply abusing the sync drop system? :hmm:

If they ruin the game for others they shouldn't be allowed to play.

You ruin the forum experience for many users here. You shouldn't be allowed to post.

Ain't it grand when you leave your own logic wide open for counters like this~?

I would also like to add that many of the AFK players I have seen I would imagine wanted to play the battle very much since they often have some nice premium camo and are fully decked out in signal flags. Certainly not a player trolling if your AFK player has all that stuff mounted it's safe to assume technical issues nailed them since at least for many players that stuff is not burned lightly.

You ruin the forum experience for many users here. You shouldn't be allowed to post.

Ain't it grand when you leave your own logic wide open for counters like this~?

How so?

​Exactly. I frequently have to reboot back into battles because of my crappy Alaska AT&T MyFy, or this server overloading. Why should someone be banned because WG's server crashes? They shouldn't. Why should someone be banned because their net is overloaded? They shouldn't. And again, why are we hashing this out again? And again. And again. And again.

Why would someone play an online game if their connection is so terrible? I don't understand. It's very inconsiderate.

It seems a few people are in the bullying mood again.

I am not bullying you, I just disagree with you about virtually everything. Also, the way you interact with people doesn't exactly make you popular.

I am not bullying you, I just disagree with you about virtually everything. Also, the way you interact with people doesn't exactly make you popular.

I don't want to be popular among people who view casuals as subhumans. That's so ridiculous.

It seems a few people are in the bullying mood again.

Thing is that the Real Life has variables that no one can control, I could name hundrets of them but to keep it simple I will use one that happens frequently to me, and could also happen to most of us including you.

I am fairly young. Not below 18, but also not above 25. I still have a grandmother. From time to time she calls and since no one else is in the house I am going to pick up, even if the game is running. At that time the phone call has priority, not the game, not my work, not the hot food on my table. My grandmother, and nothing else. I am in a match and my team depends on me? I don't care, I don't know if or when I will see my grandmother again, I will not risk this chance to speak with her. This is independent from the battle mode, be it a Training battle or a Ranked battle.

If WG were to ban me for this, or even apply more strict punishment which I find to be exaggerated, it would require them a hell of an explanation. The EULA does not say anything about being AFK, neither do the Game Rules. The Rules speak of 'intentional' actions, I have not asked my grandmother to call me during the match, I had no control over it. So is taking off the phone a banable offense? No.

Thing is that the Real Life has variables that no one can control, I could name hundrets of them but to keep it simple I will use one that happens frequently to me, and could also happen to most of us including you.

I am fairly young. Not below 18, but also not above 25. I still have a grandmother. From time to time she calls and since no one else is in the house I am going to pick up, even if the game is running. At that time the phone call has priority, not the game, not my work, not the hot food on my table. My grandmother, and nothing else. I am in a match and my team depends on me? I don't care, I don't know if or when I will see my grandmother again, I will not risk this chance to speak with her. This is independent from the battle mode, be it a Training battle or a Ranked battle.

If WG were to ban me for this, or even apply more strict punishment which I find to be exaggerated, it would require them a hell of an explanation. The EULA does not say anything about being AFK, neither do the Game Rules. The Rules speak of 'intentional' actions, I have not asked my grandmother to call me during the match, I had no control over it. So is taking off the phone a banable offense? No.

How often does that happen four times in a single day?

How often does that happen four times in a single day?

My grandmother usually calls once a week, sometimes twice. But then we have the other variables. Neighbor comes over to borrow a cup of sugar, one of those Jehova witnesses tries to talk to me, my sister having another of her many problems, my mother deleting the internet again, my brother requiring someone to carry heavy stuff, the list goes on. I can list that stuff all day if you want. Edited by SireneRacker

Secondary and AA guns do not even fire if somebody is AFK, I saw a ship barely alive go well within s cindary range if AFK BB before and if AFK ship secondaries were capable of firing we would have won that battle.

If they have manual fire set up they do not fire if they don't they do