Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Uber72

So, with 28 battles in a CV, I was declared incompetent.

15 comments in this topic

[_CORE]
Members
105 posts
6,871 battles

I just started playing CV again after a few years of not playing it. And people get salty.

I suppose I should be instantly successful and know everything about CV ins and outs.

Waiting the trolls.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,697 posts
4,526 battles

You get hate from the enemy team when you play well. You get hate from your team when you play poorly.

Carrier life is tough.

• Cool 5

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,661 posts
24,698 battles

Meh. There are always three fingers pointed back at the captain who is pointing one at you. Shrug it off, get better, and have fun doing it!

• Cool 1

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,681 posts
8,433 battles

You get hate from the enemy team when you play well. You get hate from your team when you play poorly.

Carrier life is tough.

Also it never goes away, I get it at T9, no one ever says good job to me either. :(
Edited by Sinboto
  • Cool 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,131 posts

Also it never goes away, I get it at T9, no one ever says good job to me either. :(

Strange, I'm always saying 'thanks CV', 'thanks for support' (to any ship), 'nice torps' or 'nice kill'.

Takes less than 5 secs to type. :honoring:

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

That's mainly because you haven't seen me in-game yet. If I see a CV that is willing to work with the team, that somehow manages to protect key areas/units and that does not sit in the corner expecting the team to babysit him I will compliment him/her/it. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,738 posts
14,762 battles

Got a couple compliments in Co-op for saving the battle.

I can put up one hell of a fight after my team (of mostly bots) melt.  Happens a lot at higher tiers.

Stakes are a bit higher in the >6 tier for losing credits.  They appreciate the carry.

• Cool 1

Members
10 posts
17,745 battles

It happens, especially if people don't know how carriers work. Had a game in my Independence a few days ago where all the enemy battleships were clustered together with a few cruisers. Tier 8 mind you, so I was hitting DDs and scouting. Explained I couldn't hit BBs like someone insisted since they were grouped. Their response was "that makes it easier". After explaining this thing called AA (politely mind you), the response was "that's okay, you're not the only reason we lost this game". I had a good game (decent damage, a kill or two and about 20 planes shot down) but it doesn't matter. People expect perfection and carnage from carriers. Like people said, you just have to let it roll off your back.

• Cool 1

Members
7,122 posts
23,139 battles

Well, in most cases, 22 out of the 24 players don't want you there, except for the aa spec junkies who jump for glee if its a cv game. But the problem is there is almost always (well a lot of the time) a huge difference in skill between the two cv captains, or one plays selfishly and sends his planes around the perimeter of the map in search of that cv kill while the enemy uses his to spot our team and we get destroyed. The CV is so powerful in the right hands its literally like having 3-4 extra ships on the map vs a captain that is a scrub. The game is simply unwinnable. Even an afk BB has less impact on a game than a bad cv. You see it all the time, one cv sinks three ships and shoots down 34 planes and the other cv shoots down 4 planes.....with his own aa.

Just a lot of bad mojo with cv games.

Edited by Sweetsie
  • Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,686 posts
26,568 battles

I just started playing CV again after a few years of not playing it. And people get salty.

I suppose I should be instantly successful and know everything about CV ins and outs.

Waiting the trolls.

People at the same time hate CVs and have immense expectations of them.  They hate CVs for all the times they've nuked their ships.  They also have been around when a CV has carried their team.  They also have an expectation that every CV has to personally protect their specific ship with fighters.
  • Cool 1

[_CORE]
Members
105 posts
6,871 battles

I actually had a compliment from an enemy who said I did a lucky torp hit, which it was as I fired torps automatically and not manually while I was busy dealing with another threat. Other members of my team mentioned my move was brilliant. All I did was move some torpedo planes to attack a BB and I was focused elsewhere before I could do a manual drop. Go figure. :P

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Carrier life is tough.

You get hate from your team regardless if you're good or bad since a chunk of players think CVs are God and can be everywhere to protect them from everything and if you let even one attack get through then you are worst_CV_player_NA_server.

[BMBF]
Members
208 posts
16,007 battles

Best compliment I ever got was in my Ryujo on Strait. 

Last ship on the map.

Teammate said I'd be his Jesus if I pulled this off.

Capped B then A 

While sinking 3 BBs and the Independence for the win.

He said, "OMG you ARE Jesus!"

When I stopped laughing I thanked him afterwards. 

• Cool 1

[BZERK]
Members
767 posts
6,347 battles

To put it simply, if your friends bash you, you're doing something wrong, while if your enemies bash you, you're doing something right.

[KOHAI]
Members
1,696 posts
6,820 battles

hey, look at my CV play up to T7, I only got called out once, just check out my low tier CV stats when you need to be cheered up.

Sign in to follow this