You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
generaldort

I ranked out on all 5 servers this season. These are my observations.

141 comments in this topic

pikohan    526

Fun read, especially about Russia and China; thanks for sharing and have an upvote :honoring:

Seagrizzly    8

I just don't get what I am doing wrong, or I am incredibly unlucky.  I played the Fiji for most of the matches and had a good run of games where even though I was not getting wins I was getting stars.  I have the highest damage per match in our clan in ranked yet my win ratio is lower than most.  I am almost always the last guy in match doing a avarage of at least 50k damage but for all my trying I got to 5 in like 250 games.  Tell me what I am doing wrong?  It seems to me its way to easy for a dd to go in get a cap point and then pee on something to save their star mean while I do a crapload of damage kill 2 things and lose a star.

Cruxdei    216

so a average player here fares better against a EU common chap in a duel but lose in team work.

looks balanced.

hofmannsc    63

Why should you be trolled? Good on you for ranking out on all servers. I like your twitch thing too- Loooose! Got'em coach :)

• Cool 1

_Big_Lou_    57

Which ships did you use on the servers?

KiwiColdbeer    176

That's some serious commitment there....

Interesting to see that the SEA server is still the same as it was when I left it some 12 months or so ago.

Even divisioning up with my Aussie and Kiwi Clan mates there was not usually enough to overcome the terribad teamwork overall.

Most of them would come to NA in a heartbeat.......if the didn't have to start from the beginning again.

• Cool 1

MajorRenegade    4,273

what is this hacks you speak of? got any proof?

• Cool 1

chaoqwe    15

Haha, I've been reading those Chinese comments in your link.

These people are totally proud of you and they know how poisonous their server is. Although they enjoy more seeing you got mad on mates and the server in general.

BTW, people make fun of their government even in the link you shared, but 'foreigners' won't understand the meaning of those seemingly non-sense stuff.

Edited by chaoqwe
  • Cool 1

Mesrith    2,361

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

• Cool 1

GORDONYZ    4

Love your comments about Chinese server

国服的评论写得太好了。一个美国人,180场就能有这么多感悟,真是厉害!:great:

Edited by GORDONYZ
  • Cool 1

HazeGrayUnderway    2,577

Thanks for the entertaining read, OP.

It further shows that each of the servers have their own quirks.  The saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" applies.

In other MMOs I've played I always did enjoy an international aspect with different people.  Too bad we can't all blow each other away on the same server in WoWS.

• Cool 1

BlailBlerg    256

Gods that was hilarious.  

Poor SEA and China is so weird.  that's just funny.  That EU toxic is very interesting too.  

Was there much counterplay to Russian piloted mass BBs?  Or was it really like a bleak future of world of BBs? 

• Cool 1

Six_Four    195

"I am your father and i will be there for you whenever you need me. Also... torpedos"

Congrats on completing an insane ranked run.

• Cool 2

Wulfgarn    2,056

Great read, I enjoyed it! Thanks for posting!

I posted one a few weeks ago and got a warning point for it...

generaldort    270

I just don't get what I am doing wrong, or I am incredibly unlucky.  I played the Fiji for most of the matches and had a good run of games where even though I was not getting wins I was getting stars.  I have the highest damage per match in our clan in ranked yet my win ratio is lower than most.  I am almost always the last guy in match doing a avarage of at least 50k damage but for all my trying I got to 5 in like 250 games.  Tell me what I am doing wrong?  It seems to me its way to easy for a dd to go in get a cap point and then pee on something to save their star mean while I do a crapload of damage kill 2 things and lose a star.

Yea it's tough in a cruiser.  You just can't carry as hard.  That's the life of a support ship I guess; you are effective only if you have competent support.
  • Cool 1

generaldort    270

Haha, I've been reading those Chinese comments in your link.

These people are totally proud of you and they know how poisonous their server is. Although they enjoy more seeing you got mad on mates and the server in general.

BTW, people make fun of their government even in the link you shared, but 'foreigners' won't understand the meaning of those seemingly non-sense stuff.

Well that's good to know!  I thought they were making fun of me lol

generaldort    270

Gods that was hilarious.  

Poor SEA and China is so weird.  that's just funny.  That EU toxic is very interesting too.  

Was there much counterplay to Russian piloted mass BBs?  Or was it really like a bleak future of world of BBs? 

It was just a slugfest.  Games took longer but it didn't break the gameplay or anything.
  • Cool 1

generaldort    270

My Vice Chairman on the Chinese server has the warpack detection mod.  I'll ask him to link it but beware it's in Chinese.

Lord_Zath    1,248

Loved the read... thanks!  

Questions if you don't mind answering  - what did you end up doing to get past the meta?  Did you switch up ships or keep playing the same one on all servers?  Which ships did you find to be the most successful on each?  

Edited by Lord_Zath