NikoPower

0.6.3 - Visibility and Balance/Ship Changes

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

234 posts in this topic

I'm really not sure if the visibility mechanics needed to be changed. If anything it made playing destroyers, particularly gun boats, really hard and annoying to play. Even as someone who mainly plays battleships, I can see that this was a bad move. The whole style of playing DDs is to be stealthy, no to brawl (there are some execptions like the Clemson, but not a lot) To be honest, I really can't find any reason for implementing this.

I'm really not sure if the visibility mechanics needed to be changed. If anything it made playing destroyers, particularly gun boats, really hard and annoying to play. Even as someone who mainly plays battleships, I can see that this was a bad move. The whole style of playing DDs is to be stealthy, no to brawl (there are some execptions like the Clemson, but not a lot) To be honest, I really can't find any reason for implementing this.

It's called pandering, to the BB crowd. there are more and more expensive BB's available to the public, than everything else. So it makes sense for them to provide targets, for said new customers. I have not pulled out a DD or Cruiser, since the nerf to then. I don't plan to either, the 20 second detect is way too much time for any ship to survive, except maybe a BB. Seems wargaming is trying to effectively kill this game, like they did with tanks. Hope this is not the case, but it's not fun anymore. all the ships basically play the same. Hide and camp and only fire in smoke, or be the mole in the whack-a-mole game. Also lemming trains have gotten worse, since everyone thinks tight groups is the key to winning. If that was intended, great, but it sucks to have no strategy, but to follow the first idiot to speak up about lemming'ing

Okay, here's how you fix the camping at islands trend that has become even more, rather than less pronounced, since the last DD raping. Cut all BB gun ranges in half. Since the matches now consist of at least six BBs per side, make them leave the edges of the map and do something for a change. On the other hand, if you are one of the masochistic few still trying to play a DD, at least you know where to find the BBs, just go to the map boundary. Of course you dare not shoot at them, and your torps have been slowed to the pace of a geriatric manatee, but hey, as long as the number of premium BBs increases, who cares right?

Okay, here's how you fix the camping at islands trend that has become even more, rather than less pronounced, since the last DD raping. Cut all BB gun ranges in half. Since the matches now consist of at least six BBs per side, make them leave the edges of the map and do something for a change. On the other hand, if you are one of the masochistic few still trying to play a DD, at least you know where to find the BBs, just go to the map boundary. Of course you dare not shoot at them, and your torps have been slowed to the pace of a geriatric manatee, but hey, as long as the number of premium BBs increases, who cares right?

LOL, I think a supersaturated NaCl solution is possible, Ive just never done the experiment.

But I feel ya, playing DDs has become a real labor of love.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The in battle complaint now from BBs is that they're getting torpedoed by Invisible DDs. So what now WG? You're the ones catering this whine fest.

Edited by Stormcrow43

Posted (edited) · Report post

OMG!!!...Did you see that kid rage in red!?!?....Wow, I suppose we have been warned.....I'll check to see if the servers are up...yep.....am I happy to pay to play?...yep...games are more enjoyable now that I'm not getting shot by invisiships?...Yep...Only people complaining are DD players?...yep. So if the Carrier people are happy...and the Battleship people are happy..and the cruisers are happy...and there are still a lot of destroyer players out there playing...but only a few in here having a gripe.....I'll say that's a qualified success!!...well done WG...Keep up the good work.

​Yep look at your Stats.  ZERO Games played in a Destroyer 3 games in a CV. You really know your stuff. Majority of your games played in wallet warrior BBs and cruisers. At least gain some experience in a ship class before you run your mouth about it and you should also engage in comprehensive reading ..because the gripe is not mainly the removal of the stealth fire mechanics...its specifally the massive downside of the duration of detectability for a ship that has to go close range to use its guns at all or sit in the smoke getting radared...unless of course u drive ridicolously OP russian bulldung like the Khaba. Edited by S4breh4wk

Please consider adjusting the amount of time detectability is extended to max gun range by the size of gun fired. 

IMO the changes in this patch caused the greatest negative change in the meta of any single patch I can remember. 

Formerly, DDs were the primary generators of aggressive movement; now they must be markedly more careful, leading to an increase in general campiness. 

Still never any response to extensive player comments on this change. An extremely high cost was paid in general play quality in order to eliminate OWSF when other solutions were possible.