Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ElectricianZing

Would it be broken? (CV)

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

If US cv's have the consumable addition of Defensive Fire from tier 5-7  while they run strike load Balanced or would it make them op to their tier?

Edited by ElectricianZing

I would say that it would not really change the ships much since CV DF is very situational.

Yeah, in high tiers I often don't use it. If anything it would mean that CV striking at lower tiers would go down but that's about it AA at those tiers on CVs aren't the greatest 

I don't see it helping them really, as an IJN CV, a Saipan, or an AS USN CV they could just eat your air wing.

Yeah, in high tiers I often don't use it. If anything it would mean that CV striking at lower tiers would go down but that's about it AA at those tiers on CVs aren't the greatest 

The threat of it causes less carrier sniping at high tier because it would be a waste of 5mins for light damage and no situational gains. In ranked or low tier, there is no DF threat from the CV itself so its more likely. Hence your 'situational' use is usually at the end as a last resort to ward off a bit of damage.

To answer the OP, I think its fine as is, someone forces teamplay and can put the idea of 'I should move my carrier' in the players head if they know the threat of a strike is there.

Low tier DF would be more to stop the snipes that tend to happen more at that tier, I think. I mean, in 8+ snipes basically stop due to DF. If you are dealing with up to 2 CV's per side in lower tiers, DF would be a pretty good consumable.

I do not think it would be broken for USN carriers from USS Bogue to USS Ranger having access to AA-DF... actually I think it would be a neat feature that would encourage more players to play USN carriers... I myself would research and play Bogue if the CVE had access to AA-DF as that would be a fun gimmick.

It would be nice to see Indy and Ranger get it but not Bogue. That thing is stupid and ruins the matches of T5 CV's in its AS form which its always in.

It would be nice to see Indy and Ranger get it but not Bogue. That thing is stupid and ruins the matches of T5 CV's in its AS form which its always in.

Bogue discrimination! :izmena:

Always Air Superiority huh? You must only encounter lazy Bogue players then, because the ones who want to contribute in the most effective manner are either using Strike, 0-2-1, (dang-near a mini-Lexington,) or Stock, 1-0-1, (with Strafe and a six-plane torp squad that can just about murder anything, surprisingly effective,) I've seen more teams with an AS Bogue lose games than I care to count.

DF is wasted on CVs.  If a CV gets sniped its their own fault.  I personally snipe more AS CVs just because I don't feel like dealing with them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0