E25_Syndrome_Yuno

From the ' Tank Destroyers ' to the ' Destroyers? ' ( New player in WoWs )

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

77 posts in this topic

(Un)fortunately (for you), there's nothing in WoWS that allows you to play for yourself quite like the E-25 does.

(Un)fortunately (for you), there's nothing in WoWS that allows you to play for yourself quite like the E-25 does.

I really like the Destroyers.

Bought the Japanese Umikaze as well.

The ' Stealth & Speed ' these have to offer with a lot compact size,

compared to the other ship classes make me to enjoy them.

The ' Torpedo ' play style I find very exciting.

I will actually use my time to learn this product.

I have gotten interested from what the ' Destroyers ' have to offer.

It actually is close to what the ' Dear E-25 of mine ' has to offer.

You are quick & Stealthy compared to your enemies and rather lethal.

I feel that the ' Skill Ceiling ' is high with the Destroyers, which is another similarity.

But the ability to single handily ' Carry ' the teams

is a lot harder here I could imagine.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

I feel that the ' Skill Ceiling ' is high with the Destroyers, which is another similarity.

Until you hit the higher tiers and run into radar, stealthy gunboats.........X_x

Until you hit the higher tiers and run into radar, stealthy gunboats.........X_x

I feel that the  50 000 dmg I did with the tier II Umikaze, is relatively good result,

considering that I have not even played 20 battles yet in this ' Game '

The ' Destroyers ' are definitely what I am looking for as a player.

So what are these ' Radars ' & ' Stealthy gunboats ' ?

Care to tell me more? So that I can prepare.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

Jap DDs are good ships, but just fair warning, players at the higher teirs are much more likely to know how to use WASD Hax and will have a much more regular time avoiding your torps, combined with the fact that Japanese DDs are the least gunboaty of all the DDs(minus a certain underteired ship), it will get more difficult to play. I personally think Cruisers are the best starter line for most players(minus the brits), however I myself am not too big into Cruisers.

The Radar Consumable pops up at around teir 7/8 where ships can use it for about 30 seconds and detect any ship within' a 9km radius, island or no island, smoke or no smoke. There is also a Hydro skill that has a similar effect but at a much shorter range of about 3-4km, but detects torps also at about a couple of km earlier. 

I feel that the  50 000 dmg I did with the tier II Umikaze, is relatively good result,

considering that I have not even played 20 battles yet in this ' Game '

The ' Destroyers ' are definitely what I am looking for as a player.

So what are these ' Radars ' & ' Stealthy gunboats ' ?

Care to tell me more? So that I can prepare.

Radar is a consumable mounted on select tier 8, 9, and 10 cruisers, as well as some premium tier 7 cruisers and a tier nine battleship. When activated, it'll last anywhere from 20 seconds to 35~40, and will automatically spot anything within a certain distance. Here's more about it.

Stealth gunboats are destroyers that have good, fast-firing guns, and a low concealment. They're a terror for Japanese destroyer captains.   

My thanks for the information I have been offered so far.

Really Reduces my learning curve.

This was my 17 th battle in this game,

with the Tier III Japanese Destroyer used.

4naRQvc.jpg

I am really starting to enjoy this product.

I can relate to the play style of these really well.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

1)Every classes can carry solo to a certain extend. DDs and CV can torps, cruisers can burn ships and battleships can land some big citadel hit. If anything, CV is the best to carry if you are good at it since you can remove the enemy CV from the game by shooting all of his planes down, do a lot of damage with your strike package and also provide spotting for your team so they can avoid torpedos and shoot previously invisible DDs.

2)CVs. As long as you stay behind the bulk of your team you will be relatively safe. DDs are also worth mentioning since they can often run out from bad situation by going invisible.

3) The AA take more significance, especially if you speck your ship and captain for it. CVs players are also rarer in later tiers due to the difficulty of doing good with them. Don't forget you can control+left click on a squadron to focus your AA on it. It provide a big boost to firepower.

4) Each lines in the game have some sort of flavour.

IJN cruiser: HE master, lots of torps, bad AA
USN cruiser: High rate of fire, good AA, no torps
​Russian cruiser: Very squishy, good AA and AP/HE Good at longer ranges, self-defense torps
​German cruiser: Start squishy, get better after. Good AP, bad HE, self-defense torps

British cruiser: No HE, special AP shell, smoke, hydro, special heal at higher tier, accelerate quickly, very very squishy.

IJN BBs: sniper BBs, fast and accurate at longer range, bad armor, big guns. Get better armor at higher tier, bad AA

German BBs: Brawler BBs, bad dispersion at longer range, very good citadel protection for close range battle, great secondary, good long range AA.

USN BBs: all-rounders BBs, bad secondary, start with slow speed but get higher speed later, very good mid and low range AA (self-defense)

IJN DDs: Generally bad guns with slow turning rate and low dpm but fairly accurate. good detectability and lots of torps. Split at tier 5 toward a more gunboat oriented line

USN DDs: Start with mid range torps, very high dpm gun but high shell travel time. Best used at close range. Very long smoke duration.

URSS DDs: Very good guns with good DPM and accuracy over longer range. Very fast, very low range fast torps until high tier. Is played by shooting enemy from range

German DDs: Mix between USN DDs and URSS ones. Can stealth torps but barely, very small smoke duration, have hydro, bad HE, guns float more than IJN and URSS but less than USN.

USN CVs: smaller squads count but with more planes, focus more on dive bombers, horrible loadout that force you to give up all your fighters or your main damage option when choosing a loadout. Skill ceiling lower than the IJN counterpart.

IJN CVs: lots of squads, focus more on torpedos bombers. Got very good loadout that can do the 3 main job of a CV. Have less planes than the USN CV at higher tier. Better detection but lower AA.

5)

DDs: capper, spotter for torpedos and wall agains't enemy DDs. Can also do area denial with torpedos.

Cruisers: AA ship, killing enemy DDs and provide general support

BBs: tank, made to be shot at but also boast the main gun power of the field. Army backbone.

CVs: spotter for both ships (DDs) and torps. AA defense agains't enemy CV. Strike at vulnerable targets

6) Low tier BBs is where there should be the most brawling. All ships have low range and bad accuracy. In general, at mid to higher tier, 10-15km is a good engagement range.

7) There is always ships that corner camp. Can't help it, we have to do without them. If you want close range gameplay, try a USN DD, british cruiser or german BBs.

8) Unlike WOT, the top tier ship is not invulnerable. A cruiser 2 tier higher can still get killed in one hit by a bottom tier BB if he show his broadside, torps from both DDs, CVs and cruisers ignore angling. Only torpedo belt can help alleviate the damage but it never cover the whole of the ship and it protect <50% at best. Both fire and flooding do damage based on a % of your hp. So if you are higher tier or in a big ship (ex BB), you take more damage. He is the way to go when you can't pen them with AP, it will still do some damage if your gun caliber is big enough and has a chance to set fires. 

​I posted that in a recent thread but I think it's still relevant.

Good luck with destroyers. As you get to tier 4 and up, you can start seeing CVs. They are especially common at tier 4-5. Their planes can permanently spot you and your torpedos as well. Spotted torpedo stay spotted for the enemy team for their whole duration. AA on most DDs is pretty bad so you will kill very little planes. In higher tier, you get better guns and stronger torpedo at the cost of reload time (can go over 2 minutes). Battleships, cruisers and dds shells also get less dispersion, so they are more accurate at range. Another thing to take into account is the shell travel time. Some ships have very fast shell that can accurately hit ennemies at range while other have slow shell that give the enemy a lot of time to dodge at range. Germans DDs have somewhat floaty shell. IJN DDs have accurate shells but low dps and long turret turning time. The IJN DD line also split down the line with the gunboat line ending at T8 and the torpedo boat line coming all the way to Tier 10.

Also, unlike WOT, HE is king for smaller calliber guns like DDs and cruiser. They don't always do damage but they can set fire. In a DD, you should only use AP if you have a target relatively poorly armored (like a cruiser) and close that is showing the side of his armor (like 100% flat side). There is some exceptions but it's a good rule of thumb for now. The main objective of AP is to get good citadel hit. Overpenetration is 10% shell damage, penetration is 33% shell damage and citadel is 100% shell damage. In the options, you can set a setting that will tell you if you are overpenning, shattering your shells or other. I'd suggest taking a look and fiddle with the setting.

Edited by marcmad

If some one happens to look over this still.

I would like to ask that what are the ' suggested ' Perks / Skills ',

for the Destroyer class, play style based on using Torpedoes ?

If you have suggestions, I would like to see these.

Currently I will use what I feel to be necessary.

Improving the elements I use myself.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

For me, I would say the most vital skills are the following for stealthy destroyer play.

Tier 1: Priority Target - Knowing when and how many people are locked onto you when you drop your stealth or run into another destroyer while contesting a cap zone is very important for adjusting your own response, be it erratic evasive maneuvers, fleeing outright or keeping steady to have your guns fixed on target

Tier 2: Last Stand - Destroyers have the most fragile engines and rudders in the game, partially because of how easy it is to damage them through weak armor; having your rudder still working even when damaged can be the difference between escape or death

Tier 4: Concealment Expert - Reducing your base concealment as much as possible is just self-explanatory

These 3 skills are what I consider must-haves, everything else - while it may be very helpful like Expert Marksman, Torpedo Armament Expertise or Superintendent - are not necessarily skills which will greatly benefit your survival.  A stealth destroyer that stays alive as long as possible has many opportunities to influence the battle.

If some one happens to look over this still.

I would like to ask that what are the ' suggested ' Perks / Skills ',

for the Destroyer class, play style based on using Torpedoes ?

If you have suggestions, I would like to see these.

Currently I will use what I feel to be necessary.

Improving the elements I use myself.

There are multiple ways on how to improve your ships performance. One are the captain skills, the other one are the ship upgrades (not modules). Seraphil already covered the captain skills so I will do the upgrades.

On the Module screen for your ships you will notice some light gray boxes below the modules of your ship. Depending on your Tier you have one to seven boxes that you can use. 

The box that is available to all ships offers you three different options: Main Battery, Auxillary armament and Magazine. Dependong on what you take the survivability of this module will be increased. For a Destroyer the Main Battery mod is the one you want. It protects your Guns and Torpedo Tubes. If you think that you detonate a lot you could also take the Magazine mod.

The second box that you can see on all T3 ships offers survivability for either the engine, the rudder or the ship in total. All of them are pretty much useless but since you want to play a Destroyer and might not have Last Stand yet you could go for the engine protection. But don't expect too much.

A detailed list of all the upgrades and the ships which can equip them can be found here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades

Some notes at the end:

It could be that you can't use upgrades or a Commander yet since you require a certain account level for that. Upgrades require the level 6. If you haven't reached that level yet you can ignore the recommendations above for now since they serve no purpose for you at the moment. See this page for more info http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

I mentioned Detonations and would like to clarify them in case you don't know what they are. They are similar, if not identical to an ammo rack in WoT. Every ship except for Aircraft Carriers has a magazine which is in most cases below the main guns. If a shell hits it the server calculates your chance of detonating and if you are unlucky you go boom. Since DDs have no armor you will be detonated more while sailing a Destroyer.

Welcome to Warships.

As others have gone through there are a lot of good resources here, on wiki and youtube. They are really valuable and will save you a lot of time. Ichase's "Captain's academy" series is very good at explaining the game mechanics and Notser's individual ship videos highlight good tactics for each particular ship.

Which line is best for you depends on what you enjoy most. It sounds like you are on the right track with the IJN line. As you move up in tiers the meta will change bringing greater challenges but the same can be said for any ship.

I have each line and enjoy all of them.

National Flavour of DDs:

Japan  - Sushi  -  Careful preparation and put together with precision with many different variations on the single theme. The DDs have taken on different abilities since the split making each subtly different than the others. Like sushi they are best when care is taken with planning one mistake and everything comes undone.

USA  -  The Hamburger – As you go up the line you get more and more ingredients culminating in the two jewels the Gearing and Fletcher. Both excellent in their own way. Think Hamburger with the lot and the Fletcher having a side of chips while the Gearing has onion rings.

Russia – The Feast – Lashing of food, many courses, solid, filling and between every course is a toast & shot of fire breathing home-made vodka!  Like the feast there is nothing subtle about the Russian DD big brash and breathes fire!

Germany – Bratwurst – Sounds exotic on a menu, exciting when you order it but a disappointing  when you get it. It’s just a plain bloody sausage! It’s filling and does the job and the DDs are similar. Big solid and able but they just don’t have the pizzazz of the other countries. Hydro is like a dash of chutney giving a brief burst of flavour however it is few and far between and only available on the higher tier ships.

Germany – Bratwurst – Sounds exotic on a menu, exciting when you order it but a disappointing  when you get it. It’s just a plain bloody sausage!

*breathes heavily*

Bratwurst is more than just a plain sausage. It starts with the choice of meat. Fine meat, rough meat or maybe even cow meat? Next factor is the guy who adds the 'Brat' using the grill, here skill decides everything. And the last piece to crown it is the bread which is something that most Americans fail to understand.

*breathes heavily*

Bratwurst is more than just a plain sausage. It starts with the choice of meat. Fine meat, rough meat or maybe even cow meat? Next factor is the guy who adds the 'Brat' using the grill, here skill decides everything. And the last piece to crown it is the bread which is something that most Americans fail to understand.

*Wipes drool from side of face*

Man oh man, the bread....

WJAcmAz.jpg

I have dreams about this bread. Like, I'm not even joking. I'd sometimes just grab a loaf without any bratwurst, and eat it. 'S amazing. 

It was the best thing about Germany, next to the fact that nobody cares about small talk. 

My thanks.

Community seems to be rather helpful here.

My thanks indeed for the ' skill ' information / suggestions.

With all this and my ability to put this to my play and adjust it.

I think that my learning curve will be small as I wish.

Oh you got to be [edited]kidding me....

I am never ' Kidding ' I am always serious with what I do.

Turns out it is not worth of doing otherwise.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

There are multiple ways on how to improve your ships performance. One are the captain skills, the other one are the ship upgrades (not modules). Seraphil already covered the captain skills so I will do the upgrades.

On the Module screen for your ships you will notice some light gray boxes below the modules of your ship. Depending on your Tier you have one to seven boxes that you can use. 

The box that is available to all ships offers you three different options: Main Battery, Auxillary armament and Magazine. Dependong on what you take the survivability of this module will be increased. For a Destroyer the Main Battery mod is the one you want. It protects your Guns and Torpedo Tubes. If you think that you detonate a lot you could also take the Magazine mod.

The second box that you can see on all T3 ships offers survivability for either the engine, the rudder or the ship in total. All of them are pretty much useless but since you want to play a Destroyer and might not have Last Stand yet you could go for the engine protection. But don't expect too much.

A detailed list of all the upgrades and the ships which can equip them can be found here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades

Some notes at the end:

It could be that you can't use upgrades or a Commander yet since you require a certain account level for that. Upgrades require the level 6. If you haven't reached that level yet you can ignore the recommendations above for now since they serve no purpose for you at the moment. See this page for more info http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

I mentioned Detonations and would like to clarify them in case you don't know what they are. They are similar, if not identical to an ammo rack in WoT. Every ship except for Aircraft Carriers has a magazine which is in most cases below the main guns. If a shell hits it the server calculates your chance of detonating and if you are unlucky you go boom. Since DDs have no armor you will be detonated more while sailing a Destroyer.

' The boxes ' I already knew as I come from WoT where I am very successful ' user '.

It did not take me long to start running Premium consumables and ' Equipment ' here as well.

It is important to use EVERY tool possible to improve your results.

I am at Level 9 Currently and can Run commander upgrades as well.

My thanks for the ideas.

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/25803-gasai-yuno-has-arrived-to-the-wotlabs-highest-performing-e-25-player-and-tank-destroyer-master/

Plz be a little less cancerous in the WOWS forum, got it ? awesome...thx

Anyways I would recommend trying the US DDs as in later tiers the IJN DDs just lack carrying potential. Once you hit tier 6 your effectiveness with torps will trop tremendously and you will notice that the US high tiers have better effective torps (Fast reload and low spotting distance)

Just remember that in high tiers the torp reloads will go around 140s therefore the High spam torps gameplay ends around tier 5 and the more calculated torps start

Edited by yoyoya2

Hey, I just wanted to point out that the use of purple text seems to have some kind of triggering effect on my OCD.  Do you think it might be possible to change to plain old black text?  Also - do you like Anime?

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/25803-gasai-yuno-has-arrived-to-the-wotlabs-highest-performing-e-25-player-and-tank-destroyer-master/

Plz be a little less cancerous in the WOWS forum, got it ? awesome...thx

Anyways I would recommend trying the US DDs as in later tiers the IJN DDs just lack carrying potential. Once you hit tier 6 your effectiveness with torps will trop tremendously and you will notice that the US high tiers have better effective torps (Fast reload and low spotting distance)

Just remember that in high tiers the torp reloads will go around 140s therefore the High spam torps gameplay ends around tier 5 and the more calculated torps start

My thanks  for more thoughts.

I wish that for once I would be able to remain somewhere in peace.

Everything is being taken away from me.

But the ' Community ' here so far seems to be rather helpful ( most of it )

This is nice to see.

mehlfTL.jpg

' Destroyers ' Seem to be the most difficult class in this ' product '

this naturally means that these are the most rewarding as well.

Torpedo usage is difficult way to rely in,

with your way to do your ' DMG '  as it turns out.

Hey, I just wanted to point out that the use of purple text seems to have some kind of triggering effect on my OCD.  Do you think it might be possible to change to plain old black text?  Also - do you like Anime?

The ' Purple Text ' I have been using for very long already.

The ' Purple ' and its shades are my favourite color

and please my own eyes and senses rather a lot.

I have decorated my apartment accordingly as well.

With this, I bring out my personality and what I am up more.

My apologies if it is bothersome to you some how.

I do not mean harm with it, but I have grown it,

to be my habit and comfort and do it naturally.

( I have roots from other places )

And about the ' Anime ' Yes I do like some ' Anime ' matters quite a bit.

Good Luck to you, my friend.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

I have decorated my apartment accordingly as well.

With this, I bring out my personality and what I am up more.

My apologies if it is bothersome to you some how.

I do not mean harm with it, but I have grown it,

to be my habit and comfort and do it naturally.

( I have roots from other places )

And about the ' Anime ' Yes I do like some ' Anime ' matters quite a bit.

Ah yes the famous apartment, not enough purple IMO it needs more

2qcjc45.jpg 

Ah yes the famous apartment, not enough purple IMO it needs more

This image is rather ' old ' already,

try to refrain from this kind of content,

in the future however.

But here is more proper image, not as ' old ',

as the one you did dig out from that old topic.

XtjGJcx.jpg

I constantly do add something to my apartment I love.

Piece by piece I build it to be what I am.

Edited by Gasai__Yuno

This image is rather ' old ' already,

try to refrain from this kind of content,

in the future however.

But here is more proper image, not as ' old ',

as the one you did dig out from that old topic.

Spoiler

I constantly do add something to my apartment I love.

Piece by piece I build it to be what I am.

Your comments always made me laugh when I'd lurk in the tonks forum. I hope I see you on the high seas, and bring your wit!

A year on the tanks forum before he got banned last week, with every single post in that purple, there is no chance he'll stop now.