Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreebirdTHB

Withdrawls, just wondering.

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

7 posts in this topic

I honestly haven't checked to see what effect withdrawing teams will have on my team's record. So there's no ulterior motive here.  Should withdrawing teams' previously played and future scheduled matches simply be deleted?

It seems somewhat unfair to saddle one team with a loss to a team that withdraws while another gets to record a win for a future scheduled game with the same withdrawing team.  

League policy has always been to withdraw teams and assign those matches as 2-0 wins for the remainder of the season.

If a team has already lost to one of the Latin teams those losses remain IMO, games have already been played.

Honestly speaking, Both teams were near bottom Bronze teams, if someone lost to them then they have some team issues to work on and "it wouldn't be fair" to the said teams that have already beat them for those other teams to receive a "free" win. 

You could argue the same but from the other side. Assigning wins retroactively is unfair to those who did defeat the team by diluting the leaderboard. It's a no one wins scenario when teams drop out.

Actually I wasn't going to assign wins or losses.  Just delete every game they played or were to play in the season.  End result for practical purposes is some teams won or lost a scrimmage to a withdrawn team.  Additionally, the overall season results stats actually represent games that were competitively played against the teams still in the league.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0