Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IAMMUDBONE

USS Alabama

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

81 posts in this topic

Had a very fun time out in my Alabama for the first ride, great ending as I went against the Alabama on the enemy team and finished off their last ship. First thoughts, Alabama is a very much more maneuverable NC, with the same great guns and very much tougher armor on citadel than NC. If you like the NC, you will love the Bama.  Enjoy.

Seems to be a decent credit earner.  I would have expected more for a game like that though.

First couple of battles were okay but after that it seems that the NON-ALABAMA players were gunning for me..died to quick but maybe I got in front too fast...LOL! 

Hey WoWs..you guys are CRAZY ! I live in Canada.. the bare bones Alabama is $80 CDN and $106 for the ultimate .. OVER $100 for one boat ?? You guys are out of your minds, definitely not one I'll be buying...not at those prices..

Hey WoWs..you guys are CRAZY ! I live in Canada.. the bare bones Alabama is $80 CDN and $106 for the ultimate .. OVER $100 for one boat ?? You guys are out of your minds, definitely not one I'll be buying...not at those prices..

I live in Canada and it's $70.62 CDN for the ship and slot... just slightly cheaper than Tirpitz. I hear you though in the price, but WG marketing department knows how to maximise their profits as this is pretty average for tier 8 premium content. 

I live in Canada and it's $70.62 CDN for the ship and slot... just slightly cheaper than Tirpitz. I hear you though in the price, but WG marketing department knows how to maximise their profits as this is pretty average for tier 8 premium content. 

Bravo... currency converter put bare bones boat at $79 CDN.. but if you got it for $70 , you beat the exchange rate.. still Waaaay too much for one boat..IMHO

I bought the Alabama but haven't had a chance to play her yet. I prefer the USN battleship play style and didn't mind the raised citadel before since it doesn't bother me in Missouri. Can't wait to get out of work and give the ship a test drive.

Looking at the stats, it appears to be a more maneuverable NC that sacrifices a little in AA guns. Since it's a tier 8 that reaches 100 aa rating is still solid. The biggest difference is premium credit earning potential.

4 games in and Alabama, she handles like a dream, but wow her guns SUCK.

I dont understand them, I see a Tirpitz, sailing in a nice straight line at 15km, hes like 9 away, calculate for speed, so I put it at like 10, and FIRE AWAY.  I hit z to track my shells, they all track DEADCENTER on the ship, but they all fly HIGH. 

2nd shot on the same ship, same deal, Shells all fly high and land on the opposite side of the ship.

last game, Belfest, 15km, NAILED the range, NAILED it, but again, the shots all flew HIGH, the ONLY shot I got a hit with was the 1 shot in my volley that went low and hit the upper part of the smoke stack. 

OH, and im aiming at the WATERLINE....so what the hell?  Aim at the waterline, hit the water on the opposite side of the ship.  These 16 inch guns are lofty as hell.....its annoying as crap.  Its this for every shot on this ship, it goes wide, goes long, goes short, goes behind, its like they are magnetically attracted to the WATER....as for when they hit, lol, 1000, 4000, 1000, 4000, 2000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000......ive only scored 1 citadel hit on a USN CA.  Ship has like 10km range at best...past that, lol....there is no benefit to having these "super heavy" shells. 

Also, Alabama doesnt make money for crap.....1st game lol, lost 10k, 2nd game made 5k.  I put the gamescon camo on it and now its making 20-30k...lol, some premium ship....

Her armor, the citadel is nice, though I still think I took a citadel hit in my last game, despite being angled away from the enemy ship that hit me.  It seems to take damage on every hit.  Bow on doesnt work either, I took like 10k through my bow lol....IDK....shes a weird one.    Not out right horrid though....just quirky as [edited]...

Edited by KnightFandragon

4 games in and Alabama, she handles like a dream, but wow her guns SUCK.

I dont understand them, I see a Tirpitz, sailing in a nice straight line at 15km, hes like 9 away, calculate for speed, so I put it at like 10, and FIRE AWAY.  I hit z to track my shells, they all track DEADCENTER on the ship, but they all fly HIGH. 

2nd shot on the same ship, same deal, Shells all fly high and land on the opposite side of the ship.

last game, Belfest, 15km, NAILED the range, NAILED it, but again, the shots all flew HIGH, the ONLY shot I got a hit with was the 1 shot in my volley that went low and hit the upper part of the smoke stack. 

OH, and im aiming at the WATERLINE....so what the hell?  Aim at the waterline, hit the water on the opposite side of the ship.  These 16 inch guns are lofty as hell.....its annoying as crap.  Its this for every shot on this ship, it goes wide, goes long, goes short, goes behind, its like they are magnetically attracted to the WATER....as for when they hit, lol, 1000, 4000, 1000, 4000, 2000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000......ive only scored 1 citadel hit on a USN CA.  Ship has like 10km range at best...past that, lol....there is no benefit to having these "super heavy" shells. 

Also, Alabama doesnt make money for crap.....1st game lol, lost 10k, 2nd game made 5k.  I put the gamescon camo on it and now its making 20-30k...lol, some premium ship....

Her armor, the citadel is nice, though I still think I took a citadel hit in my last game, despite being angled away from the enemy ship that hit me.  It seems to take damage on every hit.  Bow on doesnt work either, I took like 10k through my bow lol....IDK....shes a weird one.    Not out right horrid though....just quirky as [edited]...

I know what you're saying Knight,  implying poor value for money..the only high cost premium I bought was the Tirpitz only because I love German boats (in real life..history)  and I enjoy it, but really.. I actually enjoy playing the Bismark more, even without torps, because its shells are fairly accurate and I think it has the most awesome secondaries in the game at 10+ km .. I passed on the Prinz Eugen.. nothing but a premium copy of the hipper

I guess everyone has their own experience. I can't play Bismarck for anything. Much better with my IJN and NC

I find her guns VERY good.

Shes a tough little mid range ship. very sweet at 10-14km or so.

Only played 3 games. 2 losses.

Racked about 10 citadels in 3 games on BB's and Cruisers

I have a stealth build with 17pt commander

First game was a loss 90k damage, 1 shotted a Belfast, match ended as just before shells impacted for a second kill.

Second Game I got smashed in a T10 match only killing a Tirpitz

3rd Match 149k damage High Caliber/Confederate but only 2 kills 

36% Gun accuracy, thats IJN territory for me.

Short and compact

Rudder Mod and short fat hull allows her to swing quickly to unmask aft battery

excellent torpedo evasion maneuvering, had to wiggle through a spread from a Kagero.

Strong AA. OP against lower tier CV's

Shes a bit slow though.

Edited by Lord_Adm_Nelson

The Alabama has 271 dispersion on the main guns, and no mods to make that any better. So your shots will be all over, same with the NC. The only thing you can do is engage at more medium to close range fights, then the dispersion doesn't matter as much. It still makes more money than the NC, not sure what else was expected. Don't expect it to be like an Amagi, laserbeaming a salvo into a ship at 20km, the Alabama does not have the dispersion to do that.

The Alabama has 271 dispersion on the main guns, and no mods to make that any better. So your shots will be all over, same with the NC. The only thing you can do is engage at more medium to close range fights, then the dispersion doesn't matter as much. It still makes more money than the NC, not sure what else was expected. Don't expect it to be like an Amagi, laserbeaming a salvo into a ship at 20km, the Alabama does not have the dispersion to do that.

I DO fully expect hits when im aiming properly, NAILING the center of the ship......

IDK whats with the 16 inch guns in this game, but they have like 0 gravity applied to them.  They just float up, up, up, and STAY up....then suddenly, they flop into the water on the opposite side of the enemy ship.  Its almost like the ship is always aimed at the opposite side of the enemy ship, both the NC and Alabama both.  Ive tried aiming BELOW the waterline and I just get shells falling short of the target, then I aim at  the waterline and they all fly long. 

Also, the speed at range is apparently like 5ms cuz the ship doesnt hit worth a pinch of anything beyond like 15km.  The rounds just go every which way.  Alabama is best used at like 10km or closer, THEN it gets something you could mistake for accuracy.  Its no T8 Arizona thats for sure.......though truthfully, its dispersion isnt that bad, its that shell travel time, arc and speed....I dont get it....I can hit just fine with other guns, 40-43% hit rate with my other ships, including the dreaded NY, but my Alabama, ofc 4 games in, 30%....

I think this ship is just awful and a disgrace to the South Dakota class of ships. The guns are terrible at almost any range and the IJN BBs drill holes in it at almost any angle or range. Ive never been more sorry buying a premium ship since the Indy, aka, tissue paper cruiser. I think WoW hates all American ships, just tell people they suck, buyers be ware! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Okay played the first 5 random games  and here are the stats:

Dispersion is on par with the Bismark above 15 km. 10-15 km seems to be the optimum engagement range. When the shells do hit, they can do great damage. Carrier drivers learn that you can get away attacking the big A once. A second time will leave you with no planes. Especially if the 'Bama is an AA specced ship. She does lose speed quickly in the turn but that would be an asset around islands and she has the tightest turning circle for her class and tier. Even losing , 55,97k damage inflicted is not bad. Secondaries have a max range of 7.7 km when specced for it. I wish it can reach out to 9 km range. That would give you the USN answer to the Bismark.

The lowered citadel helps immensely. You can pull maneuvers safely that would otherwise be suicide. Th biggest problem I find is when you're defending a cap against a push and everyone has either fled or dead.

As you can see she's a steady ship, even in a loss. So I consider it a good investment on par with the Mo.

Game HP damage   Planes Shot Down Ships destroyed Citadel hits Secondary Hits Base CO  XP W/L   Note

1 75534   2   0   2   0   3692   W    
2 55970   3   1   0   3   2092   L    
3 80402   17   0   0   30   2600   L   1 carrier attack
4 79640   0   2   2   36   3354   W   CQE Award
5 101847   18   3   2   0   6287   W   2 X solo cap/ 1 carrier attack
Edited by Bill_Halsey

Okay played the first 5 random games  and here are the stats:

Dispersion is on par with the Bismark above 15 km. 10-15 km seems to be the optimum engagement range. When the shells do hit, they can do great damage. Carrier drivers learn that you can get away attacking the big A once. A second time will leave you with no planes. Especially if the 'Bama is an AA specced ship. She does lose speed quickly in the turn but that would be an asset around islands and she has the tightest turning circle for her class and tier. Even losing , 55,97k damage inflicted is not bad. Secondaries have a max range of 7.7 km when specced for it. I wish it can reach out to 9 km range. That would give you the USN answer to the Bismark.

The lowered citadel helps immensely. You can pull maneuvers safely that would otherwise be suicide. Th biggest problem I find is when you're defending a cap against a push and everyone has either fled or dead.

As you can see she's a steady ship, even in a loss. So I consider it a good investment on par with the Mo.

Game HP damage   Planes Shot Down Ships destroyed Citadel hits Secondary Hits Base CO  XP W/L   Note

1 75534   2   0   2   0   3692   W    
2 55970   3   1   0   3   2092   L    
3 80402   17   0   0   30   2600   L   1 carrier attack
4 79640   0   2   2   36   3354   W   CQE Award
5 101847   18   3   2   0   6287   W   2 X solo cap/ 1 carrier attack

In North Carolina I've had the USN answer to Bismark numerous times.  I suspect Alabama will handle Bismarck at least as well. 

1st ride out I got too aggressive and got gang up on by few BB. Made reasonable $$.

2nd ride I stayed behind everyone so they get shot at first. Fire all AP round. Lost by points after I died. 100910 dmg and almost 300K $$$ earned! No complain.

And I thought Canadian money was starting to be just like real money!:coin:

Love the ship so far but haven't been able to win tonight.. 3/5 games were 100k or more, the armor for the most part held up better than most ships in this game. Most notable is the maneuverability being a tad bit better than the North Carolina. Bad luck tonight but that doesn't appear to be the ship's fault in any way. I look forward to redemption. 

Warship Tier Battles Win rate PR Average Damage Avg. frags Avg. planes destroyed  
Alabama   Alabama 8 5 0% 0 79 589 0.4 6.6 Details

I pay in Canadian as well. Worth it IMO. It is either the Alabama or couple of bigger rip offs in WoT Console.

Love the ship so far but haven't been able to win tonight.. 3/5 games were 100k or more, the armor for the most part held up better than most ships in this game. Most notable is the maneuverability being a tad bit better than the North Carolina. Bad luck tonight but that doesn't appear to be the ship's fault in any way. I look forward to redemption. 

Warship Tier Battles Win rate PR Average Damage Avg. frags Avg. planes destroyed  
Alabama   Alabama 8 5 0% 0 79 589 0.4 6.6 Details

You can't eat if you can't carry the potato salad all the way home.

I had few decent battles in it both random and co op, played it mostly as a fast BB to support DDs and Cruisers. Retreating if getting too much love from red team.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had few decent battles in it both random and co op, played it mostly as a fast BB to support DDs and Cruisers. Retreating if getting too much love from red team.

Yup, the Alabama plays squarely like it should, Fast Battleship.  Go in, mix it up, tank rounds, dish damage, fall back, adjust as the battle flow changes, do what you need to, support, assault, retreat, hold, yeah.....its friggin PERFECT.  Edited by KnightFandragon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0