Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IAMMUDBONE

USS Alabama

91 comments in this topic

AJTP89    182
On 7/1/2017 at 5:33 PM, KnightFandragon said:

Make Money, I wish.  If not for the 50% Gamescon camo on mine, it would be making like 15-30k a game in PVE.......make money, your funny.  It should be making with it's default camo, what im making with gamescon.  100K+ with the Gamescon, that's frankly where it should be.  Its  50 dollar premium ship and doesnt even make money. 

You're playing PvE. That's why. Credit earning is terrible in PvE. I easily make 100K+ with mine in PvP with the standard Camo. It's a great ship.

11 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

You're playing PvE. That's why. Credit earning is terrible in PvE. I easily make 100K+ with mine in PvP with the standard Camo. It's a great ship.

Well, id be fine with 50k after repairs with its default camo in PVE......not barely making money with it lol...not 10-13k....

If PVE is that easy, then crap, erase my 94 deaths and like 20 some losses, cuz, well, for that pay PVE should be so easy you cant lose or die...

HazeGrayUnderway    2,629

I love this BB, the best all-around US BB in the game.  The firepower of NC's 16"/45 shells, her AA.  Her protection, TDS is quite sufficient.  She has the perfect blend of mobility in a US BB:  The turning capability of a Standard US BB (Tier IV-VII) and the respectable speed of NC, that is a great combination and I cannot stress how well she sails as a Battleship.  She is compact and it will save her from some additional hits, especially in avoiding torps.  Her stealth can almost be as good as NC's.  No other US BB in the game brings all these nice factors into one package.  The only thing she doesn't do is snipe at range.

https://replayswows.com/replay/2193

I was just able to help make a comeback win, getting 103k damage, 6 kills, CQE x2, etc.  Got +3 karma out of it also.

7bdyGtm.jpg

I called it a night after this match because it can't get any better for the rest of the night for me :Smile_teethhappy:  Got to know when to walk away.

Jr40    0

Anyone know why they don't keep this ship on the market for sale. Like the tirpitz?

On 7/25/2017 at 1:02 PM, Jr40 said:

Anyone know why they don't keep this ship on the market for sale. Like the tirpitz?

A lot of Premium Ships are like that.  Even when in the store for ages, they can still yank it out of the blue.  Murmansk was sitting in the Premium Shop for almost a year, then WG yanked it.

Our team was actually losing this badly and we had to make a comeback.  The last 4 ships of our team was my Alabama, Sims, Atlanta, and Nurnberg.  Nurnberg was the last of our eastern group, most of whom died long before and he did his best to draw it out.  His survival until the end when the reds finally got him let us out west to start the comeback instead of pouring into Cap A and that area where the 3 of us were.

Atlanta camped the big island northeast of Cap A.  Needed to, there were lots of big ships, DDs, Cruisers in Cap B.  Sims barely survived and had to engage 1-vs-1 enemy DDs on numerous occasions.  I think Atlanta had run out of Radar charges before the endgame because the enemy DDs and Cruisers had made numerous attempts to take Cap A, most of the time actually being inside A and had to be driven out.

FEI29QJ.jpg

5Gb4RxA.jpg

qiPqHWG.jpg

Amazing BB!

ICsiwid.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

SkaerKrow    689

I'm starting to think that I should have held off on the Missouri, and picked up the Alabama instead. 

rapier_ape    12
23 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I'm starting to think that I should have held off on the Missouri, and picked up the Alabama instead. 

If you used the free XP conversion event to grab the MO (like I did) you probably made the right choice. It had been almost a year since the last time they did the 35 free XP per dubloon deal. 

• Cool 1

Solo Warrior Alabama!

yhpBoUO.jpg

0VewUuq.jpg

009pRgO.jpg

Actually, this was a frustrating game for me until the endgame portion.  I was missing A LOT of salvos that I'd easily make any other day, any other match with NC / 'Bama.  Towards the end my hits were starting to go up as well as my damage total.  Even did AA Duty protecting Bismarck and GK for a while until the group splintered.

Anyways, we were winning in caps and a large points lead.  The reds actually started killing everyone else on the team off.  When I was the last, time was already around 1 minute and I had good enough range to simply "go dark."  Stealth Builds FTW.  So no, this Solo Warrior awards wasn't for going in and sinking a bunch of dudes left and right:cap_cool:

A fun thing to do with Alabama is to bait fire by showing a bit of citadel (a "bit of leg") then promptly taking it away by quickly turning :Smile_teethhappy:

Logged my 100th match using Alabama.

Ig1mDS1.jpg

Broke into the "Top Players" list for Alabama once breaking the 100 battles mark, mainly due to WR%

pnwWI4f.jpg

Got a ways to go to get better.

x9dUvCu.jpg

Only ship I have with a good number of battles logged ranking anywhere that high.

MasterDiggs    6
On 04/01/2017 at 7:03 PM, KnightFandragon said:

Yup, the Alabama plays squarely like it should, Fast Battleship.  Go in, mix it up, tank rounds, dish damage, fall back, adjust as the battle flow changes, do what you need to, support, assault, retreat, hold, yeah.....its friggin PERFECT. 

Exactly.. I only have a few games in it but I am starting to get comfortable with it and the silver is flying in. Keep her at 10-15k as much as possible and retreat if red reenforcements are coming in overrun you. I have already taken down bismarck/tirpitz when they tried to brawl me (just stay out of their torp range). For some reason all the gneisenaus wanted a piece of me last night. I sank almost one of the buggers per game.

Edited by MasterDiggs

langston335    28

I love the Bama, stopped playing my Texas and Arizona.  Play the German Scharn, Tirp and Bis and Bama when I play BB's

4 hours ago, langston335 said:

I love the Bama, stopped playing my Texas and Arizona.  Play the German Scharn, Tirp and Bis and Bama when I play BB's

Arizona stopped being fun cuz of the crapT6 MM.....its so much fun in T8, at 20 knts, chasing down fleets of enemy ships moving 27-30+ knts, torping the god out of everything, leaving you, at best, to finish off a few stragglers if the Torps all miss and the CA/DD all die. 

THen if you find yourself in a fight, you hope its not vs the T8 BB that gets to just lol auto pen you to death...

1 hour ago, KnightFandragon said:

Arizona stopped being fun cuz of the crapT6 MM.....its so much fun in T8, at 20 knts, chasing down fleets of enemy ships moving 27-30+ knts, torping the god out of everything, leaving you, at best, to finish off a few stragglers if the Torps all miss and the CA/DD all die. 

THen if you find yourself in a fight, you hope its not vs the T8 BB that gets to just lol auto pen you to death...

Don't forget the CVs that Arizona's amazing AA suite will face :Smile_teethhappy:

Hiryu

Kaga

Saipan

Strike Ranger

Shokaku

Enterprise

Strike Lexington

Those are some nasty CVs to face with a slow BB that has s--t AA.  Even Tier VI Ryujo and Independence can do a number on her.

Sign in to follow this