Jakajan

Should Harekaze have an anime tag?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

Should Harekaze have an anime tag like the ARP ships?   34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Harekaze have an anime tag like ARP ships so people who do not want to see her in game do not have to? She would be listed as Kagero

• No, she has a different armament than Kagero and possibly different torpedo reload times and stats. It is better to know the difference than see an over performing Kagero.
    • Yes, she should have an anime tag option so I can turn her off and have her listed as a Kagero. For some reason I can't turn off those darn paper ships!!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So with the upcoming blue ray release of Haifuri Wargaming is likely going to unleash a few events on us. In my opinion we'll be able to get Isoroku the cat captain and everyone can do an event to get a Mikasa or something. :P

Maybe, just maybe they will let us earn a camo scheme and anime voice for the Graf Spee, but I hope they sell her and the Harekaze so I can just buy them and add them to my port. My next few months are looking busy and I can toss $100 or so around.

Anyway it looks like, if rumors are to be believed and her current form is implemented,  though as you all know things change during development... The Harekaze may very well come with all three of her potential gun configurations, of the traditional Kagero gun, a 3x1 US 127mm 54 calibur configuration, or a 2x3 Akizuki style cannon.

I saw a screen shot on Reddit with her listed speed of 36.8 knots and Kagero like concealment. Pretty cool stuff, very exciting. The only con that was listed was an 11 second longer reload time on her torpedoes and likely that her engine would go out more often than others if it followed a line stated in the anime, not sure though. Oh, also her AA is short quite a few guns.

It looks like their plan is to actually give three different hulls to choose from though, likely with each hull having different AA and gun configurations, perhaps even different concealment, speed etc. Seems complex to balance to be honest but I feel excited about the possible choices.

Anyway while all this is wicked cool and I am totally hyped for these ships. I was pondering whether or not it would be good to have the anime filter for the Harekaze. Personally I think it would be a bad choice, or maybe, just maybe make it defaultly off but enable-able for that ship. Mostly because her performance and characteristics are different than the stock Kagero.

I mean, there are paper ships in the game right? So if a anime ship has tastefully good camo then there should be little need to filter it right? Or am I missing out on something. Anyway let me know in the comments.

Here is a source for the info I'm speaking of. I'm not sure how much you trust Reddit but it is exciting to me.

Also, it will be interesting to see whether or not the Harekaze will be a IJN captain trainer, which she well could be, or some other thing. I heard that the Isoroku cat captain that came out in asia was an IJN captain and is trainable for any ship. Sorta nifty.

Edited by Jakajan

Since I strongly dislike anime culture, I sure hope there is the option...

Posted (edited) · Report post

Since I strongly dislike anime culture, I sure hope there is the option...

These ships are probably the least weeb. The thing about Hare is that she's different to current ships. It's not like the ARP stuff where they are 100% Kongos, Myoukous and atagos. So you can't really call her "Kagero" Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro

They aren't the same thing, therefore no.

Probably just have option to hide camo.

Based mainly on the fact that WG seems intent to offer them as "regular" premium ships, I suspect that their general behavior will be more in line with "regular" premiums than ARP ships. My guesses are:

• They will probably have some XP or credit income boost
  • They probably won't be tagged/filtered (or at least not nearly as strongly as the ARP ships are)
  • You can switch captains without penalty, but maybe not necessarily for IJN

If they do filter/censor the ships, I'm really curious to see what the Harekaze will pose as. The ARP Kongos were straight up clones, so displaying them as regular Kongos was appropriate for players with the ARP filter off, but the Harekaze with the weird gun turrets doesn't have an in-game (or a real life?) equivalent. It would also be interesting if they have the HSF be IJN compatible and then you have an IJN compatible Graf Spee too. 

If they do filter/censor the ships, I'm really curious to see what the Harekaze will pose as. The ARP Kongos were straight up clones, so displaying them as regular Kongos was appropriate for players with the ARP filter off, but the Harekaze with the weird gun turrets doesn't have an in-game (or a real life?) equivalent. It would also be interesting if they have the HSF be IJN compatible and then you have an IJN compatible Graf Spee too. 

It's not exactly the same mountings/guns, but Yukikaze went through similar real-life rearmaments (12.7cm -> 10cm -> US 5") when she was handed over to the Chinese as Tan Yang. If they were to mask Harekaze, maybe she'd appear in the Pan-Asia tree as Tan Yang? Graf Spee in game wasn't too dissimilar from the Haifuri Spee, so I imagine it would just look like KMS Spee.

Then again, masking Harekaze as Tan Yang might upset the history buffs who want to see a future Yukikaze premium like that.

I don't think they will be filtered. The camos look realistic enough that it won't ruin immersion (like glowing ARP ships do). I'll buy it if it gets the cat captain, otherwise nope - I don't wanna hear squeaky Japanese in my ear. I'd take the cat just grumbling and meowing the whole time though. 

I don't think they will be filtered. The camos look realistic enough that it won't ruin immersion (like glowing ARP ships do). I'll buy it if it gets the cat captain, otherwise nope - I don't wanna hear squeaky Japanese in my ear. I'd take the cat just grumbling and meowing the whole time though. 

I think you can get the cat captain from playing a Mikasa mission, according to the various previews.

There hasn't been a Ship named Harekaze she was made up for the show. That's why she's a little different then your standard kagero so she really isn't a IJN ship.

It comes with prefix, so I believe that the chance for a filter option is within possibility.

I am hoping for the filter. I realize that this anime isn't so glaringly unreal as the ARP anime but I really only want to see "historically-based" ships in my port. I am not a fan of anime in the game.

Hm. I understand the points. But I am curious if history buffs are okay with paper ships in the game, but are those same people not okay with anime ships?

Hm. I understand the points. But I am curious if history buffs are okay with paper ships in the game, but are those same people not okay with anime ships?

My expectations are that a majority of "history buffs" on the NA server cannot differentiate real IJN ship names from fake ones, especially when it comes to DDs and will only find out if they bother looking it up.

Like, here's a quiz for anyone.

Real or Fake ship names during 1900 - 1945?

1. Argentina maru
  2. Yamatsuki
  3. USS John Smith
  4. HMS Bathurst
  5. Numakaze

She shouldn't, just to piss off people who complain that anime contributes nothing useful to this game.  I doubt the Haifuri ships will have their own nation if they're going to be premiums, so you could swap captains if you wanted to.  The skippers that come with premium ships only have 1 point to start with anyways, so unless you can earn a better one through a mission, it'll be easy to just not use the non-voiceover captains.

Not that an actually-viable Japanese DD contributes much in the eyes of the average stormtrooper-approved idealistic bastard...:hmm:

Edited by TenguBlade

My expectations are that a majority of "history buffs" on the NA server cannot differentiate real IJN ship names from fake ones, especially when it comes to DDs and will only find out if they bother looking it up.

1. Argentina maru
  2. Yamatsuki
  3. USS John Smith
  4. HMS Bathurst
  5. Numakaze

I like your quiz and I did no research on this, here are my answers. Lets see how terrible I am.

1: Sounds fake, not sure why.

2: Yamatsuki = mountain moon. It sounds pretty enough, possible ship, though not concrete. I will say yes she is.

3: Yes, I think I have her in my port but not certain!

4: Sounds legit enough.

5: Numakaze? I have no idea what Numa means in Japanese so I'll call it a false ship.

How terrible did I do?

So

#1 Fake

#2 Real

#3 Real

#4 Real

#5 Fake

Regardless of the results ty for the quiz. You entertained me while I drank a rather delicious mocha coffee that had a cute little heart shaped cream on top.... Yes I know I normally drink tea, but coffee once in a while is still good!

ehhh, I looked it up and saw where I was right or wrong. was Interesting.

Edited by Jakajan

I like your quiz and I did no research on this, here are my answers. Lets see how terrible I am.

1: Sounds fake, not sure why.

2: Yamatsuki = mountain moon. It sounds pretty enough, possible ship, though not concrete. I will say yes she is.

3: Yes, I think I have her in my port but not certain!

4: Sounds legit enough.

5: Numakaze? I have no idea what Numa means in Japanese so I'll call it a false ship.

How terrible did I do?

So

#1 Fake

#2 Real

#3 Real

#4 Real

#5 Fake

Regardless of the results ty for the quiz. You entertained me while I drank a rather delicious mocha coffee that had a cute little heart shaped cream on top.... Yes I know I normally drink tea, but coffee once in a while is still good!

ehhh, I looked it up and saw where I was right or wrong. was Interesting.

Answers are in the spoiler

Yeah, you got 100% of it wrong, lol

1. Real. Argentina-maru was a passenger ship that was converted into a CVL and renamed "Kaiyo"
  2. Fake. Although it does sound real, "山月" would be pronounced "Sangetsu"
  3. Fake. There are multiple USN ships that start with "USS John...", but none of them are "Smith"
  4. Fake. There is an HMAS Bathurst, but not an HMS Bathurst.
  5. Real. Numakaze was a Minekaze-class DD.

As long as it was fun! :medal:

Edited by MrDeaf

Personally I don't care for anime ships but am glad that they are in the game to make their fans happy. As long as I have the "turn off" option I don't care. What I would like them to do though is allow the sale of the ships if given as rewards. If you look at the forum posts, many people who are not fans were annoyed that the ARP stuff could not be sold. IMHO it was mistake and only led to people getting angry for no good reason. Since you can sell every other reward ship and in many cases, almost any reward, it is beyond idiotic that you would anger many of your customers by making an exception for anime ships. 

I'm willing to bet that the way ARP ships can appear as either anime ships and regular ships makes it hard for the devs to make a way to sell them, and the way their captains work is also probably really difficult to untangle. It's like a whole nation of clones that can be toggled on and off.

As for Harekaze, I doubt she can "hidden" like ARP content. Maybe any cosmetic effects of the Haifuri crossover could be disabled (making Graf Spee look more or less like what she does now but without premium camo), but this ship and the current Kagerou are very different in terms of armament and should not be labeled as the same ship. It'd be like calling the (in-game) Scharnhorst and Gneisenau the same.

I'm willing to bet that the way ARP ships can appear as either anime ships and regular ships makes it hard for the devs to make a way to sell them, and the way their captains work is also probably really difficult to untangle. It's like a whole nation of clones that can be toggled on and off.

As for Harekaze, I doubt she can "hidden" like ARP content. Maybe any cosmetic effects of the Haifuri crossover could be disabled (making Graf Spee look more or less like what she does now but without premium camo), but this ship and the current Kagerou are very different in terms of armament and should not be labeled as the same ship. It'd be like calling the (in-game) Scharnhorst and Gneisenau the same.

Yeah I see your point. That is a very good example.

On the other counter argument Mogami can have either gun configuration.

In case anyone didn't figure it out yet, Instead of Hare, get benson instead

It would also be interesting if they have the HSF be IJN compatible and then you have an IJN compatible Graf Spee too. 

Seems more likely that Wilhelmina will count as a German captain while the cat and the Harekaze crew count as IJN captains, if "HSF" isn't going to be considered a nation of its own.

I refuse to support any Anime creepiness in WoWS.

The Anime Avatars and the Anime images are already at toxic effluent levels as it is.

NO.

I refuse to support any Anime creepiness in WoWS.

The Anime Avatars and the Anime images are already at toxic effluent levels as it is.

NO.

hahEBTn.jpg

We need some way of distinguishing it from regular Kagero's if it pans out like we think it might. The fact it could have USN 5" or the 100mm HA guns significantly affects its gunnery compared to a normal Kagero. I'm not necessarily saying that those who hate anime need to have it forced upon them, but there needs to be some way to know.

Honestly, why can't we take the easy road and keep it named Harekaze so we know what we might be getting into in a fight compared to a Kagero, but have any anime paint jobs be optional content with a port filter? Would that not satisfy the majority?

I guess having the option to hide camo is good enough. 

harekaze is different from kagero...so can't really share the same name.

I am so hyped on this and can't wait to get her. 

1. Argentina maru
  2. Yamatsuki
  3. USS John Smith
  4. HMS Bathurst
  5. Numakaze

Without looking them up

1. Real

2. Fake

3. Fake, but there is an actual USS John Smith to be named soon after a current Admiral John Smith

4. Real, but it was HMAS; however, HMS Bathurst was a famous sloop that saw action around the time of the barbary pirates wars and war of 1812 while it explored the areas around Australia hence why HMAS Bathurst was named in it's honor.

5. Real, was a minekaze class or along side Nokazi and Namikaze they took into consideration of reports of the earlier launched vessels and improved the location of the center gun mount aft to give them better access by placing it near mount 4.