Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiraKurai

A proposal for a new Bloom/Spotting System

4 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
717 posts
22,923 battles

Just something I thought of.

Why don't we make it so that gun bloom increases with how long you shoot. Of course it will not go past our firing range, however, the bloom will steadily increase and the time it will take to reset the bloom corresponds to your range. For example, if a DD had a spotting range of 5.9 and a firing range of 15 as well as an increase bloom range of, let us say, .5~.2 per a shot or something similar. when the DD has fired 4 shots .5*4 = 2 their spotting distance will now become 7.9 and will take maybe 10 or so seconds for the spotting distance to reset back to 5.9 if spotted. If the DD decides to fire 15 times .5*15 = 7.5 the new spotting range will be 13.4 and will take 15 or so seconds for the spotting range to reset. however, if the DD is spotted at her max artillery range it will take a full 20 seconds for her spotting range to reset.

Note that these values are meant to explain an idea of a new mechanic. They aren't to be balanced and I will leave t to someone else to find a way to balance the increments.

Edited by AkiraKurai

Members
282 posts
8,176 battles

Too complicated. Just adjust the bloom duration for each class (except CV for obvious reasons)

Example:

BB 30 sec.

CA/CL 20 sec.

DD 10 sec.

• Cool 1

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

Too complicated. Just adjust the bloom duration for each class (except CV for obvious reasons)

Example:

BB 30 sec.

CA/CL 20 sec.

DD 10 sec.

I think the gun bloom should at least equal your reload. Take the Isokaze, iirc she has a 12 second reload. Makes no sense for her to drop off between shots. Minimum 10 seconds

Sign in to follow this