You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YukonHunter

So far, 6.3 is continuing the trend.

87 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
742 posts
7,187 battles

That trend being - lip service to fixing the game while doing nothing to actually FIX IT.

DDs are still cloaking and invisifiring, HE and fires got another blatant buff especially on cruisers, RNG is still a joke especially inside 6km, and BBs are still the bottom of the playability pole overall.

Ultimately, disappointed and unsurprised.

Edit - oh, and Epicenter is even more stupid than it was before. Also, while on the point of multi caps - what the Hades is the point of having a large map with 3,4 or more cap zones when they are all practically sit on top of each other? Whose brilliant brainwave was that anyway?

Edited by YukonHunter
  • Cool 1

[MOLD]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Try playing something different than BB for a while and maybe you will start noticing changes.

• Cool 3

Members
102 posts
13,519 battles

That trend being - lip service to fixing the game while doing nothing to actually FIX IT.

DDs are still cloaking and invisifiring, HE and fires got another blatant buff especially on cruisers, RNG is still a joke especially inside 6km, and BBs are still the bottom of the playability pole overall.

Edit - oh, and Epicenter is even more stupid than it was before. Also, while on the point of multi caps - what the Hades is the point of having a large map with 3,4 or more cap zones when they are all practically sit on top of each other? Whose brilliant brainwave was that anyway?

This guy again.  THIS is what is cancer in this game.  BBaby!

World of Warships not, to your utter disappointment, World of Battleships.

But more whining from the likes of you and it may soon change names too.

Members
102 posts
13,519 battles

Copied your post and my reply from my recent, unrelated by the way, thread on IFHE.

Just a bit of a hint - if you are nothing but an HE spammer then you clearly need to LTP the game. HE spam = cancer, almost as bad as cloaking DDs or sky cancer.

BBaby main by any chance.  Sure sounds like it.

I know when to use HE vs AP.  But will play to whatever my ship's prevalent trait is and or strength is at any given time as often as possible.  If you are in your BB and are angled to my cruiser you had better belly up for a nice full plate of spammed HE.  And if I'm in any of my British cruisers, you will have to deal with the "cloak".  And if you are lucky enough to find me in my Belfast... you get the spammed HE from the cloak!

As a rule, play to your ship's strength and let others do the same.  And stop whining about HE, smoke, and planes.  Or on the other hand, keep doing just that.  Wargaming seems to have no end to how far they will go to pacify the BB community.  Maybe they will return to the original name for the game soon enough as well.

And no I don't play DDs (95% cruisers) very often so the recent nerfs did not affect but a couple of my curisers and I never really utilized open water stealth firing anyway.  Such a "cancer".

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Members
2,404 posts
10,764 battles

You're right that nothing changed bar a few [edited]ships getting shittier, but that's about it.

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

I fail to see how you can complain that the game is somehow worse for battleships, when the recent changes had a massive effect on weakening DDs and cruisers. The stealthfire change not only removed a useful tool from many DDs, but it also made battleships stronger, since their detection after firing was reduced. To claim that "BBs are still the bottom of the playability pole overall"  is simply nonsense. They are the strongest and most popular class on all servers at the moment, if you believe that they are somehow a weak class, I must question whether you are playing them correctly. You then claimed that HE and fires were somehow buffed - which they were not. In the recent captain changes, Demolition Expert was reduced, and the even more recent stealthfire change severely limits ships that would often fire HE from long range. 

If you truly believe what you have written in your post, I cannot help but think that you fail to have any understanding of the game and its mechanics. This is not World of Battleships, and WG should not cater to the "BBabies" of the playerbase who cannot comprehend that their favorite class is not immune to all the other classes of ship. 

• Cool 6

[UDEAD]
Members
80 posts
5,048 battles

I fail to see any valid points in your complaint. So there for it will be rejected. If you feel this way then maybe you should practice a little more so other players dont take advantage of your lack of skill.

• Cool 4

Members
36 posts
22,141 battles

BBs are very playable in this meta. All ships are playable for the right captain. We are not great at every ship or ship class with exception of a few players. There is always room for improvement from game developers and players. Try to offer solutions that balance the game not a single class of ships. BBs dislike invisible firing, cruisers dislike being deleted by BBs, DDs dislike being spotted by CVs and CVs dislike ships with great AA, That seems like something towards balance.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

BB's are fine. Some say they get buffed every patch, even. Maybe work on your aiming, positioning, and map awareness skills some more?

Here's an example of a game where 4/5 of the top places on our team were BB's:

http://i.imgur.com/5wiekcV.png

Edited by Excield

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

This guy again.  THIS is what is cancer in this game.  BBaby!

World of Warships not, to your utter disappointment, World of Battleships.

But more whining from the likes of you and it may soon change names too.

Actually people that take the time to respond to a post they don't agree with and instead of posting something useful they immediately resort to name calling are the real cancer. 

The OP complains, a LOT, everybody knows it, nobody needs a whining DD / CA main coming along throwing fuel on the fire though. 

• Cool 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,667 posts

Actually people that take the time to respond to a post they don't agree with and instead of posting something useful they immediately resort to name calling are the real cancer.

The OP complains, a LOT, everybody knows it, nobody needs a whining DD / CA main coming along throwing fuel on the fire though.

Totally agree, but you have just attacked a part of the community whilst not offering anything constructive yourself? A vicious circle indeed.

I am unsure where you feel that the game has not been fixed; could you elaborate on what you expected please? I understand the areas where you say there has been a buff (fire chance), has there, how?

Where do you find the playability of BBs is at the bottom. More people play them over any other ships. All classes have their good and bad. :honoring:

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,337 battles

g2O8YTa.jpg
  • Cool 2

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles

It's really unfortunate that the OP and a few others share this warped idea. Calling out "blatant buffs" to things that didn't get a buff of any kind, claiming the most played ship type in game is "unplayable". It's all really adding up to make a whole lot of sense.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,364 battles

Obligatory:

:popcorn:

Truly, grasshopper, you have grown!

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,078 battles

It's really unfortunate that the OP and a few others share this warped idea. Calling out "blatant buffs" to things that didn't get a buff of any kind, claiming the most played ship type in game is "unplayable". It's all really adding up to make a whole lot of sense.

Worst part is that the devs listen to people like him.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,364 battles
You state DD's are still "cloaking and invisifiring", where?
Show me a replay, or live with me laughing at you and calling you a liar in public.

HE and Fires got a blatant buff, especially on cruisers.

Really?

Which cruisers are kicking your BaBBy butt all over the map?

RNG is still a joke inside 6K. Try learning to shoot your guns off instead of your mouth.

The translation for this whining, childish rant is as follows:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

DD's still kill me!!

Cruisers still kill me!

I can't shoot them back because I spent all my time whining instead of learning to shoot!

AND nobody has changed the map I hate!!

Nerf EVERYTHING THAT HURTS MY PRECIOUS BB'S!!

Shut up. Grow up.

Edited by Umikami
  • Cool 3

Members
2,246 posts
2,602 battles

The change has definitely separated the good DD players from the bad ones, that's for sure. I'm seeing about half the DD's well in advance and blowing them clear to Mars on a regular basis.

It's only the ones that really knew what they were doing to begin with that are still able to walk the tight rope of visibility. I'm OK with that.

The only issue I have is how fast they can reload torpedoes. That's just ridiculous...because you see this every 30 seconds and it's just ridiculous:

gr54kqE.jpg

[MOLD]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Battleships are beautiful though.

sometimes they are

1280px-The_USS_Arizona_%28BB-39%29_burni

Edited by m373x

Members
825 posts
13,665 battles

The only issue I have is how fast they can reload torpedoes. That's just ridiculous...because you see this every 30 seconds and it's just ridiculous:

Seriously ?

So now, DDs having torpedoes is an issue ? And I would be interesting in knowing which DD can spam 20 torps every 30s.

• Cool 1