Timo_Greenwold

Computer Game Coward

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

50 posts in this topic

This is for the ones who call players cowards in game.

* this is a game, not real life

* If there is a bunch of Red ships shooting at me, I turn and go the other way, what is the point of charging them and getting sunk.

* In real life, I help make peoples lives and homes safer, wearing a blue uniform

So,  you can call me chicken or coward, I do not give a crap.

You obviously do. Or you won't start a thread here.

Ahhhh... the internet... hahaha

* If there is a bunch of Red ships shooting at me, I turn and go the other way, what is the point of charging them and getting sunk.

* In real life, I help make peoples lives and homes safer, wearing a blue uniform

Evidently, craps are given

Or he really doesn't care that they call him a coward but he's just tired of hearing the same thing over and over. I can see how that would get annoying, especially since a lot of people think they're Admiral Nimitz or something.

I need to see a photo of you in the blue uniform or I do not believe you. And if you didn't care, why did you post this thread ? To tell us you are a blue uniform who doesn't "care" ?

Can I have my five minutes back ?

Now we are in a tight spot.

We don't want to be mean to a cop, but you still are human, and a human who has raged on the forums.

I think this just sums it up.

Ahhhh... the internet... hahaha

We don't want to be mean to a cop, but you still are human, and a human who has raged on the forums.

Cop? Funny I didn't think of that. I thought he's a security since a LEO will just say that and no need to be ambiguous. And most cops around my area wear black uniforms.

Cop? Funny I didn't think of that. I thought he's a security since a LEO will just say that and no need to be ambiguous. And most cops around my area wear black uniforms.

Green and tan, all the way. 

Really? Most look black but are very dark blue.

I'm Admiral Halsey thank you very much.

I'm John Paul Jones and I have not yet begun to fight.

I'm Admiral Halsey thank you very much.

OK. But do you have 13 million US dollars in a Hong Kong investment bank that needs to be transferred out before China confiscates it?

I am going to say that the OP doesn't care and is just giving a PSA to everyone so he doesn't have to keep explaining it.

I mean he hasn't even commented back, I think that shows he doesn't care about the hate.

>>>This thread is now about police fashion trends

​This here is my latest creation! Notice the brass buttons that say "authority". Perfect for a day on the beat!

th?id=OIP.-cWuBkqCDBIdiWdKfy4kKQDTEs&pid

I am going to say that the OP doesn't care and is just giving a PSA to everyone so he doesn't have to keep explaining it.

But that is still him caring.

Coward is a euphemism in games like WOWS, and should be understood as such.  It is usually someone's opinion that someone else isn't being aggressive enough in the game.  Again, not a "real" coward in the definition sense.  But someone who isn't playing aggressive.  And, even then, it's opinion.  Sometimes you might be doing exactly what needs to be done to WIN THE GAME.  Sometimes, that requires running away.  Sometimes it requires outright hiding!  Many games I've won by running away.  Many others by hiding.

I was called out once for being the sole survivor at the map edge only to get an apology when the player calling me out realized all I had to do was sit there and let time run out for the win...against FIVE opponents.  Do what you gotta do to win, and don't let the salt affect you.  If you know what you're doing, they are just expressing frustration that you aren't doing what THEY expect you to do.  On the flip side, if several players are getting on to you for failing to be "in the game", then do some introspection...they might be right.  Could be wrong too.  So do what you gotta do...and be introspective as needed.

Above all, don't take things too literally...and even have some fun.

Coward is a euphemism in games like WOWS, and should be understood as such.  It is usually someone's opinion that someone else isn't being aggressive enough in the game.  Again, not a "real" coward in the definition sense.  But someone who isn't playing aggressive.  And, even then, it's opinion.  Sometimes you might be doing exactly what needs to be done to WIN THE GAME.  Sometimes, that requires running away.  Sometimes it requires outright hiding!  Many games I've won by running away.  Many others by hiding.

I was called out once for being the sole survivor at the map edge only to get an apology when the player calling me out realized all I had to do was sit there and let time run out for the win...against FIVE opponents.  Do what you gotta do to win, and don't let the salt affect you.  If you know what you're doing, they are just expressing frustration that you aren't doing what THEY expect you to do.  On the flip side, if several players are getting on to you for failing to be "in the game", then do some introspection...they might be right.  Could be wrong too.  So do what you gotta do...and be introspective as needed.

Above all, don't take things too literally...and even have some fun.

Exception to the rule, there are 4 BB's left in game with full health, and one half health dd on the enemy team, and the BB team is close to winning. They run cause they are all fearful of torps and they all die. That honestly is what I think the OP is getting at, but most don't know the difference between your factual statement and his emotional position.

I only call players cowards when they earn the label by their actions. Camping all match? Coward. Staying behind island and refusing to support? Coward.

DD running away cause doesn't want to die that match despite clear defeat? Cowardly scum.

You're not a coward; you are just really bad at this video game and people are calling you out because of it.

Maybe play better?

There may be no risk of physical injury, which means there's no fear of it, but there's still fear. It's the fear of failure (or other stuff). When we fail we doubt ourselves and our abilities. It doesn't matter what we're doing. We often feel dumb or incompetent too. It's no different in a game. And it goes without saying that whenever there is fear there will be cowards: people who have failed to conquer their fear.

Here is live footage of a cowardly player in it's natural habitat.

Edited by A_Horde_of_Sharks

Well..since it is a GAME, and there's no pain in getting hit, why not fight..isn't that the fun in the game, fighting other ships? Coward is a harsh term, but timid players annoy me in that while the enemy has 2 caps and the only way to win is the get one of those caps, many players will prefer to camp out all green health at their one captured letter and seem to think that they will somehow be safe there.  Then when you try to take a cap alone because they refuse to help, they tell you YOLOd the issue..while we lose the game, instead of thinking "Gee, if I would have helped maybe we would have won, or maybe not but we'd have died trying"