sartt

This game is broken, AP shells from my N.C Don't Do Anything.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

179 posts in this topic

I'm really confused as to why the OP should listen to any of you people giving him WRONG information.  The video clearly showed a penetration.  The penetration was to the ship, not a module (unless the replay is lying...which I concede might be the case due to sync issues).  The Amagi he hit was at almost full health.  There is no saturation present at this point.  It doesn't matter that he aimed high because the results showed a penetration.  It doesn't matter that shots from 21km are crapshoots because the results show that he scored a penetrating hit.  It doesn't matter that the OP might have gotten a hit on a thick angled surface because the RESULTS SHOWED HE GOT A PENETRATING HIT.  He should have gotten a 33% damage hit but didn't.  All the OP was asking was if anyone knew why his REGISTERED penetration didn't give him any damage.  The only answer/opinion that has been given here that makes any sense at all is Lert's that he hit a module that didn't give a HP reduction.  However, there is no indication that any module was damaged/destroyed, which makes that option unlikely, IMO.

This is the same AP round fired x6, at a BIsmarck at 19km. You win some, you lose some.

b81a2N8.png

I scored a direct hit that penetrated the Deck.  This is something you seem to continue to ignore.  A penetration can't bounce if it penetrates. .

0:21 I saw the only penetrating hit, it was on the barbette or the turret side of the B turret of the Amagi. A hit on the deck is a guaranteed auto bounce due to critical angle of approach.

MpH5Xa2.png?2

14.3x armor over-match ratio

32mm x 14.3 = 457.6mm

457.6mm > 406mm + <30d impact angle = bounce

NC shells will need around 30km to get >30d deck impact angles.

I'm really confused as to why the OP should listen to any of you people giving him WRONG information.  The video clearly showed a penetration.  The penetration was to the ship, not a module (unless the replay is lying...which I concede might be the case due to sync issues).  The Amagi he hit was at almost full health.  There is no saturation present at this point.  It doesn't matter that he aimed high because the results showed a penetration.  It doesn't matter that shots from 21km are crapshoots because the results show that he scored a penetrating hit.  It doesn't matter that the OP might have gotten a hit on a thick angled surface because the RESULTS SHOWED HE GOT A PENETRATING HIT.  He should have gotten a 33% damage hit but didn't.  All the OP was asking was if anyone knew why his REGISTERED penetration didn't give him any damage.  The only answer/opinion that has been given here that makes any sense at all is Lert's that he hit a module that didn't give a HP reduction.  However, there is no indication that any module was damaged/destroyed, which makes that option unlikely, IMO.

it's also possible to hit the torpedo bulge, penetrate it, but not the armor behind it, and this will result in a no-damage penetration hit.

0:21 I saw the only penetrating hit, it was on the barbette or the turret side of the B turret of the Amagi. A hit on the deck is a guaranteed auto bounce due to critical angle of approach.

MpH5Xa2.png?2

Zoom and enhance! :red_button:

You shouldn't really aim at the waterline of a german battleship, aim just above the hull

Actually I find myself aiming at their mid-belt more and more often unless I'm "torpedo range" close.

Bruh. i've aimed at the waterline and 6 of my A.P Shells were deflected off a Scharnhorst but didn't have a recording of it..  That is one of the main reasons i started doing replays,because no one would believe that.

Bruh. You aren't a bad BB player but you ain't listening.

At that range, you're better off firing HE -or- targeting one of those cruisers. I ignore BBs at the beginning, even broadside because I know hitting  a cruiser will bring me the lovely citadels.

The only answer/opinion that has been given here that makes any sense at all is Lert's that he hit a module that didn't give a HP reduction.  However, there is no indication that any module was damaged/destroyed, which makes that option unlikely, IMO.

Modules get a saving throw against damage. Meaning that if you hit a module hard enough to pen it, it can still make a saving throw and avoid getting damaged.

MpH5Xa2.png?2

Turret barbettes count as such.

Actually I find myself aiming at their mid-belt more and more often unless I'm "torpedo range" close.

Bruh. You aren't a bad BB player but you ain't listening.

At that range, you're better off firing HE -or- targeting one of those cruisers. I ignore BBs at the beginning, even broadside because I know hitting  a cruiser will bring me the lovely citadels.

Yeah like i said, i had A.P loaded, and i fired The game just started.

Yeah like i said, i had A.P loaded, and i fired The game just started.

Nothing wrong with that. Your shells could've just as easily hit a degree or two lower and you could've just as easily gotten some very juicy damage on that Amagi, if RNG had been with you.

This time though, it wasn't.

MpH5Xa2.png?2

This shell in this hit the deck not any part of the turret. The shell after it hit the turret, and it did not penetrate, you can even hear the sound of it breaking.

This is the same AP round fired x6, at a BIsmarck at 19km. You win some, you lose some.

b81a2N8.png

i see smoke :D

This shell in this hit the deck not any part of the turret. The shell after it hit the turret, and it did not penetrate, you can even hear the sound of it breaking.

Really? Because it looks bound directly for the #2 Barbette here:

ilM37yv.jpg

You are free to believe whatever you want sweetheart. I'm done trying to persuade stubborn and pretentious students still learning the game mechanics, it taxes my patience. Go scroll the video over and over again and try to find the penetration yourself.

op doesn't want advice he just wants hugs

HUGS

hugs lead to free candy in a van down by the river. 

You are free to believe whatever you want sweetheart. I'm done trying to persuade stubborn and pretentious students still learning the game mechanics, it taxes my patience. Go scroll the video over and over again and try to find the penetration yourself.

K w/e take your elitist b.s and go somewhere. im looking at my video in higher definition that your out of focus screenshot. Im watching the Shell hit the deck. Not the turret, im watching it penetrate the deck.

Don't take the flash as 'evidence' that it has penetrated what it hit. The bounce half a second earlier also produced a flash.

As for the deck, once again, NC cannot penetrate Amagi's deck at that angle at that range.

I'm done too. You're free to believe whatever you want.

Things I know to be FACTS surrounding this post.

1. NOBODY knows EXACTLY what happened in the shot OP is complaining about.

and that's it, PERIOD. NOBODY knows EXACTLY what happened.

Could that shell have hit a module and still have done zero damage? (Lert Scenario?) HELL YES IT COULD!!

Could that shell have hit and done NO DAMAGE? (OP Scenario) HELL YES IT COULD!!

Are any of you going to figure it out here? NO!!

There is an absolute BOATLOAD (actually MANY boatloads) of WoW Player experience in this thread. I think over half the Captains in this post are on RivertheRoyal's now imfamous hit list, so we're talking some damn fine skillsets here. If anyone knows what happened here, in my opinion, it would be them.

You can choose to respectfully accept and evaluate that advice, or choose to ignore it in your own way. But what you are getting upset about here is EVERYONE trying to HELP you figure out why your boat went BOOM! Why are you mad about that?!?!

What you SHOULD be getting out of this thread is an overwhelming feeling of support on an issue that is obviously important to you. Do you really want friends and associates who only give you good news? accept what the players have to say; they don't have to say it. Accept the spirit in which it is given, they didn't have to offer you squat.

But go ahead and be mad if you want, free world after all.

Then can someone tell me where are the shells deflecting too? 

It's 'to'...FTFY.

HUGS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go sink some ships boys!

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

All it penned was either a AA mount or a place that was already damage saturated. I've had this happen before. Don't blame the game for you aiming too high.

Posted (edited) · Report post

due to the fact that the display is optimised and desync exists anyway and it's what the "SERVER" sees as the impact point, not what the client paints on the screen, then the replay is irrelevant anyway.. same issue as a replay showing a torpedo strike but the game not actually having one or vice versa.

Half the stuff on the screen is a best guess effect not what the server is actually recording and operating by.

M

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

K w/e take your elitist b.s and go somewhere. im looking at my video in higher definition that your out of focus screenshot. Im watching the Shell hit the deck. Not the turret, im watching it penetrate the deck.

Go whine somewhere else. You really make a whole whine thread because of one 0 damage pen? Really? What are you, ten?

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

Don't ask a question if you fear the answer.

~Shinedown

Seriously, why would you have your problem explained to you and then tell the explainer that they're wrong? If you knew what was going on, you wouldn't have to fvcking ask what is happening here. You would be the one explaining, not the one being explained to. The only poor coding going on is inside the brain of sartt. God's soldering iron must have been wearing out or something.