sartt

This game is broken, AP shells from my N.C Don't Do Anything.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

179 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

My shells do 0 damage even on a penetration. 1 shell hit his turret and breaks others hit the superstructure and bounces off at a downward angle of attack? I really dont care about the deflections but my pen did 0 damage? This is why i hate using the N.C.

27630ca3-ac29-463a-af57-dac4493e4ace_zps

408afd99-0b8f-414e-a545-68c0387b482d_zps

Edited by sartt

Aimed a bit too high. The full pen was Probably damage saturation.

A ship has many external modules. Turrets, AA mounts, etc. Hitting those shows up as 'pen' but doesn't do hitpoint damage to the hull.

Video shows you're doing it wrong. Also 21km shots are a crap shoot.

Edited by CapnCappy

A ship has many external modules. Turrets, AA mounts, etc. Hitting those shows up as 'pen' but doesn't do hitpoint damage to the hull.

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

You didn't aim for his citadel too well.

My NC uses HE beyond 16km anyway. Rather chance the fire RNG.

Video shows you're doing it wrong. Also 21km shots are a crap shoot.

. " also 21km shots are a crap shoot "   Yeah thanks for this useless opinion of yours.

You didn't aim for his citadel too well.

My NC uses HE beyond 16km anyway. Rather chance the fire RNG.

Doesn't matter even if i did the shells would have bounced with this games horrid coding. Besides the game game just started and i saw a broadsided Amagi and fired.

Then can someone tell me where are the shells deflecting too? 

You are asking for opinions, and people are giving them to you, and you rejected all of them. I will give them to you again, and if you reject them still I'll see myself out, no point arguing with someone who don't understand the game mechanics.

RNG didn't place your shell on the belt of the Amagi, therefore the hits scored either auto-bounce off the 32mm+ deck of the Amagi, over penetrate the superstructure or hit and penetrate the main battery turrets, causing damage only to the hidden separate turret health bar.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

. " also 21km shots are a crap shoot "   Yeah thanks for this useless opinion of yours.

I don't think your opinion is useless Lert. :honoring:

OP didn't come here for advice/suggestions, he just came here to rant. 

You are asking for opinions, and people are giving them to you, and you rejected all of them. I will give them to you again, and if you reject them still I'll see myself out, no point arguing with someone who don't understand the game mechanics.

RNG didn't place your shell on the belt of the Amagi, therefore the hits scored either auto-bounce off the 32mm+ deck of the Amagi, over penetrate the superstructure or hit and penetrate the main battery turrets, causing damage only to the hidden separate turret health bar.

that isn't lert. 

Oh no Lert, I dont want to hear that excuse for this games  poor coding.  I paused the game and i know where the Direct Hit was it hit the deck as a visible flash can be seen if you spam the pause key on the video at 0:21. That was a Direct hit that penetrated, and did 0 damage. 

The fact that you believe NC can actually penetrate an Amagi's deck at that range and angle tells us enough really. It can't.

(Actually, let me go doublecheck that there doesn't just happen to be a thinner section of deck plating there on Amagi ... )

Thanks.

Sincerely, Not-Lert

that isn't lert. 

Well, it still isn't a useless opinion. carry on! :D

I'm just glad OP proved a video. Usually they just whine and say "I aimed right at the waterline at 4km and only did 1k damage!"

I scored a direct hit that penetrated the Deck.  This is something you seem to continue to ignore.  A penetration can't bounce if it penetrates. .

The fact that you believe NC can actually penetrate an Amagi's deck at that range and angle tells us enough really. It can't.

So basically, you are now saying that 32 M.M of armor can stop a A.P Shell? Because thats how thick the deck Armor of the Amagi is.Now you give me a reason on why it can't. I really want to know, i want you to do the math, and explain to me where you get your opinion from. Oh and B.T.W i have penetrated the deck of a Amagi in a N.C before using A.P So Lert, i really have to ask Where are you getting your opinions from? 

I'm just glad OP proved a video. Usually they just whine and say "I aimed right at the waterline at 4km and only did 1k damage!"

Bruh. i've aimed at the waterline and 6 of my A.P Shells were deflected off a Scharnhorst but didn't have a recording of it..  That is one of the main reasons i started doing replays,because no one would believe that. 

(Actually, let me go doublecheck that there doesn't just happen to be a thinner section of deck plating there on Amagi ... )

I was right. That section of deck is 32mm, which NC does not overmatch and under that angle does not penetrate.

So basically, you are now saying that 32 M.M of armor can stop a A.P Shell? Because thats how thick the deck Armor of the Amagi is.Now you give me a reason on why it can't. I really want to know, i want you to do the math, and explain to me where you get your opinion from. Oh and B.T.W i have penetrated the deck of a Amagi in a N.C before using A.P So Lert, i really have to ask Where are you getting your opinions from? 

Autobounce rules and overmatch rules. At angles greater than 45 degrees your shells start to get a chance to autobounce, unless they overmatch. Overmatch happens when a shell's caliber is 14.3 times the size of the armor plate it hits. This is not opinion, this is fact.

And, yes, autobounce is a real thing:

And I guarantee you, that shell's caliber was more than 14.3 times the thickness of the plate. WoWS overmatch rules are very generous towards the shooter.

Oh and B.T.W i have penetrated the deck of a Amagi in a N.C before using A.P

Yeah and yesterday I saw bigfoot after having a drink with Elvis and playing a game of cards with Mother Theresa. I realize you might believe you got deck pens on an Amagi, but not at that range. Just doesn't happen. Might've looked like it, but wasn't.

It's called modules OP. it's how a CV landed hits on my Shimakaze as I was lining up torps, did no HP damage to me, because the 2 in the squad that hit, hit my torpedo tunes. A Shimakaze that has had its torpedo reload reset is a salty Shimakaze 

Bruh. i've aimed at the waterline and 6 of my A.P Shells were deflected off a Scharnhorst but didn't have a recording of it..  That is one of the main reasons i started doing replays,because no one would believe that. 

You shouldn't really aim at the waterline of a german battleship, aim just above the hull