TDWhirlpool

What Tiers do you play(or screw around in)?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

138 members have voted

1. 1. What Tiers Do You Play

• II
    • III
    • IV
    • V
    • VI
    • VII
    • VIII
    • IX
    • X

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

60 posts in this topic

Your answer is found in the FAQ of my twitch page. It is, after all, so frequently asked of me!

At Tier 1

• Boats are essentially equal - skill is the variable.
  • No torps, no planes, no up-tiering.
  • Simple, straight-forward bathtub boat play.
  • Few nerfs, fewer buffs - most updates don't phase us.
  • Teamwork is optional - No crying because the CA didn't hunt the DD that sunk your BB.
  • There are baby seals (easy kills) and navy seals (efficient killers) - come on down and see who gets clubbed.
  • The simple fun of Warships is preserved.

(just picked up his 17th point)

Edited by theLaalaa

I have to say I play primarily Tier X BB, Montana.

I slogged my way to it and have a generally enjoyable time playing it, even though most of the time is with nearly all bots on my team.

T2 Emden (CL), T3 Nassau (BB) T5 New York (BB), T7 Colorado (BB) - Nassau is my fav

(BB) - Nassau is my fav

At tier III I play with the Köing Albert as my low tier ship other than the Nikolai at tier IV

Usually 6-10 anymore, used to play a lot of 4/5 but with the IJN nerfs and new MM, its happening less and less.

I usually start with ships I'm grinding (right now its just Udaloi for the second damn time and L Galissonniere), get a win in each then onto tier 10 for 3-5 games as I have 11 or 12 tier 10's that I enjoy playing, then I'll hit premiums, MO, Arizona and Belfast are probably the most played currently, probably throw Tirpitz back in the mix now...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I really love the USSR destroyers especially my Kiev and Minsk is very decent ship but which will you choose Gunboats or Default Destroyers and my personal best damage is at 183K damage with my Missouri used to be my Scharnhoarst at 153K damage good luck with your goal my Friend :red_button:

I'ts a Tough choice indeed, I've been thinking about it checking out stats and such and i might go with the ognevoi for the more sophisticated guns, suits my play style alot.

I break formation most times..start rushing towards planes if i'm taking point, activating my engine boost and chase them down, always feeling confident with the maneuverability of my dd, i also got the 'engine boost mod 1' with 50% more active time on my Minsk atm. pretty dope man

Edited by ChestNut_steel

My favorite BB is the Tier 3 Nassau it suits my play style and the low tier game is more about having fun that the higher tiers which is all about winning (and someone  [edited]if your team loses.) I also like the Tier 2 Emden (a low tier Atlanta type ship - small guns, fast firing and little armor.) I have a NC BB but bot as much fun.

Mostly 7-8, but tier 8 is probably my favorite. 

Mostly 7-8, but tier 8 is probably my favorite. 

What your ships again I really like to know otherwise I'm left :hmm:

I rarely go above Tier 7 unless I decide to buy some premium time or use my Atago. Going to tier 8 or above almost forces you to buy premium or have a great game each match or risk losing silver. If things change to where you can never lose silver i.e., you have a bad game then you don't earn any silver, but you never lose silver then I would play high tier more. Then if I want to earn more or do some hard grinding then I'll buy some premium time. Otherwise, I feel like I can never really get good at high tier matches since I may lose a lot of silver trying to learn it. Feels like Wargaming is trying to push people toward buying premium time if they want to get a tier 9 or 10 ship.