mykil

Akizuki = USELESS AS TITS ON A BULLFROG!

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

66 posts in this topic

....because if you ever had to play with real stats, it would be your last game.

If ANY of the classes had to play with real stats, we would stop playing this game out of sheer boredom. 

You have to love how a BB whines about Invisafire from a ship shooting 100 mm guns, it takes about 200 hits to kill. a ship that only goes into tier ten battles. so you take this away because? it is pathetic, it was the only feature this ship had, please pull the ship, and put the game back the way it was! What is the logic here, BB player whine and you take invisa fire out of the game. How do I whine to get some crapdone?

Zuki is working for me jus fine, needs some more maneuvering but that isn't new.

You have to love how a BB whines about Invisafire from a ship shooting 100 mm guns, it takes about 200 hits to kill. a ship that only goes into tier ten battles. so you take this away because? it is pathetic, it was the only feature this ship had, please pull the ship, and put the game back the way it was! What is the logic here, BB player whine and you take invisa fire out of the game. How do I whine to get some crapdone?

Hang on, keep going! You're so close to the truth! You didn't get what you wanted, but someone else did? Wait! Don't go yet! That's not the answer! The fact that WG could care less about BB whiners and fix their game according to stats as well as mechanics they deem broken or unbalanced, is the truth I'm referring to. The fact DDs have been consistently nerfed so much should give you an idea of what they once were like, since they're not arbitrarily garbage now, so long as you're actually good at the class. lul 

Aside from that post that gave me a chuckle, I find the talk about stealth firing not being a necessary nerf hilarious. Open waters, and a ship isn't able to be spotted upon firing? You're joking right? 

And radar on a BB? Hello? There's only one or two at most that has this mechanic, the consumable you're thinking of is hydro, and even that is on german BBs only. You're an alpha tester, can't you at least be able to know what it is that's bending you over and screwing you, and not just oh my favorite class lost a broken mechanic, it's time to draw the line cause I can't play without being spotted anymore

Please. 

YX6ZTJ2.gif?noredirect

While I haven't played the Akizuki, WG has said they'll adjust ship stats accordingly if performance suffers greatly. It will just require patience... which we should all be experts at by now considering how long the CV rework is taking. 

still waiting on Mogami and Cleveland turret traverse fix.

IJN purposefully built their DDs for good cruising range and, while they did strive for 38 knots top speed, historically could only achieve 30~35knots top speed until Shimakaze with a completely new high power engine.

This means IJN DDs were very narrow, which means poor agility was a thing.

On top of that, Akizuki is very slow, because it shares the same engine as Kagero, but having a much larger and heavier hull.

= top speed and agility is not going to improve

And then, 12.5km gunnery range is the practical limit of those 100mm guns which use very light shells, which are about 1/3 the weight of soviet 130mm shells.

The practical limit of soviet 130mm shells fired at 900m/s is around 18km

Edited by MrDeaf

still waiting on Mogami and Cleveland turret traverse fix.

IJN purposefully built their DDs for good cruising range and, while they did strive for 38 knots top speed, historically could only achieve 30~35knots top speed until Shimakaze with a completely new high power engine.

This means IJN DDs were very narrow, which means poor agility was a thing.

On top of that, Akizuki is very slow, because it shares the same engine as Kagero, but having a much larger and heavier hull.

= top speed and agility is not going to improve

And then, 12.5km gunnery range is the practical limit of those 100mm guns which use very light shells, which are about 1/3 the weight of soviet 130mm shells.

The practical limit of soviet 130mm shells fired at 900m/s is around 18km

Awesome post - you sold me.  

Hang on, keep going! You're so close to the truth! You didn't get what you wanted, but someone else did? Wait! Don't go yet! That's not the answer! The fact that WG could care less about BB whiners and fix their game according to stats as well as mechanics they deem broken or unbalanced, is the truth I'm referring to. The fact DDs have been consistently nerfed so much should give you an idea of what they once were like, since they're not arbitrarily garbage now, so long as you're actually good at the class. lul 

Aside from that post that gave me a chuckle, I find the talk about stealth firing not being a necessary nerf hilarious. Open waters, and a ship isn't able to be spotted upon firing? You're joking right? 

And radar on a BB? Hello? There's only one or two at most that has this mechanic, the consumable you're thinking of is hydro, and even that is on german BBs only. You're an alpha tester, can't you at least be able to know what it is that's bending you over and screwing you, and not just oh my favorite class lost a broken mechanic, it's time to draw the line cause I can't play without being spotted anymore

Please. 

The Missouri has radar.  Granted, its the only BB that has it right now, but it set a precedent and I am sure we will be seeing more BBs with radar in the future. 

Let's put this into perspective here, a 370ft+ boat (2-3000 tons) with 100-350 personnel vs a 35-50000 tons 887ft long, 2-3000 officers and men and the complaint is that it cant sink it without being seen or fire from the shadows, fact is that DDs are and were OP for a long time and its always hard to give something up when you got used to sending wall of torps or set fire repeatedly with impunity on ships that move and maneuver so poorly where you have to be bad to miss. The game has to rebalance or it risks loosing a lot of players.

Yes, IRL a single DD was not a match for a BB. DDs usually had numbers over BBs in any battle but in WGs game world there are the same number of ships on each side and there may be (especially after 6.3) more BBs than DDs. In the rock-paper-scissors of the game each ship is supposed to be a counter to one of the others and should at least be a threat to every ship on the opposing side. Some DDs are stealthy torpedo boats and some are mostly gun boats. Torpedoes have been consistently nerfed in almost every patch (but not 6.3!) If guns are the primary weapon for a ship, it should have some way to consistently use them without being instantly deleted. Russians can do it using incredulous speeds and ludicrous guns (and being effectively light cruisers with no citadels). Smoke is one answer but how much game time can a DD actually spend in smoke? (limited duration, long cool down, torpedo magnet, radar, hydro).  Then there are "teamwork" advocates that think smoke should only be used to hide teammates.

The Missouri has radar.  Granted, its the only BB that has it right now, but it set a precedent and I am sure we will be seeing more BBs with radar in the future. 

I'm just waiting for the Russian BBs with turtle-back armor, hydro, radar, and defensive fire. Because, in WG's version of rock-paper-scissors, paper beats everything. 

You can argue semantics with patience but they won't fix the ship, see how they "fixed" Khabarovsk's over-performance by nerfing her RoF by a fraction, which they restored when they split the line along with giving her a massive buff called repair.

LOL, are you actually calling that a buff? Its two sides of the same coin, on one you take damage and heal it back to survive, on the other you just avoid taking said damage to begin it. Its a equal result either way you go (one generally being more useful when going solo, other when working in divisions) and unlike you, i have actually played the Khabarovsk with both

I think you BB's might wanna make sure you have the Vigilance Perk readily available, cause all you have gained here with the invisafire reversal is promote way more torps heading your way. good Luck with all that!

I think you BB's might wanna make sure you have the Vigilance Perk readily available, cause all you have gained here with the invisafire reversal is promote way more torps heading your way. good Luck with all that!

I'm fine with this. Who wouldn't be? WASD is the golden way forward. :look:

BBs shouldn't be whining about DD torps with the rare exception that for some reason they get intersected by like 40 torps.... >.>

LOL, are you actually calling that a buff? Its two sides of the same coin, on one you take damage and heal it back to survive, on the other you just avoid taking said damage to begin it. Its a equal result either way you go (one generally being more useful when going solo, other when working in divisions) and unlike you, i have actually played the Khabarovsk with both

Radar and surprise torps counter smoke. They do nothing against the heal. A significant portion of my kills in Shima are from torping DDs that think they can sit in smoke with a RDF Shima around.

Khab is probably the 2nd easiest DD to torp when it sits in smoke, the gunfire gives its exact position and orientation away and it is large.

See: Shimakaze and Fubuki, both were performing as well as Soviet destroyers, in comes the IJN DD rework, both are significantly less powerful.

Its not a flaw... Its a feature

You have to love how an AA DD whines about poor surface combat capability  from a ship shooting AA guns which were never intended to engage surface ships.

fixed

Never heard of bullfrog. Growing up, it was male dog.

Boar hog is what I remember

Boar hog is what I remember

it was definitely useless as tits on a boar hog for me, and still is!  I use this line at work almost daily and any time I am stuck in a match worth a useless team. 

If ANY of the classes had to play with real stats, we would stop playing this game out of sheer boredom.

we could have battles that last a weekend or more ...

It's been a very long time since I've seen a DD delete a battleship, but I've seen a battleship instantly delete a cruiser yesterday.

And I play about 15 to 30 matches a day, over almost 4000 lifetime matches.

I did delete a BB yesterday A fuso with a kamakaze. yes it was torps, but still deleted it. that battle i got 90K damage never fired a shot.

That said, this whole update looks like a massive buff to BB's and saying F U to everything else. yes they buffed the firing ranges of over 30 cruisers and DD's, But in my eye's it only added area of detect and therefore is a nerf not a buff, as promised by WG for the changes

Let's put this into perspective here, a 370ft+ boat (2-3000 tons) with 100-350 personnel vs a 35-50000 tons 887ft long, 2-3000 officers and men and the complaint is that it cant sink it without being seen or fire from the shadows, fact is that DDs are and were OP for a long time and its always hard to give something up when you got used to sending wall of torps or set fire repeatedly with impunity on ships that move and maneuver so poorly where you have to be bad to miss. The game has to rebalance or it risks loosing a lot of players.

​lol. DDs are OP. right. 

What no one considers is that this game has combat ranges extremely condensed than that of real life,that ships in game have much higher hit rates than they did in real life and that firing in open water and NOT being seen is actually highly likely. DDs in warships are basically a culmination of 5 DDs put together since 5 DDs in reality is about the combat force equivalent to a BB (Not really in terms of fighting power, but rather how much DDs there were to battleships in a given engagement).

A ship firing in open water is a high likelihood considering the first point and gameplay perspective from the last point. While yes a DD is a sizable object in open water, no one considers that there may be weather effects limiting detection and that all the ships in this (Unless they have the pre-requisite skill activated) are using the good ol eyeball and maybe at best the Range finders to find targets. Mist, light reflection off of waves, Wave height and curvature of the earth if you get far enough can easily hamper the ability to spot an enemy vessel even when it fires (Keep in mind the condensed engagement ranges.

Stealth fire removal is pretty unnecessary especially considering that counters could be provided. Counters such as the long awaited changes to CVs to make them more dynamic, engaging, usable and reliable, substantially increased reward for spotting a target, spotting for damage and spotting for the kill, Allowing ships to control their catapult aircraft for it's consumable duration (A consumable almost every ship can possess) and maybe even a skill that shows a static silhouette of an enemy ship upon it stealth firing in open water without smoke. Wargaming could have done lots of things to introduce counters to stealth firing but they simply took the easy way out as they have been doing as of late and while yes have made certain ships better (A whole line of DDs they gimped over in the first place) they also screwed over others with no legitimate compensation. The 2nd "point" of the removal was to decrease passivity on stealthy gunboat DDs and cruisers but really it did absolutely NOTHING to change their gameplay. Prior stealth fire capable DDs and Cruisers are still going to sit at long range because closing the gap is still a way to risky endeavor and firing now increases the spotting range to your max firing range meaning you are constantly spotted unless you are using terrain or smoke further increasing passivity. Hitting a DD or cruiser under sustained fire is easy and with the case of DDs often don't have the HP or a repair party (Unless you're a Khabab or Tashkent) to be able to afford to take those hits. Maneuverability only gets you so far.

Then nobody also considers that this DID buff Battleships (Minorly or otherwise is up to you) because now whenever they fire they are only spotted up to your maximum firing range.

well the this ship needs a buff to its  ruder shift time and turning circle you do that and i think she would be fine, maybe also increase how quickly she can get pick up speed 

Yes, lets DO put this into perspective:

1. DD's are HALF their actual size in game because, during alpha testing, they were too hard for BB players to hit.

2. Most DD's, except for a couple at high tier, launch between 8 and 12 torps in an entire broadside, and do so every couple of minutes.

Battleships fire 8 + shells every 30 seconds.

3. Battleship dispersion stats have been buffed by as much as 800% to overcome the traditional 3 to 5% hit rate which battleships historically enjoyed.

Fact is, if battleships hadn't been buffed on top of buffs, and their stats artificially enhanced, NO ONE WOULD PLAY THEM BECAUSE IN REAL LIFE THEY ARE CRAP, WHICH IS WHY THEY AREN'T AROUND ANYMORE.

I can understand where your 16+ years of attending a US public school, plus your obvious room temperature IQ, might have left you somewhat unprepared to understand that the ONLY reason BB's are viable is because of GROSSLY INFLATED STATS.

What you incompetent BaBBies better hope for is WoW never running out of compressed air to keep those stats inflated, because if you ever had to play with real stats, it would be your last game.

​Wow talk about abrasive forums, first off your insults do not bother me but I refuse to lay low and ignore you. You don't know anything about me or what I believe, this is a game and its the developers responsibility to keep these units competitive across the spectrum of classes and units,. this means that they have to buff and nerf to balance these as they see fit. I was merely trying to show that in rl a DD wouldn't have a chance to reach torp "sure kill range" unless it was night action or objects limiting sight. Your statement that BBs are "real crap" in RL is out there to say the least they were the pinnacle of fighting ships absolute top of the food chain, only the introduction of aircraft and carriers made them too costly (see pearl here), with advances in missile tech it became apparent that they would not survive on a modern scenario. However this isn't to say that people haven't tried. The Soviet Union introduced the heavy missile cruisers Kirov class the USN responded in part with the refurbishment of the four Iowa class BBs, more recently China and the US have considered the construction of large surface warships. Large ships have the advantage of being able to generate large amounts of electricity that can be used with the new naval sensors, lasers and railguns and also survivability (anti-missile lasers) close defense systems. As far as attending public  schools I don't know the first thing about them I grew up in Germany and my dad served in the German Navy for a short period, I was on a modern DD on the North Sea and can tell you that you'll be lucky not to hit your head against every bulkhead. I also play CL/CA mostly and equal games in DDs and BBs, as far as my IQ you are right it keeps dropping especially when I read these forums.

Akizuki does not need a buff and it is still a very deadly destroyer.  The rate of fire combined with adrenaline rush makes it one of the most effective DD hunters in the game.  I had zero issues with it since the patch change.  But, now that I see this thread, I've been inspired and will post a how to thread for the ship under the strategies section of the forum over this weekend.  Clearly, this needs to be addressed so that players can actually enjoy this ship.