Gene_Inari

Can we PLEASE do something about AFKs?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

100 posts in this topic

https://puu.sh/viJjS/cb2c64310c.png

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.

Being AFK already has a punishment that is worse than the one for teamkilling, what else do you want?

You think you have it bad?

Try being me, I've had to restart the game just to get into a battle before. Your game was ruined? You lost? Too ****ing bad. I lose tons of credits if I can't move my Yamato off the start line, I'm lucky to break even on a win sometimes.

You think you have it bad?

Try being me, I've had to restart the game just to get into a battle before. Your game was ruined? You lost? Too ****ing bad. I lose tons of credits if I can't move my Yamato off the start line, I'm lucky to break even on a win sometimes.

calm down chobitsu-san hes mad cuz his numbers go from purple to red u u 

I'm getting real tired of games being RUINED because people can't load in. Not one but TWO AFKs on a single team. How in the world is this fair for the people who get stuck in a guaranteed loss? Clearly the 0xp punishment isn't enough to deter people from making sure this doesn't happen.

People that habitually AFK through matches end up with a permaban, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh, Whah! Quit crying and TRY to have some sympathy for others, you self-centered, indolent child.

Most AFK players are AFK because they are having computer issues.

NOT because they are purposely trying to ruin YOUR game.

What I really hear you saying is you LOST a close game where someone on your team was AFK,

and you think you would have won if that person had participated.

Whah! Too damn bad, crap happens!

Having an AFK player is NOT an automatic loss.

TRY to suck it up and be a man, despite your obvious handicap.

Being AFK already has a punishment that is worse than the one for teamkilling, what else do you want?

Just curious - what is the punishment for being AFK?  

Chill...

​There are thousands of people with hundreds of combo of hardware out there, and well.. we all know how older, well used systems are compromised by their users to be hobbled when pressed to perform well. My clan has several very good players that run on Laptops. There will be AFKs. It is not a personal attack on you or your team. It just happens. It is good or fun? .. no of course not... is there anything *you* can do about it?  Nope... not a thing.. and what do we do with things out of our control? That's right , we let go of them and move on.

Emergencies also happen.

Last night, my neighbor threw beer cans on my yard and spray painted he's going to kill me on the side of his house.

And I haven't even seen this guy in several weeks, and I don't know what set him off.

Saw this on my way out the door to work this morning...  didn't have time for it.  Also noted there were a some mis-spellings

Well..  actually, he doesn't own the place..  he just visits every now and then when he's out of jail.

My goal is to complete this week without killing this person.

And back to your problem...    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...  Suck it up buttercup.

Is it a system problem or a people problem.  Everyone has real situations where leaving a game is more important (phone call from someone important etc., baby wakes ups )  I don't think any one player does this on a regular basis.  I get a full AFK teammate once in like every 20 games.  about 1 in 3 games I get late start players.  I don't have the fastest network or computer and I'm lucky to not load in late,.. touch wood.

If it's a system problem with the client that's another story.  Still not players fault necessarily. 

If someone AFKs more than once (or maybe twice) in a twenty four hour period they should be banned for a short amount of time. I think this is reasonable.

Being AFK is not always the player's fault, Wargaming sever has a tendency to randomly log a player out every once in a while resulting in getter no either really delayed start or even missing a battle. I have had the log out thing cause me delays small handful of times and 1 time missed entire battle because of it,

Yeah you play the game long enough you will be a AFK player. It happens to everyone.

Just curious - what is the punishment for being AFK?  

You get nothing out of the match and pay the full service fee. Secondary damage or kills or plane kills do not get counted. Compare that to a teamkill, you lose some XP and Credits and have a pink name which is only a cosmetical thing unless you get rammed, but in that case a replay at the Costumer Support will help you.

Oh, Whah! Quit crying and TRY to have some sympathy for others, you self-centered, indolent child.

Most AFK players are AFK because they are having computer issues.

NOT because they are purposely trying to ruin YOUR game.

What I really hear you saying is you LOST a close game where someone on your team was AFK,

and you think you would have won if that person had participated.

Whah! Too damn bad, crap happens!

Having an AFK player is NOT an automatic loss.

TRY to suck it up and be a man, despite your obvious handicap.

Depends on which ship is AFK, if it is the CV for example and battle follows normal course of things then yes having the CV AFK will usually cost you the battle since enemy CV gets to rule sky unopposed or if it is one of those matches where 1 tier ship say a BB is only tier 8 in the battle with mostly tier 6 ships and some tier 7s and the 1 tier 8 ship you have is AFK that is really bad too.

You get nothing out of the match and pay the full service fee. Secondary damage or kills or plane kills do not get counted. Compare that to a teamkill, you lose some XP and Credits and have a pink name which is only a cosmetical thing unless you get rammed, but in that case a replay at the Costumer Support will help you.

Secondary and AA guns do not even fire if somebody is AFK, I saw a ship barely alive go well within s cindary range if AFK BB before and if AFK ship secondaries were capable of firing we would have won that battle.

Secondary and AA guns do not even fire if somebody is AFK, I saw a ship barely alive go well within s cindary range if AFK BB before and if AFK ship secondaries were capable of firing we would have won that battle.

They do, I was in Division with a Bayern a few days ago and her PC crashed, the Secondaries killed a Nürnberg but she ended with 0XP.

If someone AFKs more than once (or maybe twice) in a twenty four hour period they should be banned for a short amount of time. I think this is reasonable.

Yes, punish someone who's baby is having issues, or has to answer the door or the NA servers are acting up, or their internet went down or lost power due to a storm.  Yea, thats real smart.   Lots of reasons for an AFK player which are NOT the players fault.  They should not be 'punished' because real life interrupted your game world.

They do, I was in Division with a Bayern a few days ago and her PC crashed, the Secondaries killed a Nürnberg but she ended with 0XP.

were they AFK the entire match or just partial match because the BB that failed to have secondaries engage the enemy was AFK 100% of the match?

Yes, punish someone who's baby is having issues, or has to answer the door or the NA servers are acting up, or their internet went down or lost power due to a storm.  Yea, thats real smart.   Lots of reasons for an AFK player which are NOT the players fault.  They should not be 'punished' because real life interrupted your game world.

If they ruin the game for others they shouldn't be allowed to play.

For what reason? So ban a player for something that might be out of their hands or they have no control over? Yeah, that makes no sense. Especially with how often this game crashes. Do you not pay any attention to how many threads we get about the game crashing during either on the loading screen or during a battle? We eat them at least twice a week. Not to mention no player has control of stuff that happens outside their house. Maybe you power company decided to work on the lines right outside your neighborhood one day and it cuts your power off while you're in a match, or a cable company does the same thing or some guy decided he wants to dig in his yard without calling 411 forstbto find it where the lines and cable are in the yard and severs the cables and lines for people on his street. Yeah, neither you nor WG can control the events that happen outside of the game and it's not fair to ban people for that since they have no control over it.

I can also say that you ruin the game for others or myself just because of the player name you chose. What if I don't like looking at it? You obviously should be banned because you're ruining the game for me.

What if you take a ship that underperformed into battle? You should be banned hen because YOU are ruining the game for the other players on your team because YOU are bringing a bad ship into battle.

yeah their is a point to be base that if a person does not have the time thanks to events going on around them then they should not be playing until their lif calms down and they gave the time to play. So if you are cooking and stove might start boiling over don't hit battle until it's all settled and you have 20 minutes to debate to playing a good battle, since it not only hurts other people's games if you get distracted it hurts your own game too.

However a swift ban should not be hastily given out of it was truly unexpected mechanical or network problem that could not be avoided. Now a player needs to make sure things are worked no again before doing battle again though, but I would set the AFK ban threshold at 3 AFK games in a day have them not allowed for few hours snce not everyone in the world us smart enough to realize that they need to resolve problems before hitting battle again and again.

were they AFK the entire match or just partial match because the BB that failed to have secondaries engage the enemy was AFK 100% of the match?

Let's say it like that the ship did not leave it's spawn position. She never entered the match.

Let's say it like that the ship did not leave it's spawn position. She never entered the match.

Very fishy the AFK BB in my match never fired secondaries despite being 1-2 KM inside broadside secondary range, of course that was during my 24/7 a day of bad matches for solid 14 days during March so anything was possible as long as it was negative for most part :(

So glad those 2 weeks proved to be isolated event in my time playing this game.