NikoPower

0.6.3 - Visibility and Balance/Ship Changes

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

234 posts in this topic

Do you have feedback on the new changes for both Visibility and Ship changes? Let us know in the comments below. 

I strongly recommend you experience the update and changes now that they are in their final form BEFORE you leave your feedback. This section is for legitimate feedback. Any non-constructive posts will be removed. 

Reposting form other thread....

So I just finished my first couple games in Kag, Yug and Shim.

I must say that WG has really made the DD boring as hell now. You can NOT fire your guns unless in smoke or behind rocks (only if you're guaranteed not to be spotted).

It's like having a mini-radar spotlight painted on you when you fire. For 20seconds. There is no surviving it.

So you sail around the map firing a few salvos of torps, then getting caught by radar and you're instantly dead.

I'm going to keep trying at it, but I'm not really happy about this. I've spent a lot of money on this game and now the DDs are really worthless except for spotting and occasional good torp salvos.

They have become a waste of a team slot.

I understand and agree about invisi-fire in principle. But why make a blanket covering decision that screws all the DDs?

Why not make the spotting range based on the gun size? You know, like in real life. A 16" gun is just slightly more noticeable than a 5" gun.

You would end up with most CAs not being able to invisi-fire, or only within a small range, and the DDs still able to use their guns without instant annihilation.

I really hope WG fixes this soon. I'm not spending another penny on this game until some of this stuff is fixed.

Also, the max. dispersion stat hasn't changed. Was the change made to the CAs accuracy just within the calculation,or was the actual max. dispersion supposed to be reduced?

Lastly, I hope, I just played a game with my Minekaze and popped smoke 3 times. I never saw any smoke count down timer or max. speed indicator on my screen. Is there some setting I have to change to see those things?

Also, the max. dispersion stat hasn't changed. Was the change made to the CAs accuracy just within the calculation,or was the actual max. dispersion supposed to be reduced?

Lastly, I hope, I just played a game with my Minekaze and popped smoke 3 times. I never saw any smoke count down timer or max. speed indicator on my screen. Is there some setting I have to change to see those things?

You have to turn it on in Settings-Controls

It's hard to tell where to put this so I'm putting it here.

I am in the minority that is all for the removal of the alt attacks at those tiers, I'm in the even smaller one that wants them gone completely.

And to be blunt cause there is no other way, this change, at this time, showcases just how utterly of an abysmal job you have done balancing CV's nationally. USN just has to bring fighters and game over, worse if they actually bring AS. USN fighters walk over IJN planes, even fighters, Just played with Zuiho the guy came into my AA, obliterated my fighters and bombers AS THEY LAUNCHED and only reason that group didn't camp me is a Cleveland strayed close enough. But as that was the last of my fighters and my bombers, he immediately flew back and camped the side the team wasn't on just out of AA.

And this is no abnormality to it's tier - this scenario repeats all the way up with the difference being just how long it takes and that IJN can use strafe to thin them out - assuming USN doesn't use it at all, above these tiers. And in case you've forgotten, the tier of USN fighters there is FIVE, while IJN has tier SIX. They are stomped that badly with a tier advantage. There needs to be parity between fighters and loadouts, and this change demonstrates why we need it, and why we need it ASAP.

And as I've not played that tier in a while, I'm going to point out that this tier needs to not see tier 6. When you unnecessarily buffed BFT's AA bonus you made it impossible for for a tier 5 CV to function in tier 6. Again, issues prevalent through multiple tiers, but it hits this one harder, the CV overhaul better have what amounts to nerfs to AA directly or indirectly. Because it's bad enough that AA is out of control, but if a tier 5 and 6 CV are in the same match, regardless of "theres one on that team too" you basically make tier 5 CV's pointless.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'll admit it. I was never that good at the akizuki. I only had a 45% winrate with her, and a .33 destruction ratio pre-patch.

However, I was beginning to improve and learn to play her properly when this patch hit.

Now? I'm seriously considering selling this ship. The only thing keeping me from doing so is the hours I spent grinding for it.

Thanks WG, for a huge middle finger right up my [you know what]

The maneuverability and detection range is like a cruiser's, the flight times on the shells are horrible, the torpedoes are average, if lacking in number, and the health is barely better than your average destroyer.

I'm failing to see how I'm SUPPOSED to play if I actually want to get experience and credits in a battle.

I never really stealthfired all that much, but the disengage was much easier pre-patch. 9KM is much easier to get out of than 12KM, which is impossible when many cruisers are faster than you.

Edited by JackBinary

Yeah my experience is similar.  You can play DDs but better not use the guns.  My IJN ships are slow and handle like a beached whale,  so disengagement is impossible. 

So it's very passive and boring now. You can play it but to me the class is no longer viable as you cannot get aggressive.  Pondering whether to stick it out or give up on my investment and find another game.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah my experience is similar.  You can play DDs but better not use the guns.  My IJN ships are slow and handle like a beached whale,  so disengagement is impossible. 

So it's very passive and boring now. You can play it but to me the class is no longer viable as you cannot get aggressive.  Pondering whether to stick it out or give up on my investment and find another game.

I'm a destroyer player. I started because I liked fast paced and aggressive play.

That's gone now. you have to play more passively than a battleship if you wan't to even think about surviving past the first 5 minutes of the match.

I don't think I'll actually be able to adapt to such a heavy handed change and still call this game "fun"

I hate to say it, but I don't see myself booting up this game again for a while, at least until destroyers are usable again.

I would like to see some sort of comment from the devs, if possible, about these changes, more than just some patch notes.

A conversation would be a godsend.

Edited by JackBinary

You have to turn it on in Settings-Controls

Thanks for the info.

It seems a tad bit stupid to make displaying a smoke timer a toggle in settings. But whatever....

Thanks for the info.

It seems a tad bit stupid to make displaying a smoke timer a toggle in settings. But whatever....

options are the spice of gamer life? Edited by Hangoverhomey

A spotted DD in the open is a dead DD, and that right soon.

Formerly you could regain conceal fairly quickly or at least just be at your normal detection, that is gone with the wind.

I just switched over to cruisers to shoot up the DDs.

Edited by Pugilistic

In terms of spending, I've been a whale for this game. Admin can check the record to verify. No longer. Until you fix the mess you just created, will not spend another dime. 

A change in tactics and team work will be more important...  A week of play will show how much the changes will affect game play.

I'm a destroyer player. I started because I liked fast paced and aggressive play.

That's gone now. you have to play more passively than a battleship if you wan't to even think about surviving past the first 5 minutes of the match.

I don't think I'll actually be able to adapt to such a heavy handed change and still call this game "fun"

I hate to say it, but I don't see myself booting up this game again for a while, at least until destroyers are usable again.

I would like to see some sort of comment from the devs, if possible, about these changes, more than just some patch notes.

A conversation would be a godsend.

If they would lay out their vision for destroyers it would be a great help.

WG: DDs will not be a fun class if all we do is support and smoke for larger ships.  Please stop making DDs worse and BBs more relevant.  This is simply about fun.  your changes do not make the game better or fun for DD players.  

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables#Surveillance_Radar

So looking at the link above shows how bad this nerf really is.

Every time a DD fires 1 single shell, they are essentially beaming radar OUT to all the red team for 20 seconds. Not for just the few seconds it used to be, that you could dodge and weave and survive, but for a full 20 sec.

THE SAME AS SOME CAs! It's like having a Russian CA sitting next to you...

Their vision is a BB only game

I don't care if people play battleships.  I strongly feel players should play any class they like.

I like destroyers.  Destroyers are boring with this patch. Let's bring the fun back.

Dispersion was not changed.

The Tier 9 & 10 Cruisers had their Sigma value changed.

Your horizontal dispersion (the displayed value) will be the same, but the vertical dispersion (hidden value) is (supposedly) improved.

If they would lay out their vision for destroyers it would be a great help.

That would be nice.

I wanna know how WG thinks DDs SHOULD be played.

I wanna know how WG thinks DDs should earn any credits or XP.

cause currently, spotting gives 0, and torps are incredibly easy to dodge.

In terms of spending, I've been a whale for this game. Admin can check the record to verify. No longer. Until you fix the mess you just created, will not spend another dime. 

​Ditto from this former superwhale. What a mess.

Only thing I can suggest is to give the Sims better torpedoes. 

I'm mostly a cruiser player and am happy with the way they feel post patch but I also like to play some DD's now and again and after a few games in my Gearing and Fletcher I have to say I'm not liking it at all. The detection fix was needed but my boats all feel sluggish and unresponsive, like they're in slow motion. I feel more maneuverable in my high tier cruisers than I do in Destroyers, was that a desired effect with this update?

I wanna know how WG thinks DDs SHOULD be played.

I wanna know how WG thinks DDs should earn any credits or XP.

WG thinks DDs should scream along at long range. beyond any silly radar or hydro, raining fire with railguns upon the enemy that is unable to hit them back due to incredible speed...or is that only a certain line of DDs?

The Russian Kiev DD has less game play options now.  I am not interested in this type of game play.  

Thanks for what was once a good game IMO. 

I am in told awe?

Edited by Drill_U