Crosys

For events that occurred on Saturday, March 18, 2017

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

67 posts in this topic

And you did notified those clans members based outside north america that they had to be 1 hour before normal schedule in order to be on time to the matches, right?... Because I don't think that they also know about the time change, or even aware that the time change occur

Yes, you are right, the rules are set at 9pm est... but you live on a region when 9pm is changing time every 3 or 4 months, Advancing 1 hour or retreating 1 hour, while in the rest of the world stays the same... and you expect me to have the habit of be checking the clock every 3 moths to see if I have the same time as you do? see the dilema, that's what atypical to us, maybe you do it on daily bases, maybe you are already used to it because it's part of the region custom, but it is not ours, therefore a little notification in advance is well appreciated, but that did not happen.

Yes we notified them and also we have clocks for different timezones on our clan's event page so even if we participate in an event held by another server  we can kepp track of the time there.

here is a glance of the top of our clans event page https://puu.sh/uUcAX.pnghttps://puu.sh/uUcAX.png

Also another thing i noted, wargaming does all its posts on events using PT and ET including updates and competitions, so how do latin americas keep track of such??if the whole server is running on PT/ET times why dont you have an ET/PT clock?? 

Are your Latin clans gonna complain when ranked ends earlier than u expect??

Also Vas/Macabe can you confirm if its official they are out of the league?we face them this weekend and i dont want them to go back on their decision without informing us, 

As staff are obliged to notify these changes, above when we ask for the solution to this on Saturday we receive a response by the staff.

League staff aren't "obliged" to notify anyone.  That's the entire problem here.  You aren't accepting responsibility for your own failure to monitor the time zones.  

The sad part is that one loss isn't going to make or break a season; you could just as easily have played it out and won your division in spite of this, and chalked it up as a lesson learned.  Instead, you've chosen to wear the mantle of victim rather than shrug it off and move on with life.

...we will not tolerate the attitude they have against people who do not live in North America.

If there was any such attitude, you would have been denied entry into the league to begin with.  I guess, though, this narrative fits your persecution complex better.

Best of luck to you fellas.  

The first couple of post, people do not freaking read.   Some areas don't do Daylight savings.  There was no heads up.  

Why not use gmt or utc next time? I can agree with both sides overall, but i think a static time reference should be used to not have these problems in the future. What do you think vas?

Also another thing i noted, wargaming does all its posts on events using PT and ET including updates and competitions, so how do latin americas keep track of such??if the whole server is running on PT/ET times why dont you have an ET/PT clock?? 

Are your Latin clans gonna complain when ranked ends earlier than u expect??

Also Vas/Macabe can you confirm if its official they are out of the league?we face them this weekend and i dont want them to go back on their decision without informing us, 

They withdrew themselves. You'll be getting a bye.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. 

An aside related to this, but a more accurate clarification is as follows:

Latino/Latina is an adjective, not a noun. In Spanish, adjectives follow the gender of the word they're describing, in this case Armada. As Armada is feminine, the adjective is of the feminine form, hence Latina. In the case of where Latina refers to a girl of Latin American descent, the noun being described is implied, not explicitly stated.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

So late teams forfeited?  Good to know.  I'll be expecting a change to the results screen...thanks

@Free, 

That is specific to the four teams out of time zone.  I believe ANZAC actually had their matches played out, FDC, FALO and GULBI all took a forfeit.

Why not use gmt or utc next time? I can agree with both sides overall, but i think a static time reference should be used to not have these problems in the future. What do you think vas?

Is it possible to consider zuiho's idea for future seasons? I think it will help to avoid all this drama regarding time zones.

Sorry but I disagree. You are playing in a tournament where the rules were established that they use 9pm est as the anchor. It is each clans responsibility to know when 9pm est is for their players. 

Unfortunately, sometimes the only way to learn is from mistakes. It is nothing against latin america...that is a senseless argument.

EST and EDT are not the same time.  If you played the games at 9PM EDT after saying EST, you were  technically in the wrong. Edited by crzyhawk

EST and EDT are not the same time.  If you played the games at 9PM EDT after saying EST, you were  technically in the wrong.

We never said EST or EDT. :hiding: I believe ducati is using est as just eastern time instead of eastern standard.

Is it possible to consider zuiho's idea for future seasons? I think it will help to avoid all this drama regarding time zones.

We'll discuss but more likely we will include a countdown or clock on the website.

We never said EST or EDT. :hiding: I believe ducati is using est as just eastern time instead of eastern standard.

fair enough!

@Free, 

That is specific to the four teams out of time zone.  I believe ANZAC actually had their matches played out, FDC, FALO and GULBI all took a forfeit.

You did receive my Email I trust.  

This is unfortunate for the teams affected but I do not believe it's the fault of the tournament staff as it is impossible for them to predict every problem that could occur when organizing an event of this magnitude. 

I'm sure from now on they can implement a warning into the rule set but this is really more the responsibility of the team if they are playing in a different time zone/region than listed on the rule set.

MS enjoyed our matchs vs FALO and we hope to see you again in a future season.