Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lemekillmister

Mmmmm... Show me your TDS, Alabama

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 posts in this topic

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum...

I'm driving Albama...  

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum...

Guess I'll YOLO around this island...  

Made my day.  :trollface:

yJrv4tI.jpg

f7uP3Nm.jpg

Only 13k torp damage. TDS seems to be working fine.

What doesn't seem to be "working" is the player's DCP consumable, since he didn't use to to repair the flooding that was caused.

Only 13k torp damage. TDS seems to be working fine.

What doesn't seem to be "working" is the player's DCP consumable, since he didn't use to to repair the flooding that was caused.

I staggered my launches. The first hit from the first wave of torps DIDN"T cause flooding. The second hit from second wave DID cause a big flood.

Apparently, the driver had a brain fart, activating his DCP immediately for the first one hit, not recognizing there was no flooding. When the second torp hit DID cause a flood he couldn't repair it.

While that was happening I set the ship on fire with HE, securing the kill, seconds after he killed me. That got me Liquidator and Flesh wound. 

DCP doesn't actually activate when you press it if there is nothing to fix. A fire must have started before you engaged, and he wasted it on that.

Posted (edited) · Report post

TDS seems to be working fine, the player's brain on the other hand is MIA if it existed to begin with.

If you want to see what Alabama's TDS is capable of...

Granted he was close to full HP when it happened, but he still ate 6 Benson torpedoes and lived - half of them outside the torpedo belt.  If he took all 6 hits on the TDS it would've cost him even less HP.

Edited by TenguBlade

Posted (edited) · Report post

DCP doesn't actually activate when you press it if there is nothing to fix. A fire must have started before you engaged, and he wasted it on that.

Come to think of it, that makes perfect sense.  It all happened so fast that it was a bit of a blur.  I must have started a fire on the her between when the first and second torp hits, as she came around the corner.  

The torp that caused the flooding most likely hit the AL in the nose, not the TDS. I didn't have a line of sight when it hit so I can't say for sure. I referred to the TDS in the subject line in jest because I've seen how difficult it is to torp and flood out an AL by trying a few times. I've yet to see one get through the TDS.  I was just glad to get a Liquidator on an AL any way at all.

Edited by lemekillmister

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0