KDEstroy

Probabilities for the Try Your Luck Container

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

16 posts in this topic

So as you all know, the TYL container has an increased chance of pulling a Supercontainer, but how much more likely is it actually? I don't need exact percentages, I would just like to know how many times more likely you are to draw a Supercontainer compared to the regular container options.

Also, what are the chances of getting the different rewards from SCs? I know you can get signals, camos, credits, free-xp, "premium" upgrades, and premium ships, but are there other rewards as well? What are the chances of getting a premium ship? What about the upgrades?

I have never gotten a super container from the other options. You can get port slots which is great. You are basically gambling.

2% chance for Pick Your Luck, 1% for the other 3.

They increased the chances, it's 3% and 1.5%.

They increased the chances, it's 3% and 1.5%.

Oh, really? Hmm. 1.5% is good enough for me then. I got 1k doubloons from a SC I got from picking the More Flags option.

Posted (edited) · Report post

X15's on the mark for the odds of getting a Super Container -- it was buffed in 0.6.0.  This means you'll probably go through 20 to 60 Try Your Luck Crates before seeing one.  Remember, random chance is streaky, so you might find two within 25 crates and then not see another one for another 100 crates after that.  It will all balance out in the end.  As for rewards, here's the approximate list before 0.6.0.  It has since changed and I haven't found any probability charts from after that time.

• Bundle of Signal Flags (100 to 250):  39.5%
  • Large Sum of Credits (5M+):  26.3%
  • Bundle of Premium Camouflage (50):  15.1%
  • Bundle of Premium Consumables (250):  10.9%
  • Free Experience (500+): 5.5%
  • Premium Ship:  1.2%
  • Doubloons (1k+):  1.1%
  • 30 Days Premium Time:  0.4%
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

X15's on the mark for the odds of getting a Super Container -- it was buffed in 0.6.0.  This means you'll probably go through 20 to 60 Try Your Luck Crates before seeing one.  Remember, random chance is streaky, so you might find two within 25 crates and then not see another one for another 100 crates after that.  It will all balance out in the end.  As for rewards, here's the approximate list before 0.6.0.  It has since changed and I haven't found any probability charts from after that time.

It was only the flags that were dropped from the supercontainers, right? Because, I could well see the devs simply substituting the special modules for the flags, and leaving the chances alone beyond that.  

It was only the flags that were dropped from the supercontainers, right? Because, I could well see the devs simply substituting the special modules for the flags, and leaving the chances alone beyond that.  

I think you can still get 100 dragon flags, or at least some amount of dragon flags, but yeah, flag SC's were replaced with the new 'special' modules.

Since the flag bundles were canned, I haven't bothered with SC's now. The only useful are the ones that increase the effect of Speed Booster to 3 mins, and decrease cooldown of Hydro. The ones that slashes the cooldown of Repair party by 40% is useful on Carriers too, though. But beyond those 3, anything else is useless,a s far as rare modules go.

Ergo, the more Flags/Signals, the better, as those are always useful.

I got the spotter plane module three bloody times in a row. FML.

I got the spotter plane module three bloody times in a row. FML.

Yeah, my Supercontainers have been the special consumables, so I think River's on the mark with the substitution.  The way it used to work was each flag type had a certain chance of dropping.  With them removed, that would leave about 6.5% chance for Dragon Flags and the other 32.8% chance or so for the new modules.

I got a module that didn't really help me at all, and then 30 days of premium recently. Not that I don't mind the premium time, (Helps greatly with grinding free xp) but i REALLY want those premium ships. Going for a Imperator Nikolai. One day, it shall be mine... :look:

I got some gold from one of the few supercontainers I drew...I never bothered with TYL since, because I can get equally valuable reserve and port slots from flags and credit boxes, respectively.

All I know is, I tried Try your Luck containers for ages without seeing one. Then, I switched to Camo containers and got 2 within a week. RNGesus seems to have a preference. 

I got a module that didn't really help me at all, and then 30 days of premium recently. Not that I don't mind the premium time, (Helps greatly with grinding free xp) but i REALLY want those premium ships. Going for a Imperator Nikolai. One day, it shall be mine... :look:

Imperator Nikolai I is soooo much fun hehe I agree. You should wait for the next Santa Christmas event next winter. It could be your chance there.

I did 70 TYL with no supercontainers, and gave up on TYL...  It's now been 120 containers with no supercontainers.  I've got a clan mate with the same kind of numbers...  But another clan mate seems to get a SC every couple weeks.  Last one for me was like November...