JamesSinks

WOWs c'mon you gotta do something about the excessive number of torps

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

115 posts in this topic

Yeah another torps complaint. The sheer numbers are so unrealistic in upper tiers. Get anywhere near a cruiser and DD and you're turning to try to avoid the 30 torps coming at you only to turn into the 12 fired by the cruiser that was to your left. A maximum number of reloads that's been mentioned before seems like it'd be the trick. No where anywhere near the number of torps fried in a game match were fired in a battle in real life. Limited reloads would make torp ships be more judicious about when and how many they fired. Since matches are 20 minutes you really can;t up the reload times any more. Just make things a little more realistic by limiting how many reload a torp ship gets. Would solve a lot of problems and make people rely more on skill and strategy rather than the shotgun affect over and over in the same match.

You're asking for realism in an arcade game, you're never going to get realism from WG.

Yeah, no. 

Torpedos are already heavily nerfed in their current form(well, not the USN high tier ones), and if you continue to batter them, it will become even harder for the average player like me to play in them. 

Now, it's not like I don't use my guns at all, but they in no way compare to German DD guns. 

You would be surprised at the number of torpedos I send out and I only get 1-2 hits. 

You're asking for realism in an arcade game, you're never going to get realism from WG.

I'm only asking for a little more realism. That's just it this isn't an arcade game. It's based on the reality of old ships and their characteristics. I know there has to be some give and take to make the game play good. But spamming torps over and over makes it more arcade and less realistic.

Hahaha. Excessive number of torps. That's rich.

Torps have been nerfed repeatedly.....

If I in a stock North Carolina can dodge 50+ torps from a Gearing and Shimakaze working together, then you can jam your rudder in a direction once in awhile.

If I in a stock North Carolina can dodge 50+ torps from a Gearing and Shimakaze working together, then you can jam your rudder in a direction once in awhile.

The proliferation of the WASD hack feels like it's out of control in game, yet I never meet the people crying about them on the forums in game

Yeah, no. 

Torpedos are already heavily nerfed in their current form(well, not the USN high tier ones), and if you continue to batter them, it will become even harder for the average player like me to play in them. 

Now, it's not like I don't use my guns at all, but they in no way compare to German DD guns. 

You would be surprised at the number of torpedos I send out and I only get 1-2 hits. 

Limited number of hits....that's because IRL ships usually only used torps in close to finish off a severely crippled enemy ship. Torp ships shouldn't be scoring 10 or 12 hits per match. But they can now because of unlimited torps.

People keep calling for nerfing because a DD can fire dozens in a single match. Limited reloads would solve a lot of those problems nerfing attempts to address.

Limited number of hits....that's because IRL ships usually only used torps in close to finish off a severely crippled enemy ship. Torp ships shouldn't be scoring 10 or 12 hits per match. But they can now because of unlimited torps.

Well, there are a lot of things that don't match with RL in this game. I'm sure you noticed the fact that ships can magically repair catastrophic damage in the span of seconds. Maybe you noticed how there are red triangles giving warnings about torpedoes that didn't exist during WWII. 

Quite frankly, torps are fine. The only people calling for further nerfs are tunnel visioning BB drivers who can't focus on more than one thing at a time. 

Excessive Torps :wander_cap:

IMO this probably is the result when WG put an end to invisifiring in open waters. DD players in order to have some kind of damage are now prone to use torps more than the guns.

Maybe BB players have to learn to deal with it as DD players have already endured a bunch of nerfs as well.

"Just make things a little more realistic by limiting how many reload a torp ship gets. Would solve a lot of problems and make people rely more on skill and strategy rather than the shotgun affect over and over in the same match.<---- I believe this is the real key to more balanced, realistic, and enjoyable play play for everyone.

Yeah, I've run into more torps lately because no one is firing their guns anymore.  Ironically, I have gone from one of the better shimmies in NA to being absolutely destroyed for trying to play the stealth game with torps that can be seen half the map away.

Please, the IJN line almost doesn't have anything left... if anything torps need to be un-nerfed given the current state of affairs.

lol.  it is funny, but  i have sank people with my torp from Khab.  :D      people like to go straight  

Well, there are a lot of things that don't match with RL in this game. I'm sure you noticed the fact that ships can magically repair catastrophic damage in the span of seconds. Maybe you noticed how there are red triangles giving warnings about torpedoes that didn't exist during WWII. 

Quite frankly, torps are fine. The only people calling for further nerfs are tunnel visioning BB drivers who can't focus on more than one thing at a time. 

Bogus argument. Ships had repair parties the went to work immediately. Yeah it's fast because matches are only 20 minutes so it's time compressed. And during battle ships has lookouts all around the ship with binoculars looking for things like torps to give early warning.

The torps are one of 2 ways (flood/fire) the small ships can beat BBs; their pew-pews do little.

Reducing reload rates will once again affect the small ships.

Take torpedoes away from all BBs and heavy CAs as they have their guns as Alpha damage?

What about Hydro, many ships have it; do we reduce their numbers? And the torpedo belt armour? Will the remaining torpedoes be buffed?

Calling for nerfs because you are frustrated or don't like something, is what will ruin this game. 

"Just make things a little more realistic by limiting how many reload a torp ship gets. Would solve a lot of problems and make people rely more on skill and strategy rather than the shotgun affect over and over in the same match.<---- I believe this is the real key to more balanced, realistic, and enjoyable play play for everyone.

Just play tiddly winks instead of warships. No one ever fires torps at you while playing tiddly winks. :trollface:

lol.  it is funny, but  i have sank people with my torp from Khab.  :D      people like to go straight  

I'm almost continually zig zagging. But you can't dodge 3 dozen torps at t.he same time

Posted (edited) · Report post

*checks player profile* There should be a requirement for making posts like this guy. :facepalm:

Battleship- Number of Battles: 1,293

Highest tier: 9

Destroyers- Number of Battles: 23

Highest tier: 4

spkyrll.gif

Edited by Vekta408

I'm almost continually zig zagging. But you can't dodge 3 dozen torps at t.he same time

You aren't supposed to. Otherwise, how would the DD's do any damage? 

The torps are one of 2 ways (flood/fire) the small ships can beat BBs; their pew-pews do little.

Reducing reload rates will once again affect the small ships.

Take torpedoes away from all BBs and heavy CAs as they have their guns as Alpha damage?

What about Hydro, many ships have it; do we reduce their numbers? And the torpedo belt armour? Will the remaining torpedoes be buffed?

Calling for nerfs because you are frustrated or don't like something, is what will ruin this game. 

A DD should not be able to beat a battleship. Wound it, sure. But what this game good is it's historical accuracy about the ships. Again, some things have to be compromised to be able to have a  games/simulation like this. Hydro..ships had sonar. And yes radars. Limiting reloads isn't a nerf. It's making  player use learned skills and strategy rather than arcade type game play.

A DD should not be able to beat a battleship. Wound it, sure. But what this game good is it's historical accuracy about the ships. Again, some things have to be compromised to be able to have a  games/simulation like this. Hydro..ships had sonar. And yes radars. Limiting reloads isn't a nerf. It's making  player use learned skills and strategy rather than arcade type game play.

Fine then. But only if a single torpedo hit can disable a battleship. 

​You really need to take a closer look at where and how they use "historical accuracy". It's not what you think it is. There are elements of historical accuracy but this game is far from being "good" at it. It's not a ship simulator.

No DD can send 3 set of torps from different directions  At the same time. So it must be more than 1 DD and you should not dodge all tops from 2 or more DD working together.

The proliferation of the WASD hack feels like it's out of control in game, yet I never meet the people crying about them on the forums in game

WASD hack is OP, pls nerf players' brains.