You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Razrusha_ya

(Potential fix for) Stagnant BB Gameplay

12 comments in this topic

[VF-10] Razrusha_ya 33
459 posts
4,642 battles

WG, in order to prevent the high tier camping BB meta that everyone keeps complaining about, I have a suggestion. Make it so that a BB has to be going above 1/4 speed (1/2, 3/4 and Full, this also includes stopping and reversing) in order to have normal dispersion and to promote going at full speed, have a +2% to dispersion while going full speed. Now, I know what your going to say. "This will just promote camping in the back while going full speed". I have a suggestion for that as well. Have a -4% to dispersion while firing at a target more than 19 km away, have a +1% to dispersion while firing at a target less than 14 km away, and have a +3% to dispersion while firing at a target less than 9 km away. The -4% to dispersion is negate the effect of going full speed while sniping in the back and punish the player for trying. You could also try to lower the chance of detonation (by main gun battery shell) as you get closer to the target (nothing is more upsetting than setting up a good brawl and then getting detonated while in said brawl). Discuss in comments whether this would be a viable option. Please don't murder me if it's a bad idea.

[FLOAT] Chobittsu 3,088
In AlfaTesters
6,214 posts

........what?

[F-U] templar627 20
205 posts
3,248 battles

Why is going at 1/4 speed a bad idea? There's tons of times when I'm sitting in cap creeping at 1/4 speed to try and hit targets but still have a little bit of speed to dodge torps. I don't see why we should punish people who get on cap by giving them bad dispersion if they aren't going above an arbitrary value.

[VF-10] Razrusha_ya 33
459 posts
4,642 battles

Why is going at 1/4 speed a bad idea? There's tons of times when I'm sitting in cap creeping at 1/4 speed to try and hit targets but still have a little bit of speed to dodge torps. I don't see why we should punish people who get on cap by giving them bad dispersion if they aren't going above an arbitrary value.

The idea I presented would definitely need tweaking if it were ever implemented, I was just trying to give a suggestion, not everything there has to be taken word for word. I do agree that creeping in a cap is a good idea (free 200 XP). What I wanted to fix was Yamato's parking around an island and reversing. Or just sniping at the back. 

2,158 posts
1,301 battles

Remove the need to bow camp.....IE: Citadel rapes. 

A dispersion bonus would be kinda nice...allow more then T9-10 USN BBs to mount that 11% dispersion module...that'd be great to. 

I have a hard time figuring out how going faster is going to equal more accuracy...

Edited by KnightFandragon

[SSG] WanderingGhost 642
2,886 posts
6,708 battles

okay, for starters, your numbers make no sense. We'll forget physics cause its a game, but your numbers are reversed I think from what you want. +% dispersion is increasing dispersion, -% is decrease dispersion, so you want to increase it the closer they get and decrease it the further out they are? Your numbers also seem fairly arbitrary.

And the game already works in a manner that getting closer=greater accuracy. Wargaming change the economy to lower/raise the price on repairs so it's pointless to stay in the back, any hit costs you full price, but they still do. They nerf IJN DD's and are working on invisifire and they still do, and likely still will. Short of reducing the range of BB guns so that they HAVE to close, all the back camping BB babies are going to stay there. And you make that change people will leave the game. And not just the campers. These people have a mind set that they are why their team wins. Because they are alive longer and finish off targets their team has done a ton of damage to at the cost of their lighter armoured ships. I wish I had the replay of an admiral wannabe that took his German BB totally out of the fight, albeit it was not one of my finer moments in behavior, that out gunned and armoured DD's and cruisers had to push against battleships and the enemy cruisers, and finally, after sailing all the way around a point already captured, with half our surviving ships sunk and others heavily damaged, he joined the fight to finish off what was left toting he was so skilled and that was how you play to win, camp outside the fight and make everyone else work for you. And he is not the first, and is why I say win rate is a [edited]metric because of how often scrubs like him need to be carried.

You have to either take the most extreme measures, or fundamentally change the thinking of these clowns. There is no middle ground, and only one option can be taken, which is the extreme measures. Which punishes not the fools who hide in the back trying to protect their precious stats, or who lack a spine/the skill to go forward, but all players. The only valid point any of them have is the fact too many people don't think while using torps, because I do go in to brawl with my BB and I can't tell you how many times I've either been hit/killed by or killed trying to dodge a teammates torps. It's why I say they need to flat out remove torpedo based team damage.

[SALVO] Crucis 3,906
15,006 posts
15,705 battles

The idea I presented would definitely need tweaking if it were ever implemented, I was just trying to give a suggestion, not everything there has to be taken word for word. I do agree that creeping in a cap is a good idea (free 200 XP). What I wanted to fix was Yamato's parking around an island and reversing. Or just sniping at the back. 

This is what happens when WoWS maps start looking more like WoT maps with all the tall-ish islands (i.e. buildings or rocks in WoT) to hide behind to either lob shells over or use to cover one side of your ship.  I see these heavily island infested maps as a big part of the cause of this problem. 

• Cool 1

[NERO] TTK_Aegis 1,266
3,542 posts

Everyone complains about it, but really I rarely see it. Maybe because I always push in my Yamato? People tend to follow by example, so maybe when they see a Yam following the DDs and cruisers to support capping efforts, they follow subconsciously. 

Could be the way to fix this is to go get yourself a T10 BB and then push with it. 

[VF-10] Razrusha_ya 33
459 posts
4,642 battles

Everyone complains about it, but really I rarely see it. Maybe because I always push in my Yamato? People tend to follow by example, so maybe when they see a Yam following the DDs and cruisers to support capping efforts, they follow subconsciously. 

Could be the way to fix this is to go get yourself a T10 BB and then push with it. 

i have the Kurfurst and Yamato, I do push, but am often left unassisted. You can check my stats.

[NERO] TTK_Aegis 1,266
3,542 posts

i have the Kurfurst and Yamato, I do push, but am often left unassisted. You can check my stats.

I don't know then, man. I mean I /do/ see it happen from time to time but more often than not the team I'm on pushes. Or at least one team does. The only time I've seen both teams' BBs stick to long range was a match that put 3 Yam vs 3 GKs and the GKs were gracious enough to try to take the Yams at range and got wrecked for it. :trollface:

But in that case, for the Yams anyway, that was the right call. If a brawler is going to let you engage them beyond their optimal range, you take the gift. 

[TDD] nina_blain_73 266
733 posts
7,181 battles

all BB camping means is bigger fatter targets that can't run away after we get rid of the ships the campers didn't support   :)